Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

I know these are two different levels between shows but if they were to be combined and had a all out battle against...for example: U.S.S. Defiant or any of the Battle class starships (That I mind you, using Quantum torpedoes) against A Gou'uld mothership and also ships from Asgard, Wraith, Ori

Who would ultimately win in a skirmish battle?

Havent seen the Ori ships so dont know.
    Wraith would be defeated by the Star Trek ships.
    Asgard would defeat the Star Trek ships
    Goa'uld would be fairly even but they have fighters so it would be advanage Goa'uld.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ori don't know.
      Wraith lose
      Asguard would probably win
      Goa'uld lose
      sigpic

Comment

The Borg (before Voyager turned them into a joke) would certainly be a formidable enemy. They have the ability to adapt themselves, like the Replicators, and seek out more advanced technology, like the Replicators, but by assimilating individuals into their collective they become even more threatening. (Wait, wait, didn't the Replicators do something along those lines to Carter in New Order, except that the experiences et al came from the RepliCarter? Maybe there's a pattern. )

Comment

How come no-one mentioned the ancients???(maybe cause star trek is just no mach for the ancients) anyway....

Ancients Vs Star Trek = Need i answer this
          Earth ships Vs Star Trek = hmmm, id have to go with startrek
          Goa'uld Vs Star Trek = This is a hard one
          Wraith Vs Star Trek = Wraith
          Ori Vs Star Trek = Pending
          Asgard Vs Star Trek = phffft... the asgard would kick startreks ass ANYDAY
          Tollan Vs Star Trek = Tollan
          Nox Vs Star Trek = Star Trek because the nox wouldnt fight, and if they fought the NOX would kick Star trek to death muhahahaha
          Foothold Aliens Vs Star Trek = even

LOL , you might have noticed that i added more alien races into this to..... well just to give this thread more variety
          Last edited by Eoin; 08 September 2005, 04:33 PM.
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Even though I am I star Trek fan, this is an honest answer, considering time of development and such. Assuming this is all one on one...

Ancients Vs Star Trek = Duh, Ancient
            Earth ships Vs Star Trek = Star Trek
            Goa'uld Vs Star Trek = Star Trek, think Sovereign and Defiant class ships
            Wraith Vs Star Trek = Star Trek. Once again, Defiant class ships
            Asgard Vs Star Trek = Asgard any day of the week.
            Tollan Vs Star Trek = Hmm.... I'd say about even.
            Nox Vs Star Trek = Nox. I mean, they're one of the great races. THat's gotta count for something.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

i think the star trek ships would be slaughtered, hands down. in stargate the shields are a lot better, in star trek the ships get rocked even with the shields up. also startrek doesnt have fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                Think about what the Ori are, first.

Spoiler:
                The Ori vessels were built by the followers of the Ori. These followers were given detailed knowledge of the universe to build these ships. This is knowledge that even the Ancients didn't have. Their ships should be the most powerful things ever.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Think about what the Ori are, first.

Spoiler:
                  The Ori vessels were built by the followers of the Ori. These followers were given detailed knowledge of the universe to build these ships. This is knowledge that even the Ancients didn't have. Their ships should be the most powerful things ever.
                  but as usual we'l find a weakness and destroy all of them
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Any SG race with the technological level of the Goa'uld can beat the average Star Trek race (Klingons, Romulans, Federation, etc.).

Comment

I don't know about destroying them, but maybe banning them from our galaxy at least. Anyway, I only said that because for all i know, the Orii ships might not be that strong.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                        The Borg before Voyager turned them into a joke
                        i agree Voyager made them so week like it was taking on a Class 5 Attack Cube.

and i would have to say

and the Borg from TNG would have Killed anything

Now if the Scimitar wasn't destroyed it would have Killed anything they could fire through there cloak

Earth vs. Trek - Trek
                        Goa'uld vs Trek - Trek
                        Ancients vs Trek – Obvouisly Ancients
                        AsGard vs Trek - to close to call
                        Warith vs Trek - Trek
                        Ori vs Trek - The jury is still in Dilberation
                        Last edited by Jeffer; 08 September 2005, 07:22 PM.
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the Star Trek ships would take on anyone except for the Ancients and Asgard.

The Ori would be one nice fight to watch but I believe Star Trek would come out on top.

Comment

I'm a noob to Stargate but I am a trekkie, but I think something hasn't been said. Ships in Star Trek are limited to the Milky Way Galaxy. The only time any ship in Star Trek has ever left the galaxy was in the fifth movie, and the galatic barrier did damage the Enterprise. I can't remember off the top of my head hearing a Goa'uld ship traveling accross galaxies, but they did make a deal with the Asgard, so they are at least capable of figuring out what happens in other galaxies. But the Asgard, Replicators, Ori, and the Prometheus and the Daedalus all have the capability to travel to different galaxies. That has to count for something.

Comment

Great.

Compare ships from different sets of fiction with hypothesized rules of physics, diferent ways of moving FTL, different histories of earth, and different origins of the species in a paint to paint. There have been a few threads that actually asked particularly clever specific questions in this regard, but in general... WHY?

Why not ask who would win, Frankenstein's Monster or "Steve" the Wraith in a cage match? Or how about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland vs. "The Keeper" Wraith in a diva catfight? When push comes to shove, those comparisons aren't any less inane.

Not that this will stop the usual fanwanking, but maybe somebody will ask the more interesting questions of "Which concept of FTL is more interesting?" "Which show has the more realistic space weapons?" or even "What vessel do YOU think futue spacecraft might be like?"

Those are good scifi questions!

Comment

Working...
                              X