This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least favourite episode (old and new)

Its come to this since weve got so many favourite threads for the Whoverse so we might as well have some least favourite threads.
    So post away. I cant really say I have a proper least favourtie episode but I dont really like the 1996 movie because and sorry to offend any americans but it was so americanised.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Dalek in the new series was really disappointing, Mum was looking forward to it but left the sofa half way through, Touchy Feely Daleks it's not natural

Comment

Ghost Light, I didn't really like it, but I still will get it.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        I cant really say I have a proper least favourtie episode but I dont really like the 1996 movie because and sorry to offend any americans but it was so americanised.
        I don't like the movie either and I am American (I'm not offended at all). It was definately too Americanized, just bad. The whole Master thing was terrible. My parents still don't count the Doctor in that as the eight.
        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Least favorite... well, I've only see the Fifth, Eighth and Ninth Doctor, and a few other serials here and there. So far, I'd say I was really disappointed with "Enlightenment" (Fifth Doctor). That just bored me to no end. I don't care much about stories about ships, sailing (even through space), the crew on a ship etc. It just doesn't catch my fancy, ever.

A close second would be "Awakening," and an honorable third place for the Ninth Doctor story "The Longest Game."

As for the Paul McGann movie, the first half was terrific. After that... just not that impressive anymore.

Comment

I'll give you my top ten with one being the worst.

01. Happiness Patrol
            02. Terminus
            03. Reign of Terror
            04. Arc of Infinity
            05. The Underwater Menace
            06. The Time Monster
            07. Revenge of the Cybermen
            08. Underworld
            09. Edge of Destruction
            10. An Unearthly Child (episodes 2, 3, 4 were terrible but episode 1 was one of the best ever)

Sorry, about The Happiness Patrol, Metarock Sam; but that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
              Its come to this since weve got so many favourite threads for the Whoverse so we might as well have some least favourite threads.
              So post away. I cant really say I have a proper least favourtie episode but I dont really like the 1996 movie because and sorry to offend any americans but it was so americanised.
              I liked the movie, but I thought it was too Americanized as well. For some reason, my favorite sci-fi shows are all British, Canadian, and Australian productions.

Doctor Who, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                I liked the movie, but I thought it was too Americanized as well. For some reason, my favorite sci-fi shows are all British, Canadian, and Australian productions.

Doctor Who, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.
                Thats almost the same for me except I replace Farscape with the 4400.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Why is this thread dead? Thats disheartening... <3
                  sigpic
                  Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                  O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                  Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                  O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

love & monsters

ok close the thread i win
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      love & monsters

ok close the thread i win
                      Oh that episode. I almost couldn't make it through Love & Monsters. I had to force myself to finish the episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Old series (keeping in mind I've only seen up till near the end of series 8)....probably The Web Planet.

Of the new series, either Love & Monsters or Evolution of the Daleks.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I know this is a newer one...but I thought Waters of Mars was an amazing FLOP. There was so much potential. So much. I can give many reasons, but my biggest I think is:

Spoiler:
                          The Doctor changing the fixed point in time should have been what caused his death a couple episodes later. They could have tied it in beautifully. Instead, he changed the fixed point in time, and what happened? Nada.

I don't know why that annoys me so much
                          sigpic
                          Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                          O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                          Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                          O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Old:
                            Still haven't watched all the old episodes yet. I've only seen a few so I cannot pass judgement at this time.

New:
                            It would either have to be "Love & Monsters" or "Victory Of The Daleks".
                            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I can't speak for the classic series, but from 2005-onwards;

- The Next Doctor was awful
                              - Love & Monsters was awful
                              - 42 was just pretty rubbish
                              - Journey's End was awful
                              - Daleks in Manhatten/Sec's in the City/Evolution of the Daleks/Pigs Slaves from Hell was awful
                              - Dreamland was just like a bad novel

By the way, kudos for resurrecting this thread five years after its untimely death.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X