No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ep. Well, i can imagine ford sacrificeing himself for the atlantis team(how are the teams called anyway? AR-1?)

Artoo turn the autopilot off!

hey, when do the canadians air the Hive???
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I was thinking maybe the reason it was a female wraith who was going to interogate Sheppard might have something to do with the Irratus bug side of the wraith. The ships are referred to as hive ships. Could be the wraith have there Queen leader as with ants, bees, etc.

I loved the short sequence showing scences from the second half of the season. Looked like "The Hive" and "Epiphany" to me.

I really enjoyed this episode.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Why is it all the good episodes feel like they're only 10 minutes long?

Comment

That episode was pathetic. Atlantis has lost all interest for me, the characters are so simplistic and the plot lines predictible and the so called "cliff hanger" just made me yawn, I can so easily assume that in the next episode Sheppard will somehow get out of that situation without any problem.

Where did Atlantis go wrong? I loved the first season but this second season has been a string of dissapointments.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
            Where did Atlantis go wrong? I loved the first season but this second season has been a string of dissapointments.
            Maybe the problem doesn't come from the show but... you.

Comment

Can some one please order a "shoot on sight to kill" order for Ford. Not only is Ford a gaping security hole (knows Atlantis survived, procedures,...), but now he has endangered team members, fed them drugs and got them stranded on a hive ship.

I am sorry but from the moment I heard that the wraith thought Atlantis was destroyed, I thought it would become more cloak and dagger more CIA like to protect the secret.

Now I see close call after an other. How dumb are the wraith if they can't figure out Atlantis isn't destroyed? For god sakes they have the guy that killed the queen.

If we look at SGC the security is very tight while in Atlantis it is non existent?

Don't get me wrong it is a very good episode, loved McKay and who can object to the little animal side of Teyla we saw.

Comment

when does episode 11 air in canada is it earlyer then in the US because then i can ask my "Cousin" "Bit Torrant"

Comment

I have to say that I expected it to be a horrible episode.. but it turned out just fine!
                  Idiot Ford. Now because of him, the Wraith know that Atlantis wasn't destroyed. I hate him. He should die in the most painful way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                    Maybe the problem doesn't come from the show but... you.
                    Yeah, I suppose Battlestar Galactica has made me come to expect to much from less worthy shows such as Stargate Atlantis.

/me runs away from the angry SGA fans to go hide in the BSG section

Comment

First off, the drug thing has been done before. 1. SG1 2. Andromeda 3. Probably every other scifi show around. It's not original.

Virtually every tv show has had drug addiction in it. DId you realize that in the original Star Trek, NBC squashed one script (which got radically rewritten, and the writer despised NBC for it) because the writer had a character dealing drugs on the Enterprise. There are no drugs in outer space! NBC shrieked. Yeah, sure... Sorry, just strollikng down memory lane.

Can we stop trusting Ford? The writers have established that he's a little unstable due to the drug. So the characters trust him? It makes me wonder if Sheppard's food really is clean. Perhaps, I'm biased. I have not been happy with the writers approach to the Ford subplot.

He's unstable, that for sure. It's quite possible he had soem 'isuses' before the wraith incident. The enzyme sounds like a steroid of sorts, and that stuff definitely screws peoples up both mentally and physically. When he got together with those guys while eating and was extolling its virtues, I just cringed and thought, geez, Ford's a drug dealer...

Ronon and Teyla wanting to stay on the drug bothers me. I get that they're addicted, but Sheppard might have pointed out that their reasoning was a bit biased. Did we really need to see Ronon drag Teyla across a table by her arm to establish that the characters high?

Drama.... but since the enzyme is probably affecting their mind, to a degree... they DO like the feeling of power, and not getting a shot is like an addict not getting a fix. Shep's team should be on some serious downtime for detox after the next episode!

What is wrong with Weir? Is the food on Atlantis affecting her leadership abilities? She's in charge. If she wants a search, command a search. Don't flirt with the security guy, be useful.

You mean Lorne? Anyway, I just saw that she was more relaxed than in season one, when every day was 'the wraith are going to kill us.' Although Weir and Lorne, hmm....

My hope is that Sheppard or McKay will at least hit Ford in the back of the head with a very blunt object in January.

Well, something sure does need to happen. Have no idea if Ford survives the next one or not as I can't recall if he's in any other episodes. They could leave it hanging, with Ford sacrificing hiimself to let the others get away and it would be open-ended as they don't show him die...

Comment

I'm not convinced that the "I want to go home" WAS an act. Ford's personality is a little bit fractured, now, and I think that might have been part of the "real Ford" showing through... and then SuperFord took over again and dismissed it all as a ploy. With what info we have right now, it's hard to say either way, but it makes ME feel better to know that somewhere deep down, Ford's still the bright-eyed do-gooder with strong familiar ties. *sigh*

I'm a little surprised at the debate over the auto-pilot. I thought Shep's comment about how the puddle jumpers go on autopilot near the gate explained it.

And on BSG wasn't there an issue about pilots worried that they had to actually LAND their birds as opposed to letting the autopilot do it for them?

Anyway, I figured it was just standard procedure, not anything remarkable. Why would it ask if he wanted to rematerialize his cargo if the Wraith "knew" he was coming and had seized control of his ship?

Comment

Just watched "Lost Boys" again. The last scene shows that the Wraith can obviously manipulate part of Shep's mind, indicating that telepathy can probably also be used like it was on Colonel Sumner in "Rising". In that case, it is entirely possible that the Wraith will find out that Atlantis wasn't destroyed, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Also, Jace (?) mentioned that Teyla seems to be largely responsible for the restructuring of the Wraith fleet because they don't want to risk her tapping into the system. The telepathy with Shep might also reveal her identity, in which case she could be in big trouble, too. It would be interesting to see the Wraith launch a steady stream of attacks on the populations and groups that might have the ability to infiltrate their network in order to protect themselves, starting with Teyla.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

A slow beginning, but the second half flew. Loved lots of little things. The interaction between Shep adn Ford. HOw they both had to kind of set each other up and betray whatever trust might have been there. Nicely done by Joe and Rainbow too.

Ronon clocked Shep with his elbow. TOO funny. Had to hurt.

The plan sucked. And everyone knew it. I wanted to stay sympathetic to Ford. I wanted him to be sincere about going home. :niff::

But he's the reason it didn't work. And his blaming Shep for everything after Shep's entire TEAM told him it was a bad plan had me yelling for Ronon to deck Ford. I was glad Shep called him a snot-nosed kid. Ford cares only about proving himself when he has nothing to prove. He's the reason his men died. Although I loved SHep's "R2..I need you to turn off the autopilot. Now!" That was great. I loved Shep pointing out to Ford he wouldn't risk his team just to watch Ford fail. Ford had NO PLAN beyond Get in there and we'll take them out. Bad bad plan.

Shep got stunned alot in this ep. Wonder what that does to him. And when he woke up in the Wraith cell...it was very telling to me. He's the only one not SUPER in anyway. I wish he'd brought up the bug thing then. He would have creamated them all in his BUG form. But now he's the most vulnerable. The most fragile of them all. BUt he still held off the Wraith as long as the others...***insert moment to say Ronon ruled in the sword fighting stuff. Very well done by Jason*** But Shep is the weakest at the moment and WOW...his moment with the female wraith. Great job by Joe. No words but Shep was shaking. Fighting her control and the fear in his eyes? Wow. I wonder why Shep? Because he was flying the dart? Because he was Wraith bug for a while? Because of the gene? Because of all three?

I hate TBC. Hate it. :igh::

Comment

Ford was heartbreaking with that "I want to go home". I wanted him to want to go home. I don't believe, either, that he was faking that.
                              I miss the eager, sweet, innocent Ford.

That was a good scene, with RSF and JF both doing a wonderful job.

Comment

Paraphrasing- Mckay "I would of thought of that if I wasn't high on drugs."
                                This is the first Atlantis ep that I've watched from beginning to end, and not missed any of it. I though it was great though, wanted to see Ronon and Ford go at it. But really loved the hive, thought that that was the best I have seen in Atlantis so far. Liked when the team was fighting the wraiths. And I love cliffhangers, give me something to hang on too in the off season.
                                If the rest of Atlantis is as good as this, I guess I will have to start watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X