No announcement yet.

Man of Science, Man of Faith (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he is atleast 50 feet underground, so I would say it is a light source that has been placed behind a windows to make the bunker feel more like a home. The fact that it happened at night backs up that facor even more.
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Spimman]
      Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
      1) Desmond's 'See you in another life' comment - leading me to believe that where they are now is not 'real life', but something else.
      I'm interested to see how this plays out, I can't wait until Wednesday. I made a thread about Desmond so we can exclusivly discuss these issues.
      sigpic

Comment

Hmm... I'm rewatching the premiere. I caught a few things I missed the first time around. Or missed the possible significance of things.

Like Desmond entering the code into the computer. My guess is that he HAS to enter that code once every enter-timeframe-here or else it triggers a response program which unleashes... whatever.

I wonder if this means that the invisible mechasaur "leaked out" or if it's part of something else. The outside security force some have suggested. Or a side effect, like cumulative radiation affecting the local wildlife.

EDIT: And bunk beds. Or at least on extra, unoccupied bed. Hmmm...
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 28 September 2005, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Sweet episode, that's for sure. Certainly answers some questions, but gives us a load more to think about. "See you in another life," when I saw the side of his face, I instantly thought, 'hey, that's Desmond.'

Sweet episode, for sure.
          __

__

Comment

I was like OMG OMG all the way through just amazing
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
              I was so shocked when Desmond was in the hatch, probably because when the show cut to that flashback, I was pissed when it went away from the main story. I don't think that Jack is a pessimist at all, he is a realist. It's just as dangerous to be foolishly optimistic as it is to be foolishly pessimistic. Sometimes miracles happen, but the chances are extremely slim, and 99% of people in similar situations don't have a miracle. If i ever hear that song again that was playing in the hatch I know I am going to get shivers down my spine!

Also, about the numbers I read an interesting post on the ABC message boards.

I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

There is a book Roussau wrote 16 years ago in 1988 when he came up with the theory. Thats where I got it from.
              The only problem with that theory is that its complete jiberish. Not mention that it doesn't take into account that "exactly" every 23 years your dna is procuded again, and you and your twin can be alive at the same time for 42 years, meaning that when the younger one is 23, another one will be made, making 3 of the same person, which would increase the chances of meeting at least one of your "twins". So not only did this Rousseau guy pull numbers from nowhere, he didn't even go into detail and all the possabilities of more than just 2 "twins" at a time.
              Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

That theory has long be reduced to nothing but made up garbage
                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Man, the makers of Lost are elaborate.

Spoilers for people who haven't seen episode 2.03 - Orientation:
                  Spoiler:
                  In the first advert break in England there was an advert for the Hanso Foundation. When I saw that I went nuts.

Comment

I saw that too. Im sure it was also on one of the breaks in channel 4 aswell.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Maybe the hatch wasn't locked from the inside and maybe Quarentine wasn't written on the inside.

Comment

The only problem I had with this eppy is the plotholes like what happens to Locke when Kate was dragged down. Luckily much of this is resolved in episode two.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Well, I watched the repeat of this episode last night (it was my first time watching it). I thought it was pretty interesting, I like that music playing at the beginning of the episode while what's his face was in the hatch (before the Blast happened, and the music ended). I give it a ***.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983 View Post
                            i was wondering that too. what if the island is actually the inside and the hatch is the way out, like a giant biodome, like in "The Truman Show"
                            The Truman Show? What Truman Show? Is there a show called Truman Show?
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

yeah definitely but it in no way compares to LOST or Series 2 (which is the best series of LOST)

this whole thing with THE HATCH was awesome

I have recorded the part in "LOST ON PC" where you get to the HATCH but I can't find it now, here is me on the beach http://www.flickr.com/photos/4119667...in/photostream but THE HATCH was so awesome, I realy loved getting to there in the game

Comment

Working...
                              X