This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin-off

Who would like to see a new Stargate Spin off? We have Infinity, which is terrible. We have Atlantis, which has the potential to be even better than SG-1. What would your new Spin off be called, what would it be about and who would star in it?

PS how do i start a poll on here?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Go to new thread and underneath submit post it has add poll.
    In my opinion its too early for another spin off. Weve already got two to ad another would ruin the show.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Starting a new one would spread the writers too thin. Season 8 suffered because they worked hard on Atlantis, but I think during S 9/2 they got it right. I don't want to see what would happen if we threw in a third. We wouldn't get it exactly at the right lagrangian point and could throw off the whole system.

Comment

Yea sure, a third and fourth and a fifth spin-off! Let's ruin the show and make a bunch of copies. I know I wouldnt be a fan any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          Yea sure, a third and fourth and a fifth spin-off! Let's ruin the show and make a bunch of copies. I know I wouldnt be a fan any longer.
          I think thats kind of unfair, I mean if they magically pull out one or two more shows without screwing over the other two, then more power too em, I just think its impossible to do so...

Comment

I think we're fine with two at the moment. If you had three new fans would wonder what was the original and you wouldnt want them not to notice SG1.
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Just don't make the same mistakes that in the end killed star trek, over saturation of the viewers and writers.

Comment

Nah. that would ruin everything. I would like to see more crossovers between the shows to show that they are not that far apart.

But talking about Stargate Infinity.
                Why do they ALWAYS come sprinting out of the stargate. Ever heard of walking? I would love to see a huge Concrete wall on the other side of the gate. Now that would be funny.
                sigpic

Comment

What is Infiniaty? Ive never heard of it, only Horizen.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo
                    What is Infiniaty? Ive never heard of it, only Horizen.
                    Its a Stargate cartoon, it was cancelled during the first season i think
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                      Its a Stargate cartoon, it was cancelled during the first season i think
                      They should find all copies of it and burn them... or lock them up it the Star Wars Ewok Christmass special so as never, ever to be seen again.... ever.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Stargate is mostly based on Myth and lost civilizations like Atlantis. They took quite a while to lead up to Stargate: Atlantis too. If they were to introduce a Third series (second spinoff) it would become extremely confusing because of the complexities of each series, not to mention it will most likely be boring.

If they did introduce a third series, it would sort of be like CSI. The original CSI is the best just like SG-1. CSI Miami rivals CSI as Atlantis rivals SG-1. However CSI: New York may have all the best tech but the storyline and setting is really boring.

Also if a third series was introduced, the Stargate program would have to be told to the public because too many people are involved in SG-1 and Atlantis already that we'd be running out of the best scientists and military and what-not.

However, if they did introduce a new series, it would be in a few years when Atlantis is more or less into its 4/5th season and SG-1 is into its 12/13th season. Because Stargate relates to myth and old/lost civilizations, I think Stargate: Mesopotamia could be a new series. My reasons:
                        1) Although the name is long, it has potential for us to learn of the the civilization itself.
                        2) Mesopotamia was lost in a flood created by the gods but water evaporates.
                        3) The Gods could be the Ancients and Mesopotamia could have been an outpost like the one on Taonas but it would be a fairly big outpost.
                        4) Atlantis is the Ancients' main capital city. We've seen outposts but we've never actually explored one in detail. Mesopotamia was a civilization but it has potential to be one of the Ancients' larger Outposts.
                        5) We know the Ancients came from another Galaxy but we don't exactly know why the left. If they came from Mesopotamia, they were the survivors of the Mesopotamians and because they lost their civilization, they decided to create a new civilization and call themselves the Alterans. SG: Mesopotamia could be set in the Alteran's Home Galaxy.
                        6) It gives us reason as to why the Ancients, when they learned to ascend, made the rule "NEVER INTERFERE" because they lost their civilizations twice- once in their home galaxy and another in the Pegasus by the Wraith.
                        7) It would allow the Atlantis Expedition Team to discover the Alteran's true Origin from the Ancients' Database. Then SG-1 wouldn't have to help. However, they would have to tell Earth about it.
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I think they could get away with another spin off <not that I want them too> by doing stories about the new international teams from Russia and China and Brittain. I know that Atlantis has that but I mean a show about them beginning to explore on their own. But I agree that it would be less exciting and probably not go very far. If you want to see a show that did to many series at once without much consideration for the illeffects, look at what they did to star trek with Enterprise and Voyager.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I think we are good with the two we have right now. However, as long as good stories exist to be told, I hope stargate will be around in one incarnation or another for a long time to come.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think they should definitely make another series. It would be great to keep expanding the Stargate universe. That said, they shouldn't start it until one or both current Stargate series are finished. Otherwise the writers will be spread thin, the continuity will be more confusing, and we'll all have so much Stargate that we'll get sick of it and stop watching entirely.

Comment

Working...
                              X