This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religions Clash

Would the religions clash against the ORI?
    First born, Firsr Ruler and a double Saint

Yes they would as the Ori claim they created humans
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
      I believe Christiantity, Buhdhism and Islam don't really support people becoming "gods".
      They dont at all
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Definetly, if the Ori ever got into the population of Earth (Which is likely considering how much power they have). Most of their teachings would clash with the major earth religions. I believe Christiantity, Buhdhism and Islam don't really support people becoming "gods".
        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
          *phew* For a moment there, I thought this might be another 'religion is for ignorant primitives' type thread. Glad to see it isn't. As to your question, the answer is 'yes'. What the Ori claim is in direct contradiction to what many religions teach.
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by TAE
            There are none I can think of that wouldn't clash because of Origin's...
            1.) Polytheism
            2.) Strict Worship
            3.) Acsension to Godhood
            4.) Creation Theory
            Each religion I can think of, even the smaller ones, would conflict with at least one of those four.

Comment

If a single Ori appeared, and was actually human in form, many people, from many separate religions would believe that Ori to be god. The Ori are smart enough to leave the Book of Origin out of their conversion tactics, at least for the time being, when they have converted enough people, the book will be introduced, and panic will ensue.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                If a single Ori appeared, and was actually human in form, many people, from many separate religions would believe that Ori to be god. The Ori are smart enough to leave the Book of Origin out of their conversion tactics, at least for the time being, when they have converted enough people, the book will be introduced, and panic will ensue.
                They gave the Jaffa a copy to read in Beach Head. You could say it wasn't well received.

Comment

Haven't seen the ori yet but most religions on earth would clash with it, but there's alot of ppl out there that'll believe anything and the ori would be just what they've been waiting for even through it's evil.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually the thought of humans becoming gods is not a new concept. In Genesis, this is how Satan tempted Adam and Eve, with the possibility of becoming godlike or gods themselves.
                    The main reason this would cause conflict is because most religions teach only one god and Jesus himself said their are many gods, but only one Almighty.
                    Sorry for the Sunday School lesson. But I think it is a very interesting thread to explore.

Comment

At 9:50PM
                      Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      I believe Christiantity, Buhdhism and Islam don't really support people becoming "gods".
                      They dont at all
                      At 9:51PM
                      Definetly, if the Ori ever got into the population of Earth (Which is likely considering how much power they have). Most of their teachings would clash with the major earth religions. I believe Christiantity, Buhdhism and Islam don't really support people becoming "gods".
                      is it me or is The time dilation thing happening again
                      Last edited by Eoin; 02 September 2005, 05:44 PM.
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                        At 9:50PM

At 9:51PM

is it me or is The time dilation thing again happening again
                        I've noticed too that some of qasim's posts are coming before the posts that he quoted. I don't know why, maybe he has a faster connection?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm certain that the religions would clash, but what about the 'wow' factor of seeing 'miracles' performed. The priors have at they're disposal the ability to generate 'percieved' miracles...surely these would be influential. You know some chap turning up, claiming to speak the voice of god, performing miracles....sound familiar?

Comment

Lots of weak minded ppl would believe anything, just think of all the cults on earth.
                            sigpic

Comment

All of earth's religions would "lose" against Origin, the Priors can actually provide undisputed proof of their gods as well as their powers.

Comment

Working...
                              X