This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 degrees of Stargate (Let's Play)

Lets switch up the six degrees of kevin bacon with a stargate version.

For those of you who do not know you take two stars and try to connect the two through their careers in movies/tv .

Example: Kevin Bacon and Meatloaf

Kevin Bacon was in Footloose with Sarah Jessica Parker who was in sex and the city with Kristin Davis who did a movie name Black Top with Meatloaf. You can do it in less then six but no more then six people total including the 2 you start off with.

I will change it after someone gets it. I will try to change it that day or the following. We can keep point totals for whoever gets it first too. I will check each to confirm.

1st Game

Connect:

Richard Dean Anderson to Jack Nicholson

Have Fun
    Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Oh boy! I got nothing. And damn is this hard
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'll bite:

1. Jack Nicholson was in "A Few Good Men" with Tom Cruise (and Kevin Bacon, hee).
      2. Tom Cruise was in "the Firm" with Gene Hackman.
      3. Gene Hackman was in "the BirdCage" with Robin Williams
      4. Robin Williams was in "Mrs. Doubtfire" with Pierce Brosnan
      5. Pierce Brosnan was in a James Bond movie I forget the name of with Teri Hatcher
      6. Teri Hatcher played Penny Parker on "MacGyver" with Richard Dean Anderson.

Edit: There's a shortcut because Tom Cruise was in Jerry MacGuire with Beau Bridges...who played opposite RDA in a guest appearance on SG1!
      Last edited by Capt. Voronokova; 20 September 2005, 08:56 PM.

Comment

RDA dated Lara Flynn Boyle
        Lara Flynn Boyle dated Jack Nicholson

Comment

OOOOPSS! Sorry...I should have read the rules better.

Comment

Maybe for an extra challenge we could find six degrees between ourselves and the actors on Stargate.
            It would be hard but theres supposedly only six degrees between us and pretty much everyone on earth.
            Andromeda Fate
            Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
            "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
            "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
            "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
            "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
              Maybe for an extra challenge we could find six degrees between ourselves and the actors on Stargate.
              It would be hard but theres supposedly only six degrees between us and pretty much everyone on earth.
              ok between me and RDA:

1) I'm my mom's son lol
              2) My mom met Nichelle Nichols at a ST convention
              3) Nichelle starred in ST with William Shatner
              4) Shatner starred with Patrick Stewart in ST: Generations
              5) Patrick Stewart starred with Marina Sirtus(sp?) in TNG
              6) Marina was in "Watergate" with RDA

Comment

Originally posted by wikeja
                RDA dated Lara Flynn Boyle
                I didn't know that!
                sigpic

Comment

i generally find myself amazed with these games, how many people are linked together through "a few good men". almost all of my connections are done through that film.

Comment

Challenge #2

Connect Teryl Rothery to Lindsey Lohan

CaptVoronkova 1 point
                    Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

Originally posted by GenHammondsBarber
                      Challenge #2

Connect Teryl Rothery to Lindsey Lohan

CaptVoronkova 1 point

Lindsay Lohan was in Mean Girls with Lacey Chabert
                      Who was in Not Another Teen Movie with Jamie Pressley
                      Who was in Joe Dirt with Rosanna Arquette
                      Who was in "I Know What You Did" (t.v. movie) with Teryl Rothery.

Isn't the person who gets it supposed to ask the new one? That's how I've always played. If that's the case, Alexis Cruz to Tom Cruise

Comment

Originally posted by robby
                        If that's the case, Alexis Cruz to Tom Cruise
                        Alexis Cruz guested in an episode of Crime Scene Investigation.
                        An episode of CSI was directed by Quentin Tarantino.
                        Quentin Tarantino directed Pulp Fiction with John Travolta.
                        John Travolta is a Scientologist, as is Tom Cruise.
                        (According to IMDb, they also appeared in a documentary called Junket Whore together.)

Comment

Very cool thread! I always enjoyed the Kevin Bacon version but always got stuck in one place or another. I like this Stargate version - more please.
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
                            That's actually the premise of the game, that you can connect yourself to anyone else within six connections.
                            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Okay, here goes mine

I once worked with Jan Felt who makes occassional guest appearances on the WB show Everwood with Treat Williams
                              Treat Williams was in Deep Sea Rising with Famke Jensen
                              Famke Jensen was in X-Men with Shawn Ashmore
                              Shawn Ashmore was in a Sci-Fi movie called EarthSea in which Amanda Tapping appeared.
                              whoo hoo I did it
                              Andromeda Fate
                              Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                              "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                              "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                              "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                              "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Working...
                              X