This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The N.I.D. Discussion Thread

I know an awful lot about the Stargate universe, however I have always been in the dark as to what the initals of this government agency actually stand for. Plus, is all of the N.I.D. so cold-hearted and mean in regards to aliens, or is it just some rogue faction within the organization?
    We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ship. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile

Originally posted by Prometheus
    I know an awful lot about the Stargate universe, however I have always been in the dark as to what the initals of this government agency actually stand for.
    Short answer: Nobody knows.

Plus, is all of the N.I.D. so cold-hearted and mean in regards to aliens, or is it just some rogue faction within the organization?
    Depends on the episode. Nowadays, it seems the rogue faction within the organization are the bad ones. The rest of the N.I.D. are just screwups.
    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 01 July 2004, 04:41 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Cool. Thanks. Always wondered about that. I have seen all the episodes with the N.I.D., but never knew what it stood for. I thought I was just missing something, but I guess not.
      We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ship. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile

Comment

I thought of this while i was reading the thread about the N.I.D. Hows about a guessing game as to what N.I.D. actualy means?

My Guess:
        National Iritating Detectives

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

I think it's already been established that N.I.D. stands for National Intelligence Directorate. Sorry to spoil your fun!
          Rocky

Comment

There was already a thread on this before...I'm too lazy to find it, but do a search, it is there. Mods will be along soon though, I am sure
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

National Intelligence Division

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season7/0720/

this source says NID stands for National Intelligence Division

Comment

Makes sense. Why didn't they just say so on the show?
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave

Yeah, but I think Ugly Pig is right. It has been said on several DVD commentaries that NID doesn't stand for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      I think it's already been established that N.I.D. stands for National Intelligence Directorate. Sorry to spoil your fun!
                      No it wasn't. They've never said what NID stands for, but the N and I are most likely National Intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave

You're trusting SciFi? It's not canon unless its in the show, or one of the PTB says so.

Comment

Alright, since two NID threads popped up at almost the same time I've decided to merge and rename them. So here's the place for discussing all things NID.

Feli
                          GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Actually N.I.D stands for what it really is: Non Identified Department. I believe someone has mentioned this on the other N.I.D guessing thread...
                            How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                            *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                            *Daniel notices*
                            Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                            Jonas: Y..yes?
                            *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                            Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                            Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                            Daniel:Uh...no...
                            Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Ahh... Sort of like the NSA which was known as No Such Agency untill the gov't declassified it.

Comment

Working...
                              X