No announcement yet.

2010 (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate realities give me the heebies! But this episode gave us nice photos.

sigpic

Comment

^ this is true

They kept mentioning in the commentary how wonderful the actors looked in this ep. They all looked "dynamite" with the sort-of-futuristic styling complementing their natural beauty, and I definitely agree. This episode could be one of my favorite due to aesthetics alone.

I really wish Daniel could wear his 2010 glasses in the regular timeline. They're not even futuristic, just sleeker and... more attractive.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I was actually surprised he even needed them. You would have thought that part of the whole medical stuff given over was means to make glasses/contact lenses not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          I was actually surprised he even needed them. You would have thought that part of the whole medical stuff given over was means to make glasses/contact lenses not needed.
          I guess Daniel just isn't Daniel without them.
          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Maybe he was wearing them for show, with normal glasses instead of correcting ones. It's a fashion thing.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd be OK with that. He looks sexy.
              rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                I think that timeline literally disappeared.
                But it couldn't have, because there had to be a timeline where they didn't find out about the sterilization. And one in which Jack refused to help. And one in which Joe refused to help. And one in which Walter turned them in. And one in which...

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  But it couldn't have, because there had to be a timeline where they didn't find out about the sterilization. And one in which Jack refused to help. And one in which Joe refused to help. And one in which Walter turned them in. And one in which...

Seaboe
                  In alternate realities? Yeah. But the events of this specific timeline that actually did happen were negated by their actions. I take that to mean it didn't branch off to become an alternate universe, although who knows what really happened. I'm sure there are different theories about new universes being created after changing something in the past, and there still exists the possibility of everything being linear time-wise.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure the directors' implication in the commentary was that these events were just negated, and everything that had happened after the note was received in the past was effectively destroyed. In an effect preceding cause kind of way, those events did happen in the future of "our" SG-1's universe, but they also no longer exist, allowing for the same universe to turn out differently.

...Time travel drives me nuts.
                  rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
                    According to the many-worlds interpretation that is what would happen

Comment

...Time travel drives me nuts.
                      It's wibbly-wobbly at best.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        It's wibbly-wobbly at best.
                        If the Aschen/Earth alliance timeline still exists as an alternate reality, 2010 just became even more depressing than before. D:

Strange that it's still one of my favorite episodes. The atmosphere makes it more action-oriented and somewhat lighthearted than it probably should be for an Earth facing its doom and nearly all the main characters dying.

ETA: I forgot to mention that since this is all purely theoretical - and none of the characters, as far as I can remember, ever state a specific theory in speculation of what would happen - I'm going to hope that all of this did take place in one universe. It actually gives some meaning to "undoing events," as Sam says, and getting the chance to start over. We could guess and argue about this forever, but no one knows the actual answer to something like this.

I do wish I could hear some thoughts from the writers, though.
                        Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 29 April 2015, 02:36 PM.
                        rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

That would be sweet. Heck i would have loved to see a follow on ep say in S7-8 where they DID revisit the Ashen threat.

Comment

If the Aschen/Earth alliance timeline still exists as an alternate reality, 2010 just became even more depressing than before. D:

Strange that it's still one of my favorite episodes.
                            Same here.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I really like this episode, but that plan was daft.

They left the fate of the entire future of humanity to a handwritten note. A note with absolutely no details as to the threat.

And just as daft is that it worked.

At least the episode really happened though, and it wasn't just the characters hooked up to a dream machine or trapped in a holodeck.

Comment

Brad pointed out in something I heard or read that this is a time travel episode where the only thing that travels through time is the note.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X