This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lantean Drone Weapon Discussion Thread

Hey guys, Im kinda stuck a long way from a tv with scifi channel and have missed Rising and New Order..so how did we stop the ship sent by the system lords mentioned in the transcript? Did we reactivate the great fountain of happiness???Is that what the attack drone Sheppard is supposed to have launched is--one of the glowing squids of doom??
    Last edited by alaskannut; 29 July 2004, 09:32 PM.
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Spoilers, and stuff.

Yes, He accidentally activated a glowy jellyfish of DOOM!

We didn't. Baal destroyed the ship en-route.
    sigpic

Comment

Thnx man...and cool...the gun still works!! hoo-ah!

Warning: Thar be alaskans out there!!
      sigpic
      Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
      "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        Spoilers, and stuff.
        We didn't. Baal destroyed the ship en-route.
        We do not really know if the ship was destroyed. Maybe Daniel was just bluffing knowing that the (other) Systemlords would call the ship back after the Asgard appeared.
        www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
          Thnx man...and cool...the gun still works!! hoo-ah!

Warning: Thar be alaskans out there!!
          Alaskans in Antartica?

Comment

Do we have an Guardian Probes left?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Weren't the people in Antarctica studying a drone?
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                Weren't the people in Antarctica studying a drone?
                Yep. At no point was it indicated that they'd run out of drones, however...

(SPOILERS for 'Rising')

...with the ZPM used to power the gate for the Atlantis expedition, they now have no power source for it.

And by the way, in 'Rising' McKay did mention that the ZPM was currently powering the outpost defenses. This indicates that the weapon is still operational as long as they have a ZPM hooked up to it.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

And that they have power to the ZPM right?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                    Yep. At no point was it indicated that they'd run out of drones, however...

(SPOILERS for 'Rising')

...with the ZPM used to power the gate for the Atlantis expedition, they now have no power source for it.

And by the way, in 'Rising' McKay did mention that the ZPM was currently powering the outpost defenses. This indicates that the weapon is still operational as long as they have a ZPM hooked up to it.
                    Actually, I think it was confirmed in ZERO HOUR...in RISING, it was indicated as a possibility...

Comment

as long as they have a powersource it should be operational. The Ship was destroyed by Baal but I belive Baal would of found out where it was headed before destroyign it but possibly feared that the Asgard were there as they were.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

They have never even made it appear that the Ancient weapon was depleted, as a matter of fact O'Neill's reluctancy to use to ZPM to power the gate to atlantis in the first place would seem to point other wise, along with other hints that the weapon is still functioning from zero hour, like when they said they were going to send the booby trapped ZPM to Antartica and immagine what woudl have happened if they had pluged it into the chair.

I would bet that the weapon is self replenishing, possibly sometihng alond the lines of replicator technology from star trek, when powered the base re-supplies the drones, that would make the most sense to me ancient technology seems to be designed to be maintainence free, like Atlantis automaticaly adjusting its sheilds to compensate for the energy loss

Comment

i think that somewhere along the lines major Carter is going to find out how to replenish the zpm otherwise baal would wipe us out

Comment

Sorry if this has been gone into before, but i had a quick check and couldn't see it anywhere in s8...

the ancient drone weapons seem to vary in power from lost city to its good to be king, i mean Jack uses hundred or thousands of them to take out nubys fleet (70 or so ha'taks??) in LC, but in IGtbK he only uses two to take down a ha'tak so surely he would have only needed to use a coupla hundred or so in LC...?

Also in LC they seem to have the ability to disassemble matter? they swarmed round a kull and it disappeared? whereas in atlantis they just seem to go boom alot...

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by the daedalus project
                              Sorry if this has been gone into before, but i had a quick check and couldn't see it anywhere in s8...

the ancient drone weapons seem to vary in power from lost city to its good to be king, i mean Jack uses hundred or thousands of them to take out nubys fleet (70 or so ha'taks??) in LC, but in IGtbK he only uses two to take down a ha'tak so surely he would have only needed to use a coupla hundred or so in LC...?

Also in LC they seem to have the ability to disassemble matter? they swarmed round a kull and it disappeared? whereas in atlantis they just seem to go boom alot...

Any thoughts?
                              Advanced, narrative guidance system and variable-effect plotnium warhead.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X