Enemies (501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    My favorite two parter in all of Stargate!
    yeah...Its up there on my list too. It's too stinking hard to choose!!! : )
    Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anyone else appreciate just how unlikely it is that the motherships, having been propelled by the blast wave of the supernova, would exit hyperspace in another galaxy? And in a star system within said galaxy... Given the distances between galaxies, and the distances between stars within galaxies, the chances of them dropping out in one are negligible.

Also how did the jaffa fit a sarcophagus (spelling?) into the cargo ship?

Regardless, this is a really good episode, one of my all time favourites

Comment

8.5/10

About even with the first part. Nothing special stood out for me other than the fact that they are pushing the replicators to the forefront. They seem like an unbeatable enemy and I stopped watching the show when the replicators were around. so seeing how they are handled should be interesting.
        Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by Jon McClane View Post
          Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anyone else appreciate just how unlikely it is that the motherships, having been propelled by the blast wave of the supernova, would exit hyperspace in another galaxy? And in a star system within said galaxy... Given the distances between galaxies, and the distances between stars within galaxies, the chances of them dropping out in one are negligible.

Also how did the jaffa fit a sarcophagus (spelling?) into the cargo ship?

Regardless, this is a really good episode, one of my all time favourites
          Even more unlikely is the chance that after exiting hyperspace into another galaxy, in another star system, it just happens to be the one the Replicators are from!

Comment

Enjoyable start to the season, although not the greatest of episodes. An unfortunate return for the boring old Replicators, but they don't take up a huge amount of the screen time. Some great banter between characters, and an unexpected twist with Teal'c. It's a shame Daniel has so little to do in an episode that is so focused on the team, as this is an out-and-out military action episode.

The way season 4 ended could have set up a great story arc with SG-1 stuck in a distant galaxy, but it was unlikely to ever happen and it's not at all surprising that they are back home by the end of the episode without much effort. I'm so glad to finally see the end of Apophis, he was a pretty weak bad guy and generally useless in any episode he appeared in. Cronus, Heru-Ur, etc., had so much more potential and screen presence than he ever did. At least we have Ba'al to look forward to!

Special note must be given to the bloody FANTASTIC special effects on show in this episode.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I think O'Neill overdoes the picking on Jacob Carter and the Tok'ra. At almost any and every opportunity he makes a snide remark, even when Selmak is communicating with Apophis as the ship commander.
              Speaking of which, what are the total number of times that Apophis has been killed by goa'uld and by SG1 etc.?
              I think this was the second time he was killed by SG1, and I think he was killed by the goa'uld 3 times, which includes at least one alternative reality story.
              He died in SGC and must have escaped when Teal'c returned him through the stargate and been rescucitated in the sarcophagus. Baal or Cronus killed him at least once that I can remember.

Comment

I am not clear (yet) on what happened once the got back to our galaxy in hyperdrive after the destruction of Apophis and his planet. How did they get back to Earth with the ship? I would assume that the regular hyperdrive speed inside the galaxy would get them back to Earth's orbit.

Comment

You just answered your own question. The cargo ship is more then capable of going from Sokar's home planet to Earth
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

LOoks like I'm the first rewatcher to talk about an S5 ep!

September 2001: In the past several months I had stumbled accross and gotten myself really into the Starguide forum on Delphi. The first thread I remember reading was a season 4 review thread and that was my first introduction to the various segments in fandom. Also my first introduction to some great people!

Hanging out on such a forum, S5 went on to become the first season that I really got significantly spoiled with but still...we were really looking forward to new SG1 and then...9/11 happened about a week or so before the season premiere started in the UK and this great community was scared out of their wits and the start of the season wasn't such a big deal any more.

And yet still, it was a reminded that some cool things went on.

Anyway...

1. Well I knew the Replicators were coming but didn't expect them to knock out Apothis's ship.

2. They retrieve Teal'c and he pulls a gun on them. Oucchhhh....

3. Yes, Jacob was the 5th member of SG1 here because he had to be.

4. Bleep that was a big bug.

5. Was not expecting Apothis to go down like that but...they did get out of it.

Quite a way to start the season.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Great opener to season 5. Damn were there a lot of visual effects. So, Teal'c now thinks Apophis is still his god (for now )

It's a shame we'll never see that other ship (the one that attached Apophis' ship) again, because it looked pretty cool.

The Commentary:
                      • Martin noted how the location of the camera is based on the direction of the ship (most of the time).
                      • The shootout between Jack, Sam, & Jacob vs the Replicators was shot with one take as the suggestion of Michael Greenburg(?)
                      • Originally for this scene, the camera was 4 inches away from Chris' face. His head was big (enough to make the crew start laughing), so the camera was moved back a little bit.
                        Spoiler:
                      • When Teal'c hits Jack in the face, Chris actually hit RDA because he didn't stop fast enough. He stop fast enough during the other takes, but not for this take.
                      • Not a visual effect
                        Spoiler:

Tomorrow, Bra'tac makes his first appearance since the end of Season 3 (no really), and we learn some Teal'c back story.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow, season five already! Great start.

The one time having a ship infested with Replicators turns out to an advantage, they get back to the Milky Way galaxy quickly!

Loved the effect of the Replicators walking around on Apophis' personal sheild!

The acting award goes to Chris J in this episode! He was fantastic as the brain washed Teal'c. The exchange between Jack and Teal'c was so well done, you just don't want to hear Teal'c talk like that!

O'NEILL: ................. Come on, we're friends. Are you trying to tell me you don't remember what's happened these past four years.

TEAL'C: I remember everything. It makes me ill to think I was forced to pretend to be your friend. So many times I saved your life when I wished I could watch you die.

Comment

And that's the end of Apophis. He wasn't the the most interesting system lord to begin with. But he did get better in the later seasons. Plus he holds a special place for being the one who started it all.

Overall it was a great start to the season. The replicator ship was very cool looking.

The scene with the the replicators chasing the team was great. Very action packed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                            And that's the end of Apophis. He wasn't the the most interesting system lord to begin with. But he did get better in the later seasons. Plus he holds a special place for being the one who started it all.
                            He really wasn't that interesting was he? Especially considering how long he was used on the show. Just hard to kill, he dies or is near death and he springs back like nothing happened - kind of like Daniel.

This was a good episode, Teal'c especially did a fantastic job in it, and it was a great wrap up to the season four cliffhanger. Re-watching it you can now see hints in the way Teal'c is talking to SG1 when he's on the cargo ship, that all isn't right.
                            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                              Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                              He really wasn't that interesting was he? Especially considering how long he was used on the show. Just hard to kill, he dies or is near death and he springs back like nothing happened - kind of like Daniel.
                              Even though Apophis wasn't extremely interesting (I prefer Ba'al to be honest), I think his role and resurrections play a pivotal role throughout these first few seasons because of his (former) relationship with Teal'c. He's had his evil moments (abducting Sgt Kettering, implanting and subsequently impregnating Sha're and trying to torture SG-1 on Netu etc) but because he never seems to die for real and has been here for four years in the end you only think 'Oh not again' or 'when will he finally die?!' and his earlier work gets overlooked.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                When Teal'c hits Jack in the face, Chris actually hit RDA because he didn't stop fast enough. He stop fast enough during the other takes, but not for this take.
                                Ouch! Reminds me of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie's co-appearences on various shows where Stephen's character hits Hugh's, and one time he really does hit Hugh! Didn't look as painful as this scene though, poor RDA!

(BTW, I'm having a problem getting LiveJournal to work at the moment. I hope it doesn't last all day... )
                                Edit: Ah good, LJ's back up. My post
                                Last edited by Jae'a; 02 December 2011, 10:00 AM.
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X