This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Stargate SG1 have a season 10?

Will Skiffy renew Stargate-SG1 & hurt Battlestar Galactica............

The Scifi Channel has three shows on Friday night, none of them cannot break out of the 2.1 to 1.9 rating box. Battlestar Galactica is a NBC/USA/Scifi owned show, still it costs over one million per episode to produce. This story from a Battlestar Galactica suck-up site http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2017 got me wondering if Stargate-SG1 will see a season 10?

I am relatively sure that Skiffy will have a show called Stargate SG-1 on their schedule. The question is will it be the real Stargate SG-1 or some Skiffy knock off that will try to up the ratings only to fail miserably with idiotic Skiffy formula?
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

i think its extreamely likely, i dont know about the economics of braotcasting but i think that the rating have been good, the show is good, and they wouldnt have created a whole new universe for nothing; they spent 800k on a village, they rnt going to pack it away after on season, given that they used 1 hatak corridoor set for 5 series!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

I think we'll see a sg-1 season 10. And I couldn't be happier. So far, I've really enjoyed season 9, and think we still have a lot of great episodes ahead of us. I like the developing Ori storyline, and think it could have the potential to propel this show for a few more seasons. As long as the stories remain smart and entertaining, I hope sg-1 is around.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sg-1 might not have a season ten(probably will), but at least Atlantis will almost definately have a season 3.
          everyone loves magical trevor

Comment

God I hope so.
            Then we'll have a 200th episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmatter
              I honestly think the decision is as much MGM's, if not more so, than SciFi.

Only the accountants can work this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmatter

The Scifi Channel has three shows on Friday night, none of them cannot break out of the 2.1 to 1.9 rating box. Battlestar Galactica is a NBC/USA/Scifi owned show, still it costs over one million per episode to produce. This story from a Battlestar Galactica suck-up site http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2017 got me wondering if Stargate-SG1 will see a season 10?
                Here to nitpick a little...sorry, but I tend to live or die by factual information. Especially since Morjana goes to such trouble to post it over here on the board on a regular basis.

Technically, both BSG and SGA have broken out of that 2.1 to 1.9 box you're referring to. BSG has scored a 2.6 for one Friday night and SGA has scored a 2.2 on two different Friday nights. That's why, even though it's still close between all three shows, SG1 is in third place to BSG and SGA, respectively. (BSG=16.7 Cum to date, 2.09 Avg., SGA=16.2 Cum, 2.03 Avg., SG1=16 Cum, 2.0 Avg.)

Not a big deal really. I just hate to see people argue with flawed info.

Anyway, I truly doubt that SG1 will not see a season 10. It's sad when you consider that shows on other channels get dumped, and get dumped quickly, for earning numbers that are twice these amounts, but these three shows are the only hope Skiffy has for attracting more than their usual core audience. (Those of us who can remember when Skiffy was built around reruns of "Friday the 13th: the Series" and the original "Kolchak the Nightstalker" more than a decade ago.) I can't see them letting go of any one of them, and even though I only watch SGA and BSG, I think if they were to cancel SG1 now, while it still pulls in the ratings needed to keep it in Skiffy's top three or four shows, they'd be stupid.

Not that they haven't been stupid before...
                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                  I honestly think the decision is as much MGM's, if not more so, than SciFi.

Only the accountants can work this one out.

I have to agree with this (a first).

Comment

I think the chances are pretty good. The ratings have been fairly solid. I know I'd certainly like to see a S10.

Comment

If they do, *waits for rumbling thunder* I hope they bring Patrick Currie back...somehow...I need reassurance this is still Stargate SG1.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I don’t see how you think that if SG-1 gets a 10th season that it will harm BSG? If a fan wants to watch BSG what is on before hand should not effect their choice to watch it or not.

Comment

I think they''l make a 10th season (looks like it) ratings are still very good. As for Atlantis I am sure about it. As for BSG sure !! (Haven't seen BSG but waiting to get the first season on DVD)
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

I can def see season 10 happening. I think the the storyline in seaon 9 has been good so far. I really can't see it hurting the ratings of BSG.

Comment

What ever happens you will all most likley here it here on Gateworld first!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X