Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't post made in the off topic forum go tored your post count?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't post made in the off topic forum go tored your post count?

I have just noticed this. Anyone know why?
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
    It's because they want post count to reflect on-topic stuff. A lot of people would have really high post counts without ever really contributing anything to the forum by playing in the game threads.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I just noticed that too.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
        It's because they want post count to reflect on-topic stuff. A lot of people would have really high post counts without ever really contributing anything to the forum by playing in the game threads.
        Techno wraith would have 800 posts extra. From Last peson to reply alone!

Comment

I'd likely have over 150 or so myself if off-topic counted. I don't mind honestly, I prefer the post count to be reflective of "important" converstaion.

This is also why my post count has a tendancy to stagnate big-time on most boards I'm on with similar rules -- I live in off topic on most. LOL

Comment

Since you unlock special features as your post count increases, people would post utter crap and spam the off-topic section to artificially boost their post count.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I find it strange that rep counts in offtopic when post count doesnt
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I actually like it this way, it means they have to post stuff in the other areas!

Comment

cus if it did I would have a custem avatar right now
                  I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                  so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                  But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                  Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                  GW My home away from home....
                  My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    I find it strange that rep counts in offtopic when post count doesnt
                    Well, even if it didn't all someone would have to do is find one of the offender's posts in "on-topic" and ding that, leaving a comment as to the true purpose for the ding.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                    X