Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point of Origin error for episodes between S4 "Small Victories" and S6 "Redemption"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point of Origin error for episodes between S4 "Small Victories" and S6 "Redemption"

So in S1 "Solitudes" we discover the forgotten Stargate. This Stargate is slighty different from the Stargate discovered in Giza becuase the Point of Origin Symbol is different. We know this because there is one symbol Carter doesn't recognize on the Stargate and DHD. Then in S4 "Small Victories" the Giza gate is left underwater when Thor's Ship went boom, so we retrieve the antartic gate from lock-up and use that gate in the SGC until S6 "Redemption".

The Giza gate's PoO is the pyramid and rising sun, while the antartic gate is a line and a circle (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). So for all the episodes when you can get a good look at the PoO when it is being dialed on the gate (spining and locking) it is the Giza PoO not the Antartic PoO.

I know that it's not major but it's just interesting to note. If I am wrong in all of this, please correct me for I wish to have accurate information.

No, you are right! It probably would have been too clumsy to explain this in a show so it was just left as it is.

Comment

its so they didnt have to change the prop

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

hehe.........interesting
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I have been wondering if this had been covered before, apparently not. Its because they tend to use archive foootage for close up dialing, which is why a lot of dialing sequences seem to be dialing Abydos. I wonder why they didnt change it, after all I would imagine it would be a simple enough job to alter one symbol using a graphics programme, oh well Green for you
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            I have been wondering if this had been covered before, apparently not. Its because they tend to use archive foootage for close up dialing, which is why a lot of dialing sequences seem to be dialing Abydos. I wonder why they didnt change it, after all I would imagine it would be a simple enough job to alter one symbol using a graphics programme, oh well Green for you
            Oh......I didn't realise that - makes sense tho.
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by eps200
              its so they didnt have to change the prop
              And the show's logo.

Comment

we can ask even more probing questions like --- if the Giza gate was brought to earth by Ra -- what planet did it originate on, and then why is a pyramid like those at Giza the symbol for earth?

Could Ra have changed the markings on the Gate to suit himself? Or did the Ancients use the "at" symbol (in their phonetic language) themselves on some other planet?

Perhaps the other planet it was taken from also was a base for Ra and he also used Pyramids to land his ships -- even if it was an Unas planet, since we've been told that Ra found earth and its humans and started the whole human-host party amongst the Goa'uld.

I fear this is an unsolveable mystery!

Comment

Could the Solitudes gate have been the second gate on earth?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

but dont forget the gate has a corelitive update program to suit the destination in space, so even though the symbol was on the gate + dhd and different on the antactic gate only goes to prove that..........wait a tick now im confused, damn i thought i had a genious response to surrpise you all

now im gonna go eat and be merry and forgot this happen so i dont ruin my very high (HAH) reputation
                    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Ha i just watched small victories and wondered the same thing about there being two different gate but same (aparently) poO in the series.

Comment

In 'The Serpent's Lair' when Daniel was on Apophis' ship, he said they were close enough to Earth for him to use the Earth PoO to dial. Wouldn't that gate and DHD's PoO been different as well?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          In 'The Serpent's Lair' when Daniel was on Apophis' ship, he said they were close enough to Earth for him to use the Earth PoO to dial. Wouldn't that gate and DHD's PoO been different as well?
                          There are PoO Glyphs, and PoO "Zones".
                          A PoO glyph identifies a particular stargate.
                          A PoO "Zone" identifies the region in which a particular glyph combination will open a stargate inside that region.

For the record, I am just using the term "Zone" to help explain the known difference between PoO glyphs and coordinate glyph. I forgot the correct term.
                          Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
                          X