Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, the difference between travel within the Milky Way and between galaxies is like the difference between a neighborhood street and the Autobahn. You can't go to fast in a neighborhood, there's obstacles, crosstraffic, stops, ect. Get on the Autobahn, and you can go as fast as you can.

In 'Intruder', someone said that they were on the edge of the Pegasus galaxy, and a day away from Atlantis. Now, they had covered three million lightyears of void in under three weeks, why else would it take a day to go something less than four thousand? It probably takes several days to get out of the Milky Way (I've read that our solar system is pretty well situated in the center of the galactic arm), and once out they can really crank up the hyperdrive.

a time to mourn

Comment

I dunno about it being faster to use hyperspace while traveling through a galaxy than between. Sure, between galaxies there aren't really any objects, but matter travelling through hyperspace doesn't interact with matter in normal space. However, as someone mentioned above, gravitational effects may have to be taken into consideration, so maybe it IS faster to travel in the space between galaxies where these effects are minimized.

But I just like to think that the Daedalus is faster than the Prometheus.

Comment

The hyperdrive on the Prometheus was designed by the Asgard for us to use, which in my mind means they dumbed it down for us. Asgard crap is golden to us (comparatively) brain-dead Terrans. The hyperdrive on the Daedalus was designed by the Asgard for us to use with the assistance of an Asgard crewmember, which says to me that it is much more advanced. They kinda say this in "The Intruder," but not quite as suscinctly.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

We still don't know which Pegasus Atlantis is in, the one that's 2.5 million lightyears away or the one that's 500,000 lightyears away.

Comment

there are 2 egasus galaxies?

and didn't they say in rising, pegasus is a galaxy in out local group. so prob the 500,000 light year one

Comment

Working...
            X