Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the situation of Jack/RDA be explained?(possibe spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the situation of Jack/RDA be explained?(possibe spoilers)

As we all Know, RDA has left stargate in order to spend more time with his family, which is completely fine with me, but i was thinking, should his situation be explained? not everyone who watches the show goes to fan websites, conventions, etc. they should should have a 15 seconed scene where sam says somthing like "its weird not having jack here< since hes now yada yada yada" i dont think anyone every really came out and said jack is now head of homeworld security. they could alsi have a thing at the end of an episode that says "RDA has retired from SG-1 for personal reasons" or somthing along the lines of it
    now for the disclaimers
    sorry if this is a repeated thread,or the situation has been explained for jack and/or RDA, and sorry if this makes no sense
    wow im paranoid
    Executive 1:Uh O! Our ratings are -9
    Executive 2:What could be so bad to do that to the greatest network in the universe?
    Executive1:It's gotta be that dang star-fence show
    Executive2: I say we cancel it!
    Executive1:OR we could make a movie so awsome, everyone will love it!
    Executive 2: but what about what happend last time sir?
    Executive 1: O yes,NOTE TO SELF never make a movie that has somone with a lawyer...damn vampires
    Executive 2: How about walrus's?
    Executive 1:GENIUS!, but for extra zing will make it possed by alien ghost cowboys. It could be in Las Vegas, with zombies
    Executive 2:Lawyers Sir
    Executive 1: DAMN
    Executive 2: stereo-type canadians?
    Executive 1: PERFECT! but were gonna need a star.
    Executive 2: let's use an actor from Sungate
    Executive 1:Id use the guy with bling on his head but his last name is judge, they scare me
    Executive 2:Will just kidnap and brainwash a model..again
    Executive 1: WE ARE GODS!

TPTB dont know what to do so they are doing what they always do in this situation ignore it
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Actors leave TV shows all the time. Most viewers really don't care why, and most of those who do care know how to find out.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

They should explained it all right, they just don't wanna do it now for possible milking it in the future.
        sigpic
        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
          They should explained it all right, they just don't wanna do it now for possible milking it in the future.
          That's the impression I've got. I think at the beginning of season 9 they were hoping he'd be back for a total of 4 episodes in season 9. Judging by the spoilers of the second half of season 9, this doesn't seem to have happened (unless TPTB are keeping any future appearances under serious wraps).

I haven't seen any of season 9, but I gather that his two appearances in the first few episodes were brief to say the least. If he doesn't come back, then it really isn't much of a send-off for both a character and an actor that has been at the centre of a show for 8 years.
          always and forever
          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            Actors leave TV shows all the time. Most viewers really don't care why, and most of those who do care know how to find out.
            I think viewers will care when its the MAIN CHARACTER!!!!!
            anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
              I care. I definately think they should have explained his absense. I think they could have come up with a reason for him not being there without endangering any possible return or visit in future episodes. When I watched the first episode of Season 9, I along with those I watched it with, was very confused on what was going on. I had not seen Season 8 so I assumed that that was why I was so confused. Not so.

Comment

They are pretending that it hasnt happened

Comment

I fully agree. The only declaration of where O'Neill has moved to has been online. If I didn't hang around Gateworld, I wouldn't know where the good general had gone. The only suggestions has been in Avalon Part 1 when
                  Spoiler:
                  the chess conversation suggests Jack put Landry in charge and therefore is in position of power above the SGC commander
                  and Beachhead when
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack was in control of whether or not Sam came with the Mark IX, suggesting an overseeing position of Area 51 R&D
                  . TPTB need to declare on-screen Jack's exact current position.
                  "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                  " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                  Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
                    I agree. Most shows have some kind of storyline regarding the main character's departure....death, moved, coma, missing, and so forth. Relationships between the characters keeps us coming back. When a character leaves for whatever reason, the viewers feel the loss. That's why a story is important. Fans need closure. I don't agree with the way TPTB handled Jack's departure. It is making it difficult for me to accept the new characters and stories. Heck, when Jack was promoted to Brigadier General in Season 8, we knew where Weir and Hammond were posted and why. I wish the same could be said for Jack's whereabouts.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh for the love of...

He has taken over for Hammon and has become the "Head of Homeworld Security"!

It says as much in both Sci-fi's mini-site and on the official website.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                        Oh for the love of...

He has taken over for Hammon and has become the "Head of Homeworld Security"!

It says as much in both Sci-fi's mini-site and on the official website.
                        Thanks, but I would actually like the characters to talk about Jack's new post and express their feelings/opinions about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Thanks, but I would actually like the characters to talk about Jack's new post and express their feelings/opinions about it.
                          Me too, but everyone is acting like you have no clue! As Sci-Fi fans, we should be all over this!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                            Me too, but everyone is acting like you have no clue! As Sci-Fi fans, we should be all over this!
                            There are a vast number of respectable Sci-Fi fans who don't spend time reading about their favorite show on the 'Net and I'm sure they have no idea really why Jack left or what exactly he is doing. Those of us who do know this stuff because we *do* read online info, still want it to be explained on the show or to at least have one person on the team mention Jack's name just once.

Of course, this won't happen. Apparently Jack has a desk job in D.C., the very thing he would hate and would be no good at; it makes no sense. Since the writers couldn't come up with anything better, they probably didn't want to mention it on the show 'cause they know it makes no sense so they pretend he never was there and therefore, never left, so they don't have to do anything about it.

Pretty clever of them, isn't it?

Comment

I don't know how familiar any of you are with the military, but people get transfered all the time with even less fanfare than Jack got. So, no I don't think there needs to be much more said about Jack's leaving. He's gone, it sucks, the rest of the gang soldiers on. Just like any other military unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X