No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ep, great to see how Ford is doing and learn how the team is going to take over a Hive ship.

-Really loving Ford now; the writers have done a great job setting him up as an unknown. Is he friend or foe? Innocent or ruthless?

-Are the long wraith guns new? They're sweet.

-I noticed that this midseason cliffhanger is much like last season's Storm; lots of planning and getting ready but minimal action until the very end. If the similarities continue, one would assume we're getting plenty of action in Hive...

-The hostage scenario is getting old. McKay continually being asked to fix things while being a hostage is also getting old.

-Shep told Ford that he had seen both Ford's cousin and grandparents back on Earth (presumably during Intruder), but we never saw Shep with the grandparents. Missing scene or was Shep lying to Ford?

-Weir...didn't have much to do. Again. Bummer.

-Second bummer that the blond scientist died (Jana? Jasa?). He had a red shirt feel to him from the start, but I was hoping otherwise...

-OMG, another season finale where Shep is on the brink of death!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
      Weir should have pounced on him when he didn't want to go after Sheppard's team, and then she kept acting weird in his presence.
      Well, personally, I think Lorne was right. If we the viewers hadn't known what was up, I'd probably have been inclined to think they'd gotten caught up in something and didn't bother to report in, either. I think he was just reflecting Atlantis's general attitude towards Shep's team. He did agree in the end, as I'm sure Weir knew he would. That's why she waited him out. Classic tactic. I didn't see anything "weird" about it, except maybe her worrying in the first place. It's starting to kind of grate how much she panics whenever anything happens to Sheppard. Or when she THINKS something has happened to him.

Maybe if I could see her exhibiting the same level of worry over someone else- a non-major character such as Zelenka or Carson or even Lorne himself... or someone we don't even know- I'd feel a bit better over it. But as it is, it's starting to come off a little unnatural to me. Yeah, they're the premiere team and uber important and all and she does care about her people, but take it down a notch or five. Lorne was right about that, too.

I'll let you have Lorne if I can have McKay. Just protect me from McKay's Girl.
      Pfft. Nope. I can protect McKay juuust fine. And still have Lorne all to myself.

EDIT: Oh yes, and a better sense of time would have helped one hell of a lot. Has Shep's team been gone for days? Weeks? Months??

Comment

Good, solid episode.

Good to see Ford again. I really hurt for the guy. Addicted to drugs, lonely, wanting to prove himself. Btw. .its going to be interesting to see Ronon and Teyla get back to Atlantis and have withdrawal problems - if TPTB show it.

McKay was McKay, but - hey, he repaired a dart! I didn't find him overly angry, just incredibly scared.

Ronon and Teyla eating salad and engaging in foreplay. . er, ah. . fighting, yep, they were FIGHTING. We never see Teyla laugh, but Ronon brought it out (or was it the drugs). Anyway, thanks to TPTB who created Ronon and hired Jason - you've actually made me like Teyla. The scene was fun, until Sheppard broke it up. Bah. Go away. Let 'em play.

As for Ford's men who fell off the platform. I doubt they are dead - high on the enzyme and with super strength, they'll be back to save the day. Maybe. Were they wearing red? *LOL*

I'm requesting an entire episode of Major Lorne and his team (with Zelenka as their scientist, of course).

The bad? Two Weir-Lite episodes back-to-back, and two episodes without Dr. Beckett. Or did I miss him when I blinked? He is a "reg" now, isn't he?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Hammond was a reg and he wasn't in every episode.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I didn't see anything "weird" about it, except maybe her worrying in the first place. It's starting to kind of grate how much she panics whenever anything happens to Sheppard. Or when she THINKS something has happened to him.
            Pfft. Rodney was on that away team too.

So was Teyla.

And...Dex! Come on, you saw how awkward she was around him in the mess hall. There's definitely something there.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              And...Dex! Come on, you saw how awkward she was around him in the mess hall. There's definitely something there.
              Better watch it there, Toaster, or you'll be a literal interpretation of your handle.

The mess hall scene was funny, even if it was a bit surprising for Weir to assume he meant he was actually leaving. Guess that's caught up in the moment, eh?

I'm curious to see where Weir fits in to Ronon's command structure and what he thinks of her. He stayed frozen in place like a good little pup until she left. Obeying orders sorta thing or what? Caught off guard? Amused? Decided he really wanted to sit and eat his jello after all?

Comment

theres one thing i got to say about Wraith females they are alway hot....lol
                My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Originally posted by deathbed1983
                  theres one thing i got to say about Wraith females they are alway hot....lol
                  LOL Not the one from a few episodes back though.

This one definately has it over the first hive "queen". Except for the teeth she looked pretty hot to me...hotter than the "hot" 1st officer from Aurora anyway.

Comment

Well, more exciting than Aurora. I like a Ford centerd ep - and I think he's completly right. Him and his buddies seem to be doing a better job of saving the universe than Shep and Co. So what if there's a few side effects? It's a better side effect than a pre-mature death...which can be a side effect anyway, but at least you'll have gone down fighting. I say everyone on Atlantis should get the Wraith enzyme and start kicking some arse - without the help of polluting nukes. I've lost it with Shep. He's such a dweeb, what's the big idea, not telling Ford that the Dart would go into auto pilot. What, he acts surprised when it does then he tries to make Ford look bad by telling him at the last minute?? That's some jacked up leadership. Then he goes and triggers the alarm! What a klutz! My god, Ford's right, he screwed up the mission! They'd have been in and out if Shep had just acted like, I dunno, a leader? Not been all whiny "awww, this is a bad plan, awwww, you're gonna get yourself killed, whine whine whine whine" I'm sorry, aren't you like the king of screwed up plans?? Suck it up man!! This is war not Chess!

OK, rant over. IMHO, Super Ford should be leading the Atlantis team (whatever it's called). He's got the chutzpah. Shep...needs lessons in optimisim and co-operation. Yep...
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

My electricity's flickering on and off thanks to Rita. (At least it stayed on long enough for me to see Atlantis... hurray) I just had to say one thing about the episodes tonight. Did Martin Gero write both?
                      I loooooved them.
                      Sheppard and McKay are so fantastic together. I enjoy the interesting storylines, but I love the scenes between the two guys even more. Rodney's line about them taking turns to save each other's lives... And Rodney angsting over being a "drug addict" and Sheppard giving him a reassuring pat on the arm.
                      So many lovely scenes, I want to go watch both episodes again. Atlantis is so good and so fun to watch, the months between season-sections seem twice as long.
                      Thank you, thank you, Mr. Gero, for the yummy eps!

Comment

A great episode IMO. Of course I'm overjoyed to see Rainbow in action again so perhaps I'm biased. Though I miss the old Ford. While the new Ford is certainly multi-dimensional and a bit of an enigma I don't really enjoy underhanded diabolical Ford all that much. In fact, my favorite moment of his was when he was telling Shep that he wanted to go home...and that was just an act. But, it gives Rainbow much more of a chance to actually act than before and I'm happy for him for that. I have to say the these mid-season cliffhangers are really annoying though. Now I have to spend 3 months wondering why exactly the queen wanted Shep, if it was because there's something special about him or if it was just because he was flying the ship. C'mon January!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

It's probably not that he was flying the ship, but that they detected the Ancient gene.
                          Spoiler:
                          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch
                            It's probably not that he was flying the ship, but that they detected the Ancient gene.
                            I'm not sure what it was, but they have a lot of loose ends to tie up this coming January, and I can't wait to see where they're going with this. One word -- withdrawal. Crazy times, my friends.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                              Damn! Why was that Wraith so interested in Sheppard? I must know!
                              It was kinda weird that the male wraith kinda tried to smell shepard.. Maybe the female wraith senses something about sheppard - basically that he was some sort of super wraith (due to his conversion to the bug?)

Comment

IMO, this eppy was the best eppy out of the two, but both of them had there great points. But Lost Boys was great because it was nice seeing Ford again and I loved it when Dex and Teyla 'got into' it when they were eating and Dex stole Teyla's food...LoL! That was hilarious. I can't wait until January!

Is it January yet??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X