Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if We Can't Beat the Ori? (Speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if We Can't Beat the Ori? (Speculation)

I'm going to repost this from another thread, hope you all don't mind:

Originally posted by Hybridbabe
    You have to think about it: what if we DON'T repel the Ori? What if the weapon Sam created in 4th Horseman only affects the Ori and the Priors ONCE before they adapt to it (a la Replicator?)? What if Sam is WRONG, and the weapon does nothing?

Or what if it all ends in a draw: we repel them, but now they know we're here, and they can force their way back into our galaxy?

How do you beat an opponant that you can't defeat?

There's a LOT on the line here. it's not just Goa'uld dopplegangers here: the goa'uld were "mortal", meaning they were corporeal beings ON THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE. What if we CAN'T fight the Ori because of how advanced they are? What if there's no way we can beat them because we're not that advanced yet?

Even Anubis, a HALF ascended being, could fight to a draw with a fully ascended one (Remember Oma?). They're locked in battle with each other for, possibly ETERNITY. What could we, as "devolved" as we are, do to people who could literally kill us just by thinking about it?

And yes, i know, in Prototype, we defeated Anubis's clone. but then again, Khalek wasn't that powerful yet: he was still corporeal, he wasn't to the point where he could ascend yet. He was still tied to this plane, and therefore, easier to beat.

But what if we can't beat these Ori?
    Where would the series go if the Ori prove to be more formidable than we thought? What do you think would happen?

And yeah, I know, "The heroes always save the day", and Gaters love that mentality: that SG-1 can kick bad guy butt, put them in their place, and be the heroes. But bear with me for a moment.

What if Sg-1 can't do it? What if the Ori kick our butts?

very good point youve raised, mabey there will be a cross over to atlantis and the "stumble" on the key to defeat the ori while looking in the ancient database for somthing.

Comment

The Ori can't attack us personally, right? Our Ancients will protect us from evils on their plane of existence. We only have to fight the priors, who are only human. Evolutionarily advanced, yes, but they are mortal. Naturally, this war will continue for a long time because the Ori won't just give up, as it did take us eight years to defeat the Goa'uld. To ultimately defeat them, we don't have the powers yet, but that's what future seasons are for.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Well, there really wouldnt be much to the show then, it would just be a BSG clone and would likely be cancelled so we would never know the answer.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well, if we couldn't defeat them, they would surely come to Earth, and we would have to evacuate to Pegaseus and move our military assets there. There we could research the Atlantis database and try to find a solution, so we could go back and defeat them. If that wasn't the case, we hide as best we can and fight when necessary. That would make for a good story too.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
            The Ori can't attack us personally, right? Our Ancients will protect us from evils on their plane of existence. We only have to fight the priors, who are only human. Evolutionarily advanced, yes, but they are mortal. Naturally, this war will continue for a long time because the Ori won't just give up, as it did take us eight years to defeat the Goa'uld. To ultimately defeat them, we don't have the powers yet, but that's what future seasons are for.
            I have a feeling the Ancients won't do a damned thing, because they have this rule of "not interfering with other species". The Ori attacking us could be construed to fit that unwritten law. Technically, the Ori would be another "race/culture" attacking another "race/culture". The only ones who would probably do anything about it is renagades like Orlin, who can try and aid one race but forfeit their rights to ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              very good point youve raised, maybe there will be a crossover to atlantis and the "stumble" on the key to defeat the ori while looking in the ancient database for somthing.
              The Ancient database is very useful for anything Who knows we could find a way to destroy a galaxy in the database, and wipe most of the Ori out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hybridbabe
                I have a feeling the Ancients won't do a damned thing, because they have this rule of "not interfering with other species". The Ori attacking us could be construed to fit that unwritten law. Technically, the Ori would be another "race/culture" attacking another "race/culture". The only ones who would probably do anything about it is renagades like Orlin, who can try and aid one race but forfeit their rights to ascension.
                The Ancients won't interfere in matters below their plane of existence. For this reason, we don't have any protection from the priors. The Ori, however, are ascended beings like the Ancients, so they will interfere.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Yeah, didn't that guy from Origin say that the Ancient's have shielded us for too long? THat seems to indicate that they don't interfere at our level but keep us otherwise safe. Personally, I don't think we'll beat them, but just have a treaty with them. Sorta like the Goa'uld and Asgard. They don't really fight us and we don't really fight them, you just can't attack protected places. The ones to insure this would be the Ancients.

Still, I don't think there's any real chance of them changing their minds for the firs time in 10,000 years, possibly longer because they left the Orii long before that.
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

If sg-1 doesn't end up "beating" the Ori, I think we will at least strike them a blow. Maybe weaken them in some way.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

there could go to the alpha site the ori might not know where that planet is so it might be safe to come up with a solution
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've heard this arguement before, and I have to agree with it: The Orii may not be beatable in the conventional sense. I personally think that this might be the one point where TPTB cannot keep the Stargate storyline isolated from the rest of the world. Already, there is a fictional President in the White House, and the writers have scraped by the disclosure arguement whenever a ship blows up in orbit.

The best way to define the Orii's power is by their worshippers and their living connections to the physical world, and through their idea, Origin. An idea is the hardest thing to kill in this world . To destroy Origin would mean ERASING it from history; so far, noone has ever completely erased an idea.

The only way to erase Origin is to wage complete and total holy war against the Orii. The Orii have a Crusade, then we make our own crusade against them. Mobilize every Jaffa, Tok'Ra, Asgard, and our own Earth military units, and send them to the Orii galaxy. This would mean complete and utter unity and disclosure, to both the galaxy and to our own planet. Using this massive fleet, exterminate every single follower of Origin who does not de-convert- every single human being who has ever heard a word of Origin and believed it. Destroy the Orii Priory, and scorch the 'City of the Gods' to the ground (If it exists). Destroy every single Orii follower that they might be able to connect to this world with, and burn every last Book of Origin. Erase them; chisel the word "Orii" off of every temple, and blow up every monument to them. Then, destroy their Gate network, and keep their galaxy off-limits forever, in case they still hold some celetial laws over the physical realm there.

Then, we can talk about what happens when some theology or history student in the far future finds a forgotten Book of Origin, and the Orii once again find a following through which to affect the physical universe. Once we have waged complete and total holy war against the Orii, the idea will be dead, and the Orii will be defeated.

That's what it will take to beat them, worst-case scenario.
                        Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

I think it would be awesome to see the Ori become uber dominant, and have a few people(SG-1, SGC, a few civilians) who haven't become Necromongers- er Origin followers, fight the idea and slowly win. We've already lost the Season 1 feel, even though its still great. And yeah, it would be a BSG clone, but I don't really watch BSG. Stargate is much more fictional than before, but whatever route they take I will probably be watching it.
                          Going back to the Necromongers comment, I'm suprised I haven't heard a Chronicles of Riddick Necromonger comparison to Ori.
                          Necromongers- Convert or die, we will take you to the Underverse.
                          Ori- Convert or die, we will take you to the Ascended Plane.
                          Mitchell's Grandmama- God is good.
                          Last edited by Johnquixote; 18 September 2005, 06:55 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                            I think it would be awesome to see the Ori become uber dominant, and have a few people(SG-1, SGC, a few civilians) who haven't become Necromongers- er Origin followers, fight the idea and slowly win. We've already lost the Season 1 feel, even though its still great. And yeah, it would be a BSG clone, but I don't really watch BSG. Stargate is much more fictional than before, but whatever route they take I will probably be watching it.
                            Going back to the Necromongers comment, I'm suprised I haven't heard a Chronicles of Riddick Necromonger comparison to Ori.
                            Necromongers- Convert or die, we will take you to the Underverse.
                            Ori- Convert or die, we will take you to the Ascended Plane.
                            Mitchell's Grandmama- God is good.
                            I always thought Lord Marshal was just a goa'uld with a fancy time\dimension dialation gaget hooked to his hand device.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I don't think it's a question of whether or not we will beat the Ori. It's a matter of when. Just think how long it took SG-1 to defeat the Gao'uld - 8 seasons! It's inevitable that we will find a weakness and exploit it. Let's just hope the writers can things interesting in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                              X