• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deus Ex Machina (119)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON ONE
    DEUS EX MACHINA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 119

Locke's obsession with opening the hatch leads him and Boone to an undiscovered plane crash, and drags up memories of an encounter with his long-lost father.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:36 PM.

Now that's good TV. Finally, we get some sort of development on the island that isn't cryptic remarks and unexplained noises. The flashbacks were amazing too!

Does anyone have a feeling that the island is going to start taking back what it's given everyone? First Locke's legs, and it seems to me that Charlie will have something to do with the heroin (hopefully that won't affect his relationship with Claire ).

And what of poor Boone? When I re-watched the episode I could see his front hadn't actually been ripped open as I first thought, but his injuries still seem pretty severe. With only four episodes left, I'm fearing more and more for my favourite characters!

Did anyone think the plane was a toy plane at first? It looked to me like a radio controlled plane in Locke's dream, and when Locke told Boone to climb up to it, the perspective made it seem to me like Boone could pick it up out of a hedge. No? I suppose that's just me, then.

The reply Boone got on the radio was hard to hear - I checked the transcript, and apparently the voice said
    Spoiler:
    "We're the survivors of flight 815!"
    Dude. That's all I can say.

Comment

Totally good episode, yes thats what the transmition said, isnt it great
      Spoiler:
      you hit the nail on the head with the charlie thing
      best episode of season 1 IMHO
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I haven't seen this yet...but isn't this the name of an SG1 ep too? Ex Dues Machina...?
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

yes it is,i dont know about Hywel but i caught it over on E4 after it was on Channel 4
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

haha!!! Who stole the title from whom?

Comment

lol, its a coincidence i'm sure

Comment

It actually has a meaning you know... or am I just not in on the joke? ...

Yes, I agree this is one of the best episodes of S1. The only ones that were better were Numbers and Walkabout.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                  Did anyone think the plane was a toy plane at first? It looked to me like a radio controlled plane in Locke's dream, and when Locke told Boone to climb up to it, the perspective made it seem to me like Boone could pick it up out of a hedge. No? I suppose that's just me, then.
                  Me too

The reply Boone got on the radio was hard to hear - I checked the transcript, and apparently the voice said
                  Spoiler:
                  "We're the survivors of flight 815!"
                  Dude. That's all I can say.
                  Wow. Thanks for sharing. I thought it said "You're", but if it said "we're" that's another kettle of fish...

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                    It actually has a meaning you know... or am I just not in on the joke? ...
                    lol yes it does have a meaning. its a term stolen from greek theatre and now its used everywhere

im not entirely sure which episode this is, is it the one where we have all those locke flashbacks about his father and the kidney transplant? cos i liked that one
                    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

best episode of the season so far. cant believe what locke's parents did to him. i really felt for him. it probably explains why locke was in a wheelchair.

Comment

Locke eps are awesome. I love VISIONS!!!
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                        X