This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Weir Turn Into a Brunette? - the recasting of Dr Weir

Why didn't they decide to keep Jessica Steen as Dr. Weir. Now when you watch Season 7 of Stargate you see a cute looking blonde and then go over to Atlantis and we got some dark haired chick.

I hate it when they switch people for characters!!

Jessica Steen's Web-Site
    http://www.jessicasteen.com/
    I wish Jessica had stayed
    14.01%
    I prefer Torri
    77.29%
    eh, either, doesn't matter
    8.70%
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

She wanted too much money for a show that I think is abit of a long shot.

Comment

Where did you hear/listen that she wanted too much money?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

That's a lie, the writers wanted a different actress. They have no clue what they were doing, by TLC they should have already desided on a person to play the role, it's just lame.

BTW - She has brown hair and it was dyed, and of course there won't be any dye on Atlantis.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
          She wanted too much money for a show that I think is abit of a long shot.
          Well, that may be what YOU think, but unless your name is Brad Wright then I don't think you actually KNOW why TPTB decided to go with a different actress. And since I doubt Brad Wright would ever trash his own show, I think it's safe to say that you are merely trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

The truth is... we don't know. There are a lot of theories circulating, but I doubt we'll ever know the "real" reason. The best we can hope for is whatever PC story the producers think up to explain it.

Comment

I don't think you can really say she wanted too much money. Just TPTB wanted a different actress like Shadow said. I have no idea why
            __

__

Comment

Well since their haven't been any 'solid' information on why they changed actresses (well none that i've read or seen), i'll take a guess, she didn't want to do the series, but that doesn't explain why the producers chose her when they already knew they were going to do a series...

Comment

Well, Jessica said she was willing to do the series, well, her website said that... anyway, does it really matter. She changed. So did Jack, Daniel, Kawalski, Ferretti, Sha're, Sara, Charlie (twice! ), Cassy, Chaka, Warrick... it happens a lot

Comment

None of it matters anyways...Season one is basically already done.
                  "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    Well, Jessica said she was willing to do the series, well, her website said that... anyway, does it really matter. She changed. So did Jack, Daniel, Kawalski, Ferretti, Sha're, Sara, Charlie (twice! ), Cassy, Chaka, Warrick... it happens a lot
                    Sara? Do you mean Osiris's host? Are you sure that she changed?

I want to know if they are going to make up some excuse for the change of actress in the show like The Matrix did. I hope not. I thought that found a "new shell" thing was very needy. They should have just left it.
                    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

What change of actor/actress happened in the Matrix, ooo i remember now, the oracle... i think thats what your talking about You do know why they changed the actress right? Anyways, i didn't know there were more than one actress who played Sha're, well probably didn't pay attention, haha... I thought Sarah was played by the same actress from the whole time shes been in the series?

Comment

Sara O'Neill. The actress playing Mrs. O'Neil in the movie was not the same as the one playing the estranged Mrs. O'Neill on the show.

Comment

oooo, i know now Confusion in my head

Comment

In the Matrix they changed the oracles character cuz the first one kicked the bucket right?? Too bad cuz the first one was better.

Nothing worse than getting comfortable with one character and then they switch em up on you. Just doesn't make for good television.
                            Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                            - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                            Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                            Mayboune: *shrugs*
                            - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

You're right, the first Oracle 'kicked the bucket' just before they finished filming The Matrix Reloaded. However they did manage to avoid that little corner in Revolutions
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X