Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Enemies (501)

Default Re: Enemies (501)

Wow, season five already! Great start.

The one time having a ship infested with Replicators turns out to an advantage, they get back to the Milky Way galaxy quickly!

Loved the effect of the Replicators walking around on Apophis' personal sheild!

The acting award goes to Chris J in this episode! He was fantastic as the brain washed Teal'c. The exchange between Jack and Teal'c was so well done, you just don't want to hear Teal'c talk like that!

O'NEILL: ................. Come on, we're friends. Are you trying to tell me you don't remember what's happened these past four years.

TEAL'C: I remember everything. It makes me ill to think I was forced to pretend to be your friend. So many times I saved your life when I wished I could watch you die.

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

And that's the end of Apophis. He wasn't the the most interesting system lord to begin with. But he did get better in the later seasons. Plus he holds a special place for being the one who started it all.

Overall it was a great start to the season. The replicator ship was very cool looking.

The scene with the the replicators chasing the team was great. Very action packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
    And that's the end of Apophis. He wasn't the the most interesting system lord to begin with. But he did get better in the later seasons. Plus he holds a special place for being the one who started it all.
    He really wasn't that interesting was he? Especially considering how long he was used on the show. Just hard to kill, he dies or is near death and he springs back like nothing happened - kind of like Daniel.

This was a good episode, Teal'c especially did a fantastic job in it, and it was a great wrap up to the season four cliffhanger. Re-watching it you can now see hints in the way Teal'c is talking to SG1 when he's on the cargo ship, that all isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormjules View Post
    He really wasn't that interesting was he? Especially considering how long he was used on the show. Just hard to kill, he dies or is near death and he springs back like nothing happened - kind of like Daniel.
    Even though Apophis wasn't extremely interesting (I prefer Ba'al to be honest), I think his role and resurrections play a pivotal role throughout these first few seasons because of his (former) relationship with Teal'c. He's had his evil moments (abducting Sgt Kettering, implanting and subsequently impregnating Sha're and trying to torture SG-1 on Netu etc) but because he never seems to die for real and has been here for four years in the end you only think 'Oh not again' or 'when will he finally die?!' and his earlier work gets overlooked.
    This year's Sam & Jack Secret Santa gifts have to be submitted by December 19.

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. Current WIP: Soldier On (AO3) -> ch 12

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    When Teal'c hits Jack in the face, Chris actually hit RDA because he didn't stop fast enough. He stop fast enough during the other takes, but not for this take.
    Ouch! Reminds me of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie's co-appearences on various shows where Stephen's character hits Hugh's, and one time he really does hit Hugh! Didn't look as painful as this scene though, poor RDA!

(BTW, I'm having a problem getting LiveJournal to work at the moment. I hope it doesn't last all day... )
    Edit: Ah good, LJ's back up. My post
    Last edited by Jae'a; December 2nd, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

I am completely biased as Season 5 is my favorite season of SG1. Exodus was a fantastic epiosde with a griping cliffhanger that when I first say Enemies I said that this would have to be awesome to top the S4 finale. And it was in the truest sense. I found it interesting to see the Goa'uld fight Replicators aka the two main enemies of SG1 for the first 8 seasons. Clearly the Replicators were overmatched for the Goa'uld. It is the more standard of SG1 haveing a set of problems to solve and they try to tackle each one to save the day.

Some people were sad to see Apophis finally die but I think it was time to kill him off for good. The villian had seemed to run his course with antagonizing SG1. He was fun to hate but I think too much longer it would have became a joke that Apophis was still around. What sells is that we have a character element to the action. The Teal'c being brainwashed is nice emotional element to see Sg1 struggle with fighting their own.

Chief Master Sergeant

I didn't like Part 1, Part 2 or Part 3 so basically just bad episodes.

Probie

Not sure if this thread (or forum) is really alive anymore, but I was just wondering about the Greek inscription on Cronus' throne.

????O??? ?????
    ?????? ????
    - ?????? -
    ??????? ????
    ????? ???????
    ?????? ???

The wiki translates it thusly:

Holy Antiochus
    (???) god
    - Cronos -
    (???) (???)
    GRACIOUS EMPEROR
    FEAR CRONUS

I'm pretty sure that's some Google Translate BS. I don't know all the words, but Antiochus was a Greek citizen that I doubt would be named on the throne, and ????? means 'serpent'. I still don't have all the words, but we're looking at something like:

Drive away the serpent,
    King and God
    - Cronos -
    (???) (???)
    Fear Cronos, the gracious emperor.

Life here is random, threads seem to pop up years after the last post, depends what people are doing or if theres rewatches and stuff going on...

Heart Re: Enemies (501)

I loved the previous episode, the ending of season 4. This conclusion was also good, but the story went from really exciting to boring, with the Teal'c story.
    Last edited by Cluas; January 24th, 2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: found out

Staff Sergeant

Stargate Re: Enemies (501)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluas View Post
    I loved the previous episode, the ending of season 4. This conclusion was also good, but the story went from really exciting to boring, with the Teal'c story.
    Maybe just a little boring in part 2 of this one, but overall I think it was good. I liked the space scenes of ep 1 too, where they are in another galaxy. Nice backgrounds and the ships look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gate_Builder View Post
    Maybe just a little boring in part 2 of this one, but overall I think it was good. I liked the space scenes of ep 1 too, where they are in another galaxy. Nice backgrounds and the ships look awesome.
    I agree, perhaps boring was a strong word to use
    Yes the ships (I need a drooling smiley here)

Chief Master Sergeant ChulaksPrincess's Avatar

Daniel: "What's that?"
    Jack: "That, is a big. bug."
    Jack: "Let's not wake it up."

The fearful Colonel is so funny.

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Dori

Practical as well.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Chief Master Sergeant ChulaksPrincess's Avatar

Teal'c: "I have never ceased to be in the service of my god."

Did anybody catch the way he said that? It was so evil!

"I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Great start to the season...

Okay, so the replicators are back. Big bug!
    And Teal'c's brainwashed by Apophis into thinking he never left his service. Yes, teal'c you really fooled us all. We'd never have guessed...

So, this really is the end of Apophis, right?

Best scene of all - Daniel, Sam and Jack running through the hallways firing at the bugs. Awesome shot.

Selmac -> "...Commander of this vessel."

Jack's brilliant... you can see him go "Hey, wait a minute, this is my vessel."
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    Dancing Groot courtesy by Britta // The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Chief Master Sergeant StargateMillennium's Avatar

I gotta wonder: whatever happened to the replicators in this galaxy, wherever it is. When Fifth took all the replicators to Milky Way, he could only control the ones in Ida, right? He couldn't have recalled the replicators in this random galaxy too.

Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFh4mIbxyko
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium
    Next Episode: Cloak
    The Millennium Expedition was an experiment to unite the planet so that one day the stargate could become public. That expedition is now in jeopardy from a threat within.