This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird cell phones...

i dont know if this has been posted about before, but how is it that they are getting cell phone signals in cheyenne mountain? ("Threads" and "Lost City")

if i stand too close to a thick wall i lose my signal lol, so how are they getting one 28 floors underground?

Depends on what kind of phone it is . . . I have a TracFone and it would get signals if I was in the Marianas Trench.

One also has to allow for 'artistic license' I suppose.

~Sarah
    Call me Sarah . . .
    • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
    • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
    • Trek forever!

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
      i dont know if this has been posted about before, but how is it that they are getting cell phone signals in cheyenne mountain? ("Threads" and "Lost City")

if i stand too close to a thick wall i lose my signal lol, so how are they getting one 28 floors underground?
      My guess: The same way that car radios work in the Dartford Tunnel even though it's several metres beneath the Thames. Some sort of transmitter/receiver topside would be linked to a receiver/transmitter down below.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        My guess: The same way that car radios work in the Dartford Tunnel even though it's several metres beneath the Thames. Some sort of transmitter/receiver topside would be linked to a receiver/transmitter down below.
        agreed, and there radio's work down there too (they both work basically the same)
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

everywhere i have beenw ith ym cell there is only one place i can't get a signal... right here... at this computer.... in my dads house.... everywhere else i get a signal... in the middle of no where... in the middle of New York City... but here on Cape Cod... in ym fathers house... i don't get any ANY signal at all... i find it extremly annoying i go next door full signal but right here at the computer N O no signal at all at the couch behind me... full signal... right here none at all...

Comment

I wonder if they'd let the Verizon Wireless guy down there to do his little "Can you hear me now.....Good" thing.

Comment

In Montreal you can use your cellphone while on the Metro (i.e. subway). But right now it's only on part of the system. I'm guessing the SGC uses the same technology.
              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112
                I wonder if they'd let the Verizon Wireless guy down there to do his little "Can you hear me now.....Good" thing.
                lol, then go to chulak and say "can you hear me now? good"

keeping families and friends (and military personnel) connected across galaxies

Comment

Some type of transmitter on every floor is most likely
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

they get a signal in atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17
                      they get a signal in atlantis
                      Hey if the gate was open, anything is possible.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Atlantis isn't 28 floors UNDERGROUND. True, Atlantis would limit the signals but i'm assuming they have some kind of antennas around the citys or something for boosting broadcast signals also allowing them to speak over any distance in or above Atlantis.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

maybe the materials that atlantis is made from amplifies (sp?) the signal
                          just a thought
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
                            Depends on what kind of phone it is . . . I have a TracFone and it would get signals if I was in the Marianas Trench.

One also has to allow for 'artistic license' I suppose.

~Sarah
                            Unless your cell phone isnt waterproof heh heh, I am wondering are there waterproof cell phones out there? I know jack has one but are they available for purchase?

Comment

there are Sat phones that work pritty much any where
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X