UK Lost Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Lost Thread (No Spoilers Please)

I realize that there's already a Lost thread, but I'm sure that there are UK fans who are watching it for the first time on C4 who don't want to be spoiled. So here you can post on episodes shown on C4, but if you want to discuss E4 episodes a week ahead of the C4 airing, then please use spoiler tags (if you're not sure how they work, then you can test in this thread).

So what are your thoughts on Lost so far? If you ask me, although it's brilliant, each episode seems a bit too padded out. For instance, the latest episode where Jack follows his father's figure seemed to be half an hour of Jack running through the jungle, with very little development. Despite the padding, I think Lost is brilliant so far; there are enough characters to keep interest, but if you ask me, enough characters that they can kill some off.

I'm looking forward to the episodes concerning Charlie, Claire and Hurley - they're my favourite characters so far, but I'm not to sure about Jack and Kate - they seem too perfect (despite their flashbacks). Locke is definitely an interesting chap - I hope we'll get to know more about him.

Surely there are other UK fans here?

Spoiler:
    i liked the episode after that one mentioned above called "house of the rising sun" it's got a little more action in it and we have a discovery that one of the chineese/korean/japaneese can speak english which the episode focusing mainly on them two which i was most interested about so yeah i liked that better

the last episode where we have him running around was soo boring i did actually fall alseep as it was on at 11pm untill 12am on E4 so i was tired but it was one of the most drawn out episodes so far complete s**te it was.

highlight below to read:

i cant wait untill until the survivours actually meet the monster at the end and make a small raft that when they make it off the island they actually realise how big it is and that the the rescue is not all it seems to be apparently cant wait .
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

What's the rule on post-E4's-ep spoilers? Are they banned? or allowed but have to be clearly labelled?

I'm quite glad it's on, it's the only thing I'm watching right now, apart from the news and the occasional history or wildlife show. The whole thing with the polar bear is really enticing and the whole thing promises to be made up of more than is first apparrent. My biggest gripe isn't the running about the jungle doing nothing thing (although that's irksome at times) but the fact that only a quarter of the castaways ever get to speak. Does the island turn the rest of them mute or something? I know extras cost less than bit-part actors, but still...

My theory (based on nothing more than hope, really) is that one of the main cast will turn out to know something about the island that they shouldn't /couldn't. Like that chap in Cube who turned out to have helped build the thing. I think that would be cool.

Madeleine

Comment

I am so loving Lost!

My friend's seen the whole of ep 1 and i've another friend who's in the process of watching the whole season, and then there's the people i know who are being spoilt over the net. I've threatened them all with death if they spoil the least little thing for me

I liked Jack's backstory. I watched the Kims ep on E4 and found that to be quite boring.

Locke is definately an interesting character. I loved his backstory, how you watch it and then look back and go, 'Oh yeah, they never actually showed that, i just presumed'.

Looking forward to Charlie's, Sawyer's, Claire's and Hurleys backstory.

Comment

I liked that episode with the running through the jungle. It may not have been the most action packed, i don't know why, but i found it really interesting. When he found his dad's coffin it was like, "WOW!!" But the best thing about it by far is the trying to work out what each person is up to and what happened in their life. The worst bit, channel 4's 5min long adverts every 10mins of showtime. It's gotten to the stage where i tape it so i can fast forward them!

Originally posted by Hywel
          I'm looking forward to the episodes concerning Charlie, Claire and Hurley
          Kate and Claire i think are the most interesting characters. Along with Locke. He clearly saw the monster and yet he keeps saying how beautiful the place is etc. He is certainly cunning...
          Last edited by Anubis69; 04 September 2005, 07:07 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I suppose as long as they're very clearly marked, post-E4 spoilers are fine.

My biggest gripe is that they shot a polar bear in ep 2 yet in the next few eps they hunt for boars since they have no food. Did they forget they've got what seemed like a fully grown polar bear to eat?
            Last edited by Hywel; 04 September 2005, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I'm loving it so far, except the episode where jack was running and running for hours and hours and hours... that was a little boring watching him run, but even that ep was really good in terms of plot, expo, etc. It just needed a little less running...

Can't wait to find out what happens in the end... I'd also love to know what the woman did that was so bad (is kate here name? I'm very bad with names...)

+the whole cube idea is interesting... that was a weird film tho, and lost is a weird show, so you never know...
              "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                My biggest gripe is that they shot a polar bear in ep 2 yet in the next few eps they hunt for boars since they have no food. Did they forget they've got what seemed like a fully grown polar bear to eat?
                How much time had passed? The meat would keep for two days (??) out in the open like that. The people who knew it was there might have been in denial about its existence at first, and then perhaps by the time the food situation started to matter they'd have assumed the meat would have gone off. Or something.

Have any of you more alert than me been keeping track of time there and can tell me how long they've been on the island (C4 or E4)?

Madeleine

Comment

Ok so if you do not want to be spoiled , do not watch my Lost videos because they contain spoilers from episode 1 to episode 24 . but if you need to know ..see my sig for the link

Caty

Comment

Lost is fantastic so far. And to think I wasnt even going to watch it until I noticed its created by JJ Abrams (creator of the awesome alias). Kendell (urrr, lol thats his name in alias, the one played by terry o'quin who was in a wheechair) seems a great character.

One thing i cant wait for is when all the secrets come out. IE. What will peoples reactions be to Terry O'quin being in a wheelchair.

Comment

I myself think that all the characters are interesting . They seem to all have something to contribute ..The one I'm not too keen on is Sawyer but that the other survivors don't like him too much either . I still like him but he is not a very nice person so far .

John Locke story is very interesting so Kate and Jack backstory . I was very pleased to see "House of rising sun" for Sun and Jin on E4 because it cleared some light in their relationship

Well about Kate and her story ..I don't think she has done something terrible because she seemed to help the Marshall in the plane by putting oxygen on his face ..If she was that bad , she would have let him die in the plane ..I think she was probably somewhere at the wrong time in her past and what she did was more a misunderstanding ..This is only my opinion according to what I saw up to house of rising sun .

Jack is supposed to have done something to his dad according to "White Rabbit " Again I don't think it's that bad .

Next episode is about Charlie so should be interesting to talk about ..I suppose we'll know about how his drug addiction started ?!!!

Caty

Caty
                      Last edited by Catysg1; 05 September 2005, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Have any of you more alert than me been keeping track of time there and can tell me how long they've been on the island (C4 or E4)?
                        May as well give it a go.

DAY 1 - Crash (1x01 - Pilot, Part I)
                        DAY 2 - Discover Cockpit (1x01 - Pilot, Part I)
                        DAY 3 - Hike up mountain, hear distress signal (1x02 - Pilot, Part II)
                        DAY 4 - Marshal dies (1x03 - Tablua Rasa)
                        DAY 5* - Locke goes hunting, memorial service (1x04 - Walkabout)
                        DAY 6 - Joanna drowns (1x05 - White Rabbit)

*Please note that from Day 5 forwards I may be totally wrong. Come to think of it, I may be totally wrong altogether. You have been warned.

Comment

Day 6 is about Jack and his demons . (White rabbitt)

I know somebody drowns in that episode but we do not know that girl ..she was not part of the story plot I would not use her as the main story line of the episode . It's jack episode

I don't think an episode represents a day because a season is supposed to be 40 days altogether . I heard that from Lost revealed

I really liked John Locke 's episode "Walkabout" but I must say that so far all the episodes are so good . Very nice to get to know them all and what they did before the crash

By the way , do you think they are all in purgatory ?!!!

Myself , I think none of them are bad , bad people ...but it seems that they got involved with with the wrong crowd in the past , therefore ended up doing things they may not have done otherwise . May be they trusted people to easily in the past and being on the Island may teach them to be a bit more cautious but also to help others too...and each other ...to form a real bond between all of them eventually That's my take . I think they will all change for the best and some of them particurlarly Sawyer and Shannon have a lot of work to do to become better people .

Comment

Given that Lost is shot on the same island where friend Spielberg filmed Jurassic Park, could the monster be a T-Rex or somesuch that got left behind?

What airline would allow Locke to have a briefcase full of knives as part of hi luggage? Was he really an Army officer?
                            Is there any significance to the various cuts and so on the survivors have? The cut Locke had on his face reminded me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Sun's episode was wonderful! I'd have to rate her suddenly speaking English as one of the best sit-up-and-spill-your-drink-down-your-shirt moments. For me it rates with that scene in S8's Covenant. You know the one I mean. As for Jin, he seems a thoroughly unpleasant fellow. I hope he gets his own flashback episode in order to elaborate more on his seemingly sudden change of character. I know I shouldn't think in stereotypes, but I honestly thought they were going to eat the dog Jin bought for Sun .

As for the whole Jack/Kate thing, I can really see the chemistry between them both, but I think it was awfully cheesy at the end when the music played over a shot of both their faces. There's no need to club us to death with "Look, they might end up together!" shots. Did anyone else find the scene where they ran away from the bees hilarious? I can imagine the writers thinking "We need something to draw in the young crowd. How about getting the two leading characters to take off their tops and wait a scene before putting them back on?" .

Spoiler:
                              Verily I have joined the ranks of the E4 episode viewers. It's just too tempting! The Moth episode was fantastic. I'm beginning to love the relationship between Locke and Charlie. For a guy who invited what seemed to be a sex-line worker on a trip to Australia with him, Locke seems surprisingly wise and calm. Loved seeing Charlie perform some music, and I'm ashamed to say I was filled with a warm tingly feeling when he chucked the drugs into the fire. Hurrah for doing the sensible thing! Starting to miss Claire though.

Comment

Working...
                              X