No announcement yet.

Enemies (501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am completely biased as Season 5 is my favorite season of SG1. Exodus was a fantastic epiosde with a griping cliffhanger that when I first say Enemies I said that this would have to be awesome to top the S4 finale. And it was in the truest sense. I found it interesting to see the Goa'uld fight Replicators aka the two main enemies of SG1 for the first 8 seasons. Clearly the Replicators were overmatched for the Goa'uld. It is the more standard of SG1 haveing a set of problems to solve and they try to tackle each one to save the day.

Some people were sad to see Apophis finally die but I think it was time to kill him off for good. The villian had seemed to run his course with antagonizing SG1. He was fun to hate but I think too much longer it would have became a joke that Apophis was still around. What sells is that we have a character element to the action. The Teal'c being brainwashed is nice emotional element to see Sg1 struggle with fighting their own.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't like Part 1, Part 2 or Part 3 so basically just bad episodes.

Comment

Not sure if this thread (or forum) is really alive anymore, but I was just wondering about the Greek inscription on Cronus' throne.

????O??? ?????
        ?????? ????
        - ?????? -
        ??????? ????
        ????? ???????
        ?????? ???

The wiki translates it thusly:

Holy Antiochus
        (???) god
        - Cronos -
        (???) (???)
        GRACIOUS EMPEROR
        FEAR CRONUS

I'm pretty sure that's some Google Translate BS. I don't know all the words, but Antiochus was a Greek citizen that I doubt would be named on the throne, and ????? means 'serpent'. I still don't have all the words, but we're looking at something like:

Drive away the serpent,
        King and God
        - Cronos -
        (???) (???)
        Fear Cronos, the gracious emperor.

Comment

Life here is random, threads seem to pop up years after the last post, depends what people are doing or if theres rewatches and stuff going on...

Comment

I loved the previous episode, the ending of season 4. This conclusion was also good, but the story went from really exciting to boring, with the Teal'c story.
            Last edited by Cluas; 24 January 2013, 01:39 PM. Reason: found out

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
              I loved the previous episode, the ending of season 4. This conclusion was also good, but the story went from really exciting to boring, with the Teal'c story.
              Maybe just a little boring in part 2 of this one, but overall I think it was good. I liked the space scenes of ep 1 too, where they are in another galaxy. Nice backgrounds and the ships look awesome.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate_Builder View Post
                Maybe just a little boring in part 2 of this one, but overall I think it was good. I liked the space scenes of ep 1 too, where they are in another galaxy. Nice backgrounds and the ships look awesome.
                I agree, perhaps boring was a strong word to use
                Yes the ships (I need a drooling smiley here)

Comment

Daniel: "What's that?"
                  Jack: "That, is a big. bug."
                  Jack: "Let's not wake it up."

The fearful Colonel is so funny.

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                  "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Practical as well.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Teal'c: "I have never ceased to be in the service of my god."

Did anybody catch the way he said that? It was so evil!

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                      "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Great start to the season...

Okay, so the replicators are back. Big bug!
                        And Teal'c's brainwashed by Apophis into thinking he never left his service. Yes, teal'c you really fooled us all. We'd never have guessed...

So, this really is the end of Apophis, right?

Best scene of all - Daniel, Sam and Jack running through the hallways firing at the bugs. Awesome shot.

Selmac -> "...Commander of this vessel."

Jack's brilliant... you can see him go "Hey, wait a minute, this is my vessel."
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I gotta wonder: whatever happened to the replicators in this galaxy, wherever it is. When Fifth took all the replicators to Milky Way, he could only control the ones in Ida, right? He couldn't have recalled the replicators in this random galaxy too.

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Exciting opening of the season - jam-packed, left me wanting more (well, as almost always).
                            O'Neill needs some time to realize that Teal'c's change is "real" - just the same happened to me.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Apophis's death was pretty cool. The personal shield seems rather OP, protecting against all those replicators for a long time. And what happened to Chronos's shield after he died? I guess you need to be a Goa'uld to use it, but surely must be useful for Tok'ra or someone?

Comment

I haven't seen all of the episodes yet but I'm guessing that Apophis isn't dead. Just guessing. He 'died' before and came back. Sure this time he was hurled into a planet, but hey... Well, okay maybe he's dead this time. But I'm not sure yet. I keep expecting him to return.

Comment

Working...
                                X