This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Openning Credits

Does anyone know where we can view the new credits that will air with the second halves of SG-1 and Atlantis this year? The article said they were already in place for other countries. Thanks.

Here's what I've heard: Atlantis, currently airing in Canada, is the only one with new credits right now. The UK will catch SG-1's credits in October, when they start Season Nine. I think everyone else will follow after that.

Comment

Oh.. ok. Thanks for the info. The new Atlantis ones look pretty nice. Not sure about some of the editting, but at least a full-length. Can't wait to see the SG-1 ones.

Comment

I actually like the quick credits, its probably not that great for the show in general since newcomers probably like seeing the opening credits with nice action etc.. but for a long time follower like me I dont really need to see them anymore, its better to get straight to the ep.
        Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
        Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
        Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
        Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
        Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Not me. I've been watching Stargate for years and I still enjoy watching the opening credits. Even the big pharoah mask was ok, since we got to hear Goldsmith's theme over it. The theme songs really get me excited for the show, as opposed to the current intros, which usually just prompt me to get up and do something else until the show comes back from commercials.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

The opening credits are apart of what stargate is and we need them.

Thankfully since i live in Ireland i dont have to see the 10sec opening credits
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Not me. I've been watching Stargate for years and I still enjoy watching the opening credits.
              Yeah, me too. It depends on my mood. Sometimes, I fast forward through them, but not always. Sometimes, you just want that wonderful introduction of music and clips to draw you in, no matter how many times you've seen an episode.

With the ten second intros I miss that wonderful sweeping theme. I also find that they propell me far too quickly from the teaser into the main story. Part of the effect of full length credits is to give me time to absorb what just happened in the teaser and build a sense of excitement about what happens next. If it just goes wham bam, teaser, show, I miss all of that.

I, for one, can't wait to see the 'proper' credits in October.

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I love the opening credits. I feel they are vital to stargate. For me, they always psyche me up for the episode.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  Yeah, me too. It depends on my mood. Sometimes, I fast forward through them, but not always. Sometimes, you just want that wonderful introduction of music and clips to draw you in, no matter how many times you've seen an episode.

With the ten second intros I miss that wonderful sweeping theme. I also find that they propell me far too quickly from the teaser into the main story. Part of the effect of full length credits is to give me time to absorb what just happened in the teaser and build a sense of excitement about what happens next. If it just goes wham bam, teaser, show, I miss all of that.

I, for one, can't wait to see the 'proper' credits in October.

Albion
                  Well, I was going to say that, but you expressed it much better, so I'll just agree.

Comment

I miss last seasons theme music during the opening and hope that when the new credits role next January I hope they will be worth the wait!
                    The 10 second opening is so quick and feels like its the series last to me?
                    Besides that I have no complants about the new season!

Take Care

Lowell

Comment

I just miss hearing the full theme song, because it rocks so hard.
                      I just hope the full credits won't be so Mitchell-Oriented, like the Season 1-5 was for O'Neill (I loved that intro sequence, but seeing it done like that for someone else will just be too weird).
                      But yeah, I just want to hear the theme music some more, because it's really really good.
                      why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Stargate isnt stargate without its theme tune and its opening credits.
                        As long as its the way it should be i dont mind how orientated it should be. The problem is they will have to include snippets from episodes in this season if they wanted to include clips of Mitchell and Landry in the credits and people may complain about it being too spoilerish. This is probably the reason why they were shortened in the first place.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                        X