This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Holographic" Displays one step closer to reality

Now, I'm not sure if this has been posted before.

This is essentially a laser projected (as in NOT holographic) touch screen. While it is not really 3D it can have the apperance of it.

http://www.io2technology.com/technology/overview

It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen outside of Science-Fiction.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

I deffintily gotta get me one of those :
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

The rate at which we come up with this cool stuff is the reason why scifi is getting harder to write. It's hard to make something look futuristic when someone keeps coming up with the things you imagine for 200 years in the future, now.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        The rate at which we come up with this cool stuff is the reason why scifi is getting harder to write. It's hard to make something look futuristic when someone keeps coming up with the things you imagine for 200 years in the future, now.
        thats whats fun about these days, all new fancy tech is made and upgraded each week for me to get and play with

Comment

I don't know if it counts or not but they also have a laser/virtual keyboard that uses a camera and laser to project light onto a desk in the shape of a keyboard. You can see it here: http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/
          "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

It is seriously cool. Shame it's still planar, but I'm sure they will beat that limitation in time. It kind of reminds me of that Professor thing in the first season of SeaQuest.

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              LOL, Sci-fi is completely screwed when we finally invent the shield it's all just a matter of time folks, matter of time...

Note:i jave NO idea if this is valid but my father told me that they actually made the beaming technology, they have only been able to beam a laser beam of light, but it's been done. Lol i dunno if the project was disbanded or something. Note:No insultin' my dad...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I will have to do some research but I believe I did read that somewhere they had teleported some particles, although I don't think very far.

Comment

Originally posted by vonbismarck
                  I don't know if it counts or not but they also have a laser/virtual keyboard that uses a camera and laser to project light onto a desk in the shape of a keyboard. You can see it here: http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/
                  That would be really useful. Ive gotta get one.
                  Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                  Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                  - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                  - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

It would be nice if we had that replicator thingie on Star Trek. I don't remember if it only did food or other things too but I still think it would be useful if just for food.

Comment

They did transport a few atoms, about 40 meters i think. some people will call that a small distance, but they have to realize that they just invented the tech and its still in an infancy stage, and in a couple a hundred years we may even have transporters for people or even in 10 years time. anything is possible

Comment

Working...
                      X