X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Earth Ship Discussion Thread #SPOILERS#

The Prometheus has Asgard weapons and shields,
    but why doesn't she also carry an Asgard cloaking device ?

I also wonder about the F-302:
    Why is didn't they steal a few cannons from crashed Deathgliders and add them to the weapons ?

And finally there's the X-301:

Further phases probably would have seen large numbers of the craft produced, but the ship is a hybrid.
    Where were they going to get the needed Deathgliders from ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

personally i have never seen an asgard cloaking device in action

the cannons from deathgliders suck, they cant aim for beans! notice in lost city part 2, the 302's instant knock out several goa'uld ships because they have weaponary which actually "aims" for something!

I dunno about the 301, but i am agine they would have backward engineered it before and could create there own death glider from scratch bythat time!

Comment

It's easy to make the Glider Cannons hit, make them turreted.
      The BC-303 has limited power output, so it can't power 2000 systems.
      The F-302 will suck until they figure out how to make liquid naquadah, so they can dump the turbines. Infinite fuel > hyperspace IMO.

Comment

They only have like a 2 pairs of Glider Cannons from Apothes' mothership. I never heard that the Prometheus has Asgard Sheilds and weapons. Weapons? That cant be right cuz in The Lost City Part2 they said ''All ordenece expended''.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by PYRO
          They only have like a 2 pairs of Glider Cannons from Apothes' mothership. I never heard that the Prometheus has Asgard Sheilds and weapons. Weapons? That cant be right cuz in The Lost City Part2 they said ''All ordenece expended''.
          Watch 'Disclosure'

Spoilers, Disclosure because obviously Pyro didn't see the end.....

...Thor drops by and saves the SGC, he also drops off the present of 'asgard shields and weapons'
          sigpic

Comment

They have nothing on it on GateWorld, but the picture reminds me of an episode that I saw when Thor beams in and said says: '' It is perferable that General Hammond/USA runs the StarGate''.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

- You came by just to say that?
              Thor: And to install Asgard designed shields and weapons on the Prometheus...

Comment

They do have an asgard weapons. Remember in the lost city, the Prometheus was shooting the gliders and Alkesh with their blue asgard beam weapon called Asgard Antiship beam. They expended the their ordance is because they need the power for the shields they need to use to ram Anubis's ship
                sigpic
                The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                  They do have an asgard weapons. Remember in the lost city, the Prometheus was shooting the gliders and Alkesh with their blue asgard beam weapon called Asgard Antiship beam. They expended the their ordance is because they need the power for the shields they need to use to ram Anubis's ship

Well they weren't beams, and I say they weren't Asgard. They were simply AA-Guns, standard US Military style.

Comment

Although its early stages for the Tau'ri I think they should try a couple of things:

a) Steal a couple of Hatak's
                    b) study them-get the Tok'ra to provide details of it under their Treaty
                    c) Visit Tollana with a couple of ships-see if anyone is alive; if not check out what's left
                    d) Steal some Gliders-ask the Asgard for info on their propolsion (spelling) systems
                    e) Get Felger's gun working
                    f) Re-design Prometheus..its hella ugly
                    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Looks has nothing to do with it atm.

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
                        Although its early stages for the Tau'ri I think they should try a couple of things:

a) Steal a couple of Hatak's
                        b) study them-get the Tok'ra to provide details of it under their Treaty
                        c) Visit Tollana with a couple of ships-see if anyone is alive; if not check out what's left
                        d) Steal some Gliders-ask the Asgard for info on their propolsion (spelling) systems
                        e) Get Felger's gun working
                        f) Re-design Prometheus..its hella ugly
                        1. Be kinda hard to do
                        2. The treaty is kinda a dead fish in water
                        3. Tollana is a long way off. Anubis probably scoured the planet clean
                        4. We're too young.
                        5. No comment
                        6. I kinda like the look of Prometheus...it looks like something that we would design now. It looks like a bully compared to the streamlined Galaxy-class enterprise.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Well they weren't beams, and I say they weren't Asgard. They were simply AA-Guns, standard US Military style.
                          I'm not familiar with AA-guns, but do they fire blue bolts of energy? Because that's what the Asgard weapons were doing in Lost City *holds up DVD*

Comment

that's what I told them. If Felger plasma torpedo was working it would be called Faser short for (Felger Anti-ship energy ray)
                            sigpic
                            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              I'm not familiar with AA-guns, but do they fire blue bolts of energy? Because that's what the Asgard weapons were doing in Lost City *holds up DVD*
                              and the next second they look yellow.

Comment

Working...
                              X