X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperdrive speed (Prototype spoiler)

Spoiler for Prototype

Sam said it would take the Prometheus 2 week to reach Planet 584 .

But i don't get it , it takes Daedalus 18 days to reach Pegasus (Episode "Intruder")
    And in S8 "Prometheus unbound" , General Hammond said something about reaching Atlantis in about 2 week or something.

The Asgerd hyperdrive from Thor may not be as fast as the one in Thor's flag ship, i mean Thor's ship can reach Earth from his Galaxy in a bout a minute or two.
    But Prometheus and Daedalus probably has the same type of hyper drive, and how come Prometheus and Daedalus can reach Pegasus Galaxy in about 2 weeks,
    But the time it take Prometheus to reach planet 584 (in Milkyway) almost the same amount of time as reaching Pegasus.

With an Asgard hyperdrive , i would think the X-303 ship can go anywhere within Milkyway and reach destination in about a few hour.

The trip to atlantis was achieved by using a zpm to boost the engines
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Good question...i sense a plothole here
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        When the Deadulas had the ZPM boosting the engines it took four days to get there...
        and with jut the asgard hyperdrives it takes 18 days

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
          When the Deadulas had the ZPM boosting the engines it took four days to get there...
          and with jut the asgard hyperdrives it takes 18 days
          Isn't the Daedalus more efficient as the asgard tech was part of the original design
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

The Daedalus is also bigger

Comment

Isn't the Daedalus more efficient as the asgard tech was part of the original design
              Yeah

Comment

I would guess that it has to do with an insufficient power source to produce a better hyperspace window. That would explain why the deadelus travelled faster with the zpm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                  Good question...i sense a plothole here
                  ALERT! Incoming plot hole! Take immediate evasive action! All personnel, condition Red! Incoming plot hole!

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    ALERT! Incoming plot hole! Take immediate evasive action! All personnel, condition Red! Incoming plot hole!
                    Bear with me here, its an established Sci Fi convention that gravity affects Hyperdrive technology. Opening Hyperspace windows near suns or on planets becomes if not impossible then very difficult requiring ALOT of power. Also the gravity within a solar system causes the ship to travel much slower.

Now we can from this that once a ship leaves a galaxy its Hyperspace drive becomes much faster because there less gravity than inside the galaxy
                    sigpic

Comment

It took 4 days using the ZPM, they only used the ZPM because they were in a hurry to deal with the hive ships. The 18 days was withought the ZPM. They're not going to waste the ZPM on traveling between galaxies. I do however think that the prommies speed was very slow concidering in prommie unbound they were expecting to make it to atlantis in 1 month.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                        Spoiler for Prototype

Sam said it would take the Prometheus 2 week to reach Planet 584 .

But i don't get it , it takes Daedalus 18 days to reach Pegasus (Episode "Intruder")
                        And in S8 "Prometheus unbound" , General Hammond said something about reaching Atlantis in about 2 week or something.

The Asgerd hyperdrive from Thor may not be as fast as the one in Thor's flag ship, i mean Thor's ship can reach Earth from his Galaxy in a bout a minute or two.
                        But Prometheus and Daedalus probably has the same type of hyper drive, and how come Prometheus and Daedalus can reach Pegasus Galaxy in about 2 weeks,
                        But the time it take Prometheus to reach planet 584 (in Milkyway) almost the same amount of time as reaching Pegasus.

With an Asgard hyperdrive , i would think the X-303 ship can go anywhere within Milkyway and reach destination in about a few hour.

no 2 months

Comment

prommie still prolly uses the naquadria generater that's why too

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                            Bear with me here, its an established Sci Fi convention that gravity affects Hyperdrive technology. Opening Hyperspace windows near suns or on planets becomes if not impossible then very difficult requiring ALOT of power. Also the gravity within a solar system causes the ship to travel much slower.

Now we can from this that once a ship leaves a galaxy its Hyperspace drive becomes much faster because there less gravity than inside the galaxy
                            yes that would make a whole lotta sense cuz they said that they were going near a blackhole.

Comment

also gotta remember we are relativly close to the edge of our galaxy, so if u left earth u would hit open space almost right away while to get anywhere in our own galaxy it would be a maze of gravity, black holes and who knows what other things that may effect the speed of hyperspace.

so u maybe be able to leave and go to another galaxy quicker then somewhere that is phsyicaly closer. lets say there is less traffic of the intergalactic highway then on the back streets of the milkyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X