This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Aurora" vs "Lost Boys" as Season Finale

I just saw the headline that the Atlantis season finale ("Lost Boys") didn't do that well in the ratings. I must admit that the episode was alright, however I felt that it paled in comparison to "Aurora". So the question that I pose here, is do you think that the Aurora storyline would have made a much better season finale than "Lost Boys"?
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

I think the main factor in the two hour slot not doing so well was the main fanbase had already downloaded aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
      I think the main factor in the two hour slot not doing so well was the main fanbase had already downloaded aurora.
      maybe people just dont have the time to stay up and watch the show or enough recording technology to be able to record it.

Comment

I enjoyed "Lost Boys" a lot more than "Aurora" (couldn't beat it as a character piece!), but I think the reason the ratings were low was because of competition from big network premieres and the fact that many fans may have obtained "Aurora" from ::cough:: other sources.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
          I enjoyed "Lost Boys" a lot more than "Aurora" (couldn't beat it as a character piece!), but I think the reason the ratings were low was because of competition from big network premieres and the fact that many fans may have obtained "Aurora" from ::cough:: other sources.
          not downloading, nobody think downloading.

Comment

I liked 'Lost Boys' alot more than 'Aurora' don't see why it shuld've gotten lower ratings, 'Lost boys' was a great ep, saw loads of wraith technology, the inside of the hive ship and the queen, I have to admit for me 'Aurora' was a let down but i won't go into that.

Comment

'Lost Boys' was great! I loved it! 'Aurora' was ok, but the problem with it was that they had to kill all the ancients .... but even so, it was good too. Both episodes were awesome, and I don't know why they got bad ratings. And what a cliffhanger!
              Join Me, And Together, We Can Rule The Galaxy!!!

Comment

bah. last season's mid season finale was a lot fore exciting. They probably think that now that everyone likes SGA, they can screw up a bit

Comment

If you combine a bit of Lost Boys and Aurora, then I think Aurora could have been a great finale. Basically, have McKay revive the Aurora captain. While the captain, Shep and McKay search Aurora for the database with the info on the Wraith weakness, the Wraith attack. McKay and the captain find the info and send it to the Dadealus but the Wraith manage to beam Shep and the Ancient captain to the Wraith Hive ship. end episode. That would have been a great cliffhanger!

Comment

"Lost Boys" was better than "Aurora", but "Aurora" wasn't a BAD episode, just not as interesting. You can't hit home runs every episode anyway.

Ratings were down because the networks were showing new shows that had been heavily advertised, plus we had Hurricane Rita slamming the Gulf - 2nd major 'cane in a month, so a lot of people were watching new channels or Weather Channel. I didn't know anyone in harm's way, but I did keep flipping to CNN during commercial breaks.

It is also difficult to really analyze both episodes as I watched BSG's cliffhanger finale, which was a stunning and disturbing episode. Anything that came on before it would pale in comparison.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      "Lost Boys" was better than "Aurora", but "Aurora" wasn't a BAD episode, just not as interesting. You can't hit home runs every episode anyway.

Ratings were down because the networks were showing new shows that had been heavily advertised, plus we had Hurricane Rita slamming the Gulf - 2nd major 'cane in a month, so a lot of people were watching new channels or Weather Channel. I didn't know anyone in harm's way, but I did keep flipping to CNN during commercial breaks.

It is also difficult to really analyze both episodes as I watched BSG's cliffhanger finale, which was a stunning and disturbing episode. Anything that came on before it would pale in comparison.
                      There you go...I also think Rita played a major role in not getting viewers for either show...as a Gulf Coaster...lots of us kept flipping to the news just to make sure she was not turning in our directions...during commercials of course...I enjoyed both shows, but Lost Boys was my fav, for many reasons..and I am looking forward to January to see how it unfolds.
                      Purple's Biggest Fan
                      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

I think they should have kept them how they were. It could have hurt them splitting them up. some people may have thought that the fall season already ended so didnt bother.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                          I think they should have kept them how they were. It could have hurt them splitting them up. some people may have thought that the fall season already ended so didnt bother.
                          I agree. I also know there have been some people I heard who said they weren't going to watch The Lost Boys until just before the second half of the season started. So the fact that it was a cliff-hanger could be a factor as well.
                          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                          Individuality is freedom lived.
                          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Let me clarify something...The question be possed was wether or not you felt that the AURORA storyline and potential for plot details would have been a better choice for the season finale. I was wanting to address the PLOT vs PLOT potential as opposed to EPISODE versus EPISODE AND the respective choice of PLOT/STORYLINES for the Season finale - Not the actual episodes.

Think of youself as the producers and two writers are presenting the IDEA for AURORA and the IDEA for LOST BOYS and you have to decide which would be the better finale.
                            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Aurora was the better episode, even though it was just a bit boring (not much action) it was still better quality but on the otherhand Lost Boys did have a cliffhanger ending which most Finalies do.

Comment

Working...
                              X