This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah is it Element or Mineral?

hello i have a question for fans here if they know.

Q: why is liquid naquadah a green colour?

also does anybody know anything about this mineral because i dont seem to know a great deal about naquadah, is it radioactive? is it not what is the so called by-product when using this in the generators.

does anybody know anything about this?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Naqahdah is an element, not a mineral. Stargate The Movie is not part of the SG-1 canon.

why is liquid naquadah a green colour?
    Probably due to the other stuff you have to mix it with to make it liquid at room temperature. As for the eerie green glow, your guess is as good as mine.

also does anybody know anything about this mineral because i dont seem to know a great deal about naquadah, is it radioactive? is it not what is the so called by-product when using this in the generators.
    Everything is radioactive. Naqahdah is relatively stable.
    Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

sp my nextquestion is where about would this element fit on the periodic table, i take it people could guess roughly where it does i just would like to know?
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

See this thread:

Atomic Weight of Naquadah
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Well it is located within the island of stability, further than that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_of_stability

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
            Naqahdah is an element, not a mineral. Stargate The Movie is not part of the SG-1 canon.
            Um...yes it is. We jusrt beleive SG-1 over the movie if there's a contradiction.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Maybe in the movie, they were just wrong...

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Um...yes it is. We jusrt beleive SG-1 over the movie if there's a contradiction.
                Then you would be foolish. SG-1 is not endorsed by the creators of the movie, they mock it, the true sequels to stargate are the books. It's best to consider the two sources having taken place in alternate universes. The differences between them are vast and inexplicable in any other way.

Comment

no its a mineral

NAQUADAH
                  Heavy mineral used in constructing the Stargate, Goa'uld technology, and the quantum mirror. Naquadah is the building-block for all Goa'uld technology, and (though the Goa'uld did not build the Stargates) seems to be the only material capable of handling the massive amounts of energy required to create a stable wormhole.

The mineral also has highly explosive properties, making it useful for enhancing the yield of bombs, missiles, and the like. It has at least two variants: liquid naquadah, used to power Jaffa staff weapons, and naquadria, which is more volatile and powerful. Naquadah is rather rare, and does not exist naturally in Earth's solar system.

Naquadah is also a part of the Goa'uld's genetic make-up. Its presence gives them (as well as someone who has had a symbiote die inside of them, such as Samantha Carter) the ability to use Goa'uld technology such as a hand device or healing device, and to sense the presence of other Goa'uld within a range of a few feet.

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                    no its a mineral

NAQUADAH
                    Heavy mineral used in constructing the Stargate, Goa'uld technology, and the quantum mirror. Naquadah is the building-block for all Goa'uld technology, and (though the Goa'uld did not build the Stargates) seems to be the only material capable of handling the massive amounts of energy required to create a stable wormhole.

The mineral also has highly explosive properties, making it useful for enhancing the yield of bombs, missiles, and the like. It has at least two variants: liquid naquadah, used to power Jaffa staff weapons, and naquadria, which is more volatile and powerful. Naquadah is rather rare, and does not exist naturally in Earth's solar system.

Naquadah is also a part of the Goa'uld's genetic make-up. Its presence gives them (as well as someone who has had a symbiote die inside of them, such as Samantha Carter) the ability to use Goa'uld technology such as a hand device or healing device, and to sense the presence of other Goa'uld within a range of a few feet.
                    Whoever wrote that possesses a tenuous grasp of physics and biology.
                    Last edited by Lord §okar; 05 September 2005, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Uh, I think that's the Omnepedia on Naquadah. Personally, I thought it was an element. Does it say anything about this in an episode?
                      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                      LANDRY
                      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

Uh, I think that's the Omnepedia on Naquadah
                        Gateworld should stick to episode synopses and character bios.

Personally, I thought it was an element. Does it say anything about this in an episode?
                        Yes it does, several, Meridian right off the top of my head but I'll do some Googling. Only the movie suggests it's a mineral but it has no bearing whatsoever on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                          Uh, I think that's the Omnepedia on Naquadah. Personally, I thought it was an element. Does it say anything about this in an episode?
                          you guessed it !? i had to find out for my self so i went to the omnepedia and thats what it says

Comment

Isn't it both an element and a mineral?

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                              Isn't it both an element and a mineral?
                              It's all those things and more! Now how much would you pay?

-IMF
                              My mother, my Sister. My mother, my Sister. My mother, my Sister. Naquadah's worse than Kat and Zoe.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X