This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Novels?

Well it seems only the first is gonna be a novelization, the rest will be originals:

Hi - apart from the first one, the Atlantis novels will be original stories.
    Best regards,
    Tom

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 26 August 2005 09:56
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Atlantis Novels

Hi, I noticed Amazon has started taking pre-orders for SG Atlantis 1: The
    Rising. I was wondering if all your atlantis series where going to be
    novelizations of episodes and if you are going to do novelization of SG1
    episodes.

Thanks
    Elite Anubis Guard (EAG)-Aaron Percival
    http://www.stargatelegacywriter.blogspot.com
    http://stargatedestiny.proboards55.com/index.cgi
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Although I've given up on Atlantis and wasn't that keen on Rising, I might actually buy this one, since it's written by Sally Malcolm. And at 240 pages, it looks as though it might be a cut above your usual 'bare bones' episode novelisation. With Sally at the helm, I'm anticipating that it's chockful of character insights and introspection in among the basic rendering of the plot.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I wonder how closely it will be to the finished episode or if it will have scenes and sections that TPTB never got chance to put into the pilot.
      sigpic

Comment

The 7th issue of the Stargate official magazine says the first book will be the novelization of the Rising. They gave the provisional titles of the next two (which will be original stories) as The Chosen and Reliquary.

We in the US have to wait to buy the book unless you want to pre-order from Amazon UK which will cost more. I plan to wait untill they come here.

*Hopes those in the UK who buy the book will give we other people an idea of what they are like.*
        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
        Individuality is freedom lived.
        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Don't bother waiting, just get them from Ebay.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
            The 7th issue of the Stargate official magazine says the first book will be the novelization of the Rising. They gave the provisional titles of the next two (which will be original stories) as The Chosen and Reliquary.

We in the US have to wait to buy the book unless you want to pre-order from Amazon UK which will cost more. I plan to wait untill they come here.

*Hopes those in the UK who buy the book will give we other people an idea of what they are like.*
            Sorry, I mostly just lurk, but I got that issue and I can't find anything about Atlatnis books. What page is it on? When are they being sold?

I got the other books, the ones from the UK I mean, in the US through amazon.com. I did a search in the books section of amazon and just typed stargate and they came up okay.

Yowza

Comment

Originally posted by Yowza
              Sorry, I mostly just lurk, but I got that issue and I can't find anything about Atlatnis books. What page is it on? When are they being sold?

I got the other books, the ones from the UK I mean, in the US through amazon.com. I did a search in the books section of amazon and just typed stargate and they came up okay.

Yowza
              The guy who runs the book site (Tom) says that the SGA books will have a NOrth American distributor as nobody has the rights over here (unlike like the SG1 books) so I think w'ell probably be able to get it at Borders or Amazon.com.

Meanwhile, there is a 'fiction' section in the middle of the 7th issue of the SG magazine. I don't consider these novelizations to be canon (in fact, as far as I know, no television novelization is canon - it's only what you see ON the TV screen that is considered canon) as in reading the stuff with Sheppard, a little bit of it felt off kilter from what was presented on the screen, but I'm interested in the novels and if they're good and not overpriced, I'll buy 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Yowza

Yowza
                The article is on page 60.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Hooray!! I'm excited for these! Is there any timeline as to when the original novels will begin appearing?
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                    Hooray!! I'm excited for these! Is there any timeline as to when the original novels will begin appearing?
                    Not that I could find. I only know the UK get Rising on Dec 15th and the date for the US is unknown.

'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I can't wait for those original stories. I know it will probably be a long wait since I'm in the US, but it'll be worth it.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Usually four every year so I'm betting it'll go AT, SG1, AT, SG1...so I'd expect the first original AT one sometime...october...next year.
                        sigpic

Comment

GW posted a little tidbit about the next 2 atlantis novels coming out - after Rising that is.

"Rising" will be followed by two original Atlantis stories, written by sci-fi authors Martha Wells ("The Wizard Hunters," "The Gate of Gods," "Wheel of the Infinite") and James Swallow ("Star Trek: Voyager," "Judge Dredd"). The preliminary titles for the books are "The Chosen" and "Reliquary."

"We're encouraging our writers to be as up to date as possible with Stargate Atlantis, given that it's a new show and everything is developing," Malcolm said. "Of course, the timescales mean that the books are written way before publication, so they will always be six months to a year behind the show. That can't really be helped, but we're encouraging our authors who are coming back at the end of next year to write more to focus on Season Two. But the first couple of books will be set in Season One."

The Chosen seems like it'll be really character focused, my guess is McKay or Sheppard and Reliquary will probably have something to do with technology.
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is a small image of the cover:

The SG1 covers are better IMHO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeesh... that is a pretty sad cover compared to some of the SG1 covers.
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Working...
                              X