• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora (209)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209

When the team finds an Ancient warship adrift on the edge of the galaxy, its crew still alive, Colonel Sheppard enters their virtual reality stasis to communicate with them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:01 PM.

GREAT ep and heres the Spoilers

Ok first of all they communicate in a VR world the Aurora is a Sciences vessel that was doing recon for the Ancients they found a weakness in Wraith Tech. Only the vessel was two slow to get back very fast so they had to take the deady to see what was going on they find about 336 Ancients in Pods. So shep goes in to talk to them tell them what’s going on. Only they don't believe him because a Wraith has entered the pod of the First Officer who is of coures very HOT. Now shep spends most of his time trying to get the info on the Wraith Tech only to find out that the Wraith has deleted it from the computers. Now McKay finds away to take the Wraith out of the pod and then shep convinces them of the truth. Oh and did I mention while all this is happening 2 wraith Cruisers on there way. So the wraith is out of the VR and shep has to leave to but the Caption of the Aurora gives him the codes for the self destruct and it destroys the Wraith Cruisers. now you might be wondering why would the Wraith stay in the VR when the info on there weakness is gone well its because he was trying to modify the Ancient hyper drive so that he could modify the Wraith Hyper drive to get to BINGO EARTH

Ok thats what i have to say anyone else from the Great White North have anyhting to add
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

... It aired in Canada already???

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I know I'm not suppose to say this, but

I can't wait to download this (or maybe I'll wait till friday)

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
        ... It aired in Canada already???
        yeah, if SciFi had aired it Last friday, Canada would've seen it second, instead of us
        sigpic

Comment

Pretty predictable, I figured out what the "engine upgrades" were for as soon as they were mentioned.

I liked that scene where McKay woke up the wraith and hadn't thought of what he was supposed to DO with it ^_^

Oh...And yarr ye scurvy dogs!

Comment

It was a pretty good ep.

Its the first time this season in SGA where we see a positive view of the Ancients.

It also pretty much answers the whole why didnt the ancients fight thing too. ie they did.

Also as a heads up - those looking to see an Ancient ship err well you'll be disappointed, Aurora is really mashed when found

Just once I would like them to find an actual living Ancient, all this dodging is frustrating. I still cant get a specific answer to "are they extinct", theres always this over hanging thing sort of pointing towards the fact that they are either hiding amongst humans or have simply gone elsewhere.

<sigh>

In either case I think the ep was good, one of my favourites thus far in S2 and certainly better than the last 2 episodes (which kinda didnt work for me).

TOA

Comment

Personally

I thought it was kinda dumb..
              No offence.. They could just destroy the dumb old cruisers,
              Leaving a valuble ancient ship destroyed in space
              Now, No offence Shepp, Logic is key when you make decisions like that
              Why didn't they like beam some of them into the daedalus sure, they would be old and frail but hey. Hello Ancients

Lets see what you think

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                GREAT ep and heres the Spoilers

Ok first of all they communicate in a VR world the Aurora is a Sciences vessel that was doing recon for the Ancients they found a weakness in Wraith Tech. Only the vessel was two slow to get back very fast so they had to take the deady to see what was going on they find about 336 Ancients in Pods. So shep goes in to talk to them tell them what’s going on. Only they don't believe him because a Wraith has entered the pod of the First Officer who is of coures very HOT. Now shep spends most of his time trying to get the info on the Wraith Tech only to find out that the Wraith has deleted it from the computers. Now McKay finds away to take the Wraith out of the pod and then shep convinces them of the truth. Oh and did I mention while all this is happening 2 wraith Cruisers on there way. So the wraith is out of the VR and shep has to leave to but the Caption of the Aurora gives him the codes for the self destruct and it destroys the Wraith Cruisers. now you might be wondering why would the Wraith stay in the VR when the info on there weakness is gone well its because he was trying to modify the Ancient hyper drive so that he could modify the Wraith Hyper drive to get to BINGO EARTH

Ok thats what i have to say anyone else from the Great White North have anyhting to add
                that was the worse synopsis of an episode...
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer

because he was trying to modify the Ancient hyper drive so that he could modify the Wraith Hyper drive to get to BINGO EARTH
                  Ancient hyperdrives slow?

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                    Ancient hyperdrives slow?
                    It was explained in the episode that the ancients used two types of hyperdrives, one was designed for in-galaxy transit, one was for galactic level travel. Aurora was equipped with the in-galaxy version.

In the episode its said that it would take over a month to reach Atlantis from where Aurora is. By comparison it took only a few days for Daedaleus.

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                      that was the worse synopsis of an episode...
                      thats what i had to say about the ep so if you want to wright your own version go rigth ahead and give that it was the first time i have ever done anything like this i think i did ok
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                      sigpic

Comment

One question...if there were 336 ancients on board...did they bother to wake any of them up!? That is if they were still alive...If they were and they blew up the ship...why didn't they wake at least one or 2 up?

Comment

because they were so old that they would have died
                          sigpic

Comment

in statis pods?

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                              in statis pods?
                              from what i understood they would have died almost insinatly if they woke them up. like the Captin said we have been in Stais for 10000 years our bodies must be old and shep said yes Too old

Its Stais but you body still ages just at a slower rate like Weir in Before I Sleep
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X