This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model of affection

Nice short article by Tricia promoting Alberta.

From The Calgary Sun:

Model of affection

by Tricia Helfer
    Top Model — Mode Models
    2005-08-18

The Sun and Travel Alberta have teamed up to give readers the chance to enjoy our province in this special centennial year.

Tricia Helfer — courtesy www.triciahelfer.com

This is the last in a series of columns by homegrown celebrities that have showcased what makes Alberta special.

A weekly winner will win a travel mug and a grand prize winner will win a $500 Travel Alberta holiday!

• • • • •

One of my favourite things to do in Alberta is visit the mountains.

I love hiking in the summer, especially around Banff and Lake Louise.

The beauty of the lakes gets me every time!

And I like coming back to a nice hotel to crash and take a nice big Jacuzzi bath and have a nice meal.

My love of the mountains is probably from growing up just outside Donalda.

Our family weekend activity was hiking. We'd build a bonfire and roast marshmallows.

Recently, I took my husband (Los Angeles entertainment lawyer Jonathan Marshall, who is from New Orleans) and his parents to Jasper to show them the Icefields. He loves Alberta!

What makes Alberta special when I travel the world?

My husband and I are building a vacation house in Alberta on a bluff overlooking the coulee right by my parents' farm. This summer, we'll rent an RV and park it on the bluff, though we probably won't break ground for two years.

Meanwhile, I am in Vancouver shooting Battlestar Galactica, the sci-fi TV series.

And I just finished a feature film called Mem-(o)-re, a psychological thriller in which I play a painter, alongside a cast including Dennis Hopper, Ann Margaret, and Billy Zane. The movie is aimed for a fall release.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Thanks for this info i liked reading it.

Comment

Working...
    X