This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how has the fleet been getting food?

In one episode in season one the point was raised that the fleet eats through a lot of food, however it never really answered how they plan to get all this food. I'm sure by now they must have almost run out of any reserve stocks they had...

Originally posted by Carbito
    In one episode in season one the point was raised that the fleet eats through a lot of food, however it never really answered how they plan to get all this food. I'm sure by now they must have almost run out of any reserve stocks they had...
    that was the episode "Water". they probably have hydroponics for the vegtables and fruit, but i dont know what they do for meat, they have to have run out of that by now

Comment

Grow their own like in voyager
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I agree. They have a lot of space on these ships and planets only need power, water, and space to grow. Meat can probably be made in the lab. It would taste like crap, but it would fill their protein requirements.
        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I don't think they can get anymore meat. In one of the podcasts (Resistance or The Farm) RDM made a point that the meat lockers in the fleet are under heavy guard.

Comment

was there a point made at one point about how horrible the food was because it was an artificial paste like stuff that was just all nutrients and protiens and stuff you need, but produced artificially? i dont know about the fleet in general but i think at least Galactica has gone that route, so they can just produce what they need chemically from raw materials and dont need to grow food.

Comment

I've always been curious to know how the fleet has been managing their food supply. Yeah, they've rationed stuff, but rations only get you so far. The only real time i remember the fleet getting anything was when they stopped to get the raw materials for fuel somewhere. So far, i haven't noticed any places where the fleet actually picked up supplies.

Comment

Soylent Green
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  Soylent Green
                  Ummm... what's that?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    Ummm... what's that?
                    Soylent Green is people!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                      ROTFLMAO!!!!
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        Ummm... what's that?
                        That is a calssic sci-fi movie with Charlton Heston, about food made from parts of dead people (in the near future).

Comment

awww i wanted to say that lol

Comment

The yellow ones are better anyway.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well if the cylons can make people i think the colonials could atleast make a cow or a chicken

Comment

Working...
                              X