This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dex/ Ford anger question?

this question is about the characters not the "fans" of either or both.

I'm just looking for a bit of In sight on the CHARACTERS.

what is the deal between the two characters?

why is there such anger and resentment coming off the two for eachother?

I may have missed an Ep. but what does Dex have to be mad at Ford for and what does Ford have to be mad at Ronon for? they do not even know eachother other then the first time they met.

Ford saved Dex life from the Wraith and Dex saved Mckay from Ford with the fighting. but it was nothing personal.

Ford killed the Wraith to get the drug and Dex fought Ford because he made a deal with Shep and Co. that if they helped him he would help bring ford back to them.. they both was doing something to get something else in return.

I dont get the anger.

In lost boys they worked well together I especially loved the scene where they are standing back to back working as one fighting the wraith. In the fighting scenes they are equally matched, Ford even said so and Ronon agreed. I think they would make an awesome team and would be a force to be reckon with.

it's a shame IMO the show is wasting the chance to team them up and work the chemistry the two have playing off eachother.

I think both actors are awesome!
    Ronon Dex did not replace Ford. Ronon is an ADDITION to the team.. funny, that doesn't seem hard to understand to me.. guess I'm a McKay!

hmmm.... here is my thoughts.

In Runner, the first encounter I think Ronon was very much trying to figure out who he could trust and who he couldn't. I think he trusted humans but didn't trust himself because he knew he was a runner. That was until he met Ford by accident. At first he would have been grateful for the help, but knew something was weird and off about Ford. ((I'm trying to write this without any spoilers. LOL)) His trust was wavering a bit as he may have been wondering if the others had the same kind of strange behavior.

At that point I don't think he felt any indifferent towards Ford even after he went toe to toe with him. But I do think it was a start of distrust, considering he saw Ford acting strangely to those who were trying to help him. But I do not believe there is any anger yet.

In Lost Boys, that anger explodes because one Ronon already distrusts Ford, how they discovered Ford was alive was enough to set off all of the warning bells reminiscant to being traitorous. And then to discover what Ford was doing to all of them fueled his anger even more, but also kept him on guard now as he studdied and decifered the situation about Ford and just how dangerous he was and how to handle it. He probably had learned more of the situation about Ford's condition after returning to Atlantis after runner. I'm sure he would want to know, just to be sure that none of the other Crew were off kilter like Ford was.

However, as the Show progressed the situation changed. Ronon however still held high distrust and his anger grew more. Maybe his size maybe his species of human and tolorence but he never fully came to trust and his anger never simmered towards Ford.

Spoiler:
    Now at the End of Lost Boys. They were all in a situation. They were all human on a hive ship. They had no choice therefore had to fight together.
    Okay so I didn't make it through a post without a spoiler.

But I agree, the dynamics between Ford and Dex are awesome.

Comment

spoilers****************************
      i think the anger was from the fact he kidnapped them ronnon seems to get mad about things like that. then even moreso when he finds out he has been given the enizme

Comment

Originally posted by Calypso
        hmmm.... here is my thoughts.

In Runner, the first encounter I think Ronon was very much trying to figure out who he could trust and who he couldn't. I think he trusted humans but didn't trust himself because he knew he was a runner. That was until he met Ford by accident. At first he would have been grateful for the help, but knew something was weird and off about Ford. ((I'm trying to write this without any spoilers. LOL)) His trust was wavering a bit as he may have been wondering if the others had the same kind of strange behavior.

At that point I don't think he felt any indifferent towards Ford even after he went toe to toe with him. But I do think it was a start of distrust, considering he saw Ford acting strangely to those who were trying to help him. But I do not believe there is any anger yet.

In Lost Boys, that anger explodes because one Ronon already distrusts Ford, how they discovered Ford was alive was enough to set off all of the warning bells reminiscant to being traitorous. And then to discover what Ford was doing to all of them fueled his anger even more, but also kept him on guard now as he studdied and decifered the situation about Ford and just how dangerous he was and how to handle it. He probably had learned more of the situation about Ford's condition after returning to Atlantis after runner. I'm sure he would want to know, just to be sure that none of the other Crew were off kilter like Ford was.

However, as the Show progressed the situation changed. Ronon however still held high distrust and his anger grew more. Maybe his size maybe his species of human and tolorence but he never fully came to trust and his anger never simmered towards Ford.

Spoiler:
        Now at the End of Lost Boys. They were all in a situation. They were all human on a hive ship. They had no choice therefore had to fight together.
        Okay so I didn't make it through a post without a spoiler.

But I agree, the dynamics between Ford and Dex are awesome.
        haha, you almost made it thru! lol good try tho.

I get that Dex and Ford didn't trust eachother to begin with. they both had issues with that. I can also agree that with Ronon being a runner it was natural for him to be on guard. I also totally get why he was mad at Ford in Lost boys. But I just never got why they were mad in the begining. they didn't know anything about eachother yet I felt there was alot of hostility between the two. it just seemed odd to me. I think when Dex got back to Atlantis he was informed more about Ford but I don't think the team would have told him anything bad about Ford. they see him as a friend in need of help not really a threat. If anything they would have tired to get Dex to understand. ofcoures that went out the window when Lost Boys happen.

thank you for your reply.
        Ronon Dex did not replace Ford. Ronon is an ADDITION to the team.. funny, that doesn't seem hard to understand to me.. guess I'm a McKay!

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
          spoilers****************************
          i think the anger was from the fact he kidnapped them ronnon seems to get mad about things like that. then even moreso when he finds out he has been given the enizme
          lol yeah I think pretty much anyone would be anger at the fact they were kidnapped and drugged against there will. the whole team was not happy about that. I get the anger from him in lost boys and I will get it from now on because of lost boys. But I just don't get it from before now.

Ford I can kind of blame it on the drugs and the fact that they are making him paranoid but it still feels odd.

Comment

With Ronan's history as a Runner under the control of the wraith, at first he was appreciative to Sheppard for helping him get out of that predicament. Sooner or later, Ronan was going to lose as a Runner, and he knew it.

In the early episodes, it seemed as though Ronan was testing Sheppard, especially in Condemned. We all saw how he reacted to becoming a prisoner again.

In "The Lost Boys," Ronan has two things happen. He becomes a prisoner again, and he comes under control of his captor (due to the enzyme).

I think Ronan's as loyal to Sheppard as Teal'c is to O'Neill. It's the beginning of a deep friendship between them. I think TPTB liked the idea of the alien/Earthling relationship and wanted to bring that back with the strong fighter, and that deep loyalty between them.

Ronan expressed his loyalty with Sheppard well in that quote "He dies, you die."

Comment

In "The Lost Boys," Ronan has two things happen. He becomes a prisoner again, and he comes under control of his captor (due to the enzyme).

I actually never really thought about this point of view. thank you for pointing this out. I agree that Dex is very loyal to all of the SGA team. (except maybe Mckay. lol he doesn't like him much.)

But I think if they gave eachother a chance Ronon and Ford could become a great team. they both are loyal and respect Sheppard. he could bring them together.

I just wish there wasn't that much tension between the two. I like seeing Dex and Ford play off eachother.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Probably the fact that Ford and his cronies kidnapped Dex and the rest of the team and forced him to take the enzyme. Also, the enzyme might have had some effect as well.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                  Spoiler:
                  Probably the fact that Ford and his cronies kidnapped Dex and the rest of the team and forced him to take the enzyme. Also, the enzyme might have had some effect as well.

Dito...part of it. I think also their fight was interupted in Runner and it is unfinished between them...although they did have calm discussions through out the show...
                  Purple's Biggest Fan
                  A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Ronan also strikes me as someone who is very loyal to his unit. I think he really respects Colonel Shppard as a military officer as well. That Ford does something hostile to his team, I don't think he likes that eiher. Also, I think he's a warrior by nature and likes a good fight.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                    X