Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis- Still the most advanced city?? (possible spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis- Still the most advanced city?? (possible spoilers)

I was just wondering, we know that atlantis was built several millions years ago, and then went to pegasus to spread life, so what i want to know is atlantis still the most advanced city the ancients had , i know that they was ruins in fallen, that jonas said was gonna be the crown juel of the ancients civilisation, but that city looked like nothing compared to atlantis. So is there another more up to date city like atlantis (flying and stuff), that the ancients built whilst in pegasus or when they came back.

Comments would be appreciated
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

I doubt it, the whole point of Atlantis is that it is the the pinnical of Ancient technology and their legacy. Another flying city would just dilute SG:A and I don't think TPTB would do that
    sigpic

Comment

There might be smaller ones, more specialized in a certain field, which have more advanced technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
        I doubt it, the whole point of Atlantis is that it is the the pinnical of Ancient technology and their legacy. Another flying city would just dilute SG:A and I don't think TPTB would do that
        lol, no i didnt mean they find a better city that works , What i meant was is atlantis still the most advanced city, like they had over 5million years to make a better one. then the ancients could've destroyed it when they fled pegasus incase it fell into enemy hands.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          There might be smaller ones, more specialized in a certain field, which have more advanced technology.
          I like that theory

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            Spoiler:
            You got it almost right. There is a smaller one in the ep the tower and is speicalized as only the bit with the chair I think survives. The ancient warship in another later ep might be like a city, but it doesn't look like it from the pics.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
              Spoiler:
              You got it almost right. There is a smaller one in the ep the tower and is speicalized as only the bit with the chair I think survives. The ancient warship in another later ep might be like a city, but it doesn't look like it from the pics.
              Hmmm... interesting thanx dr. wier

Comment

I got the impression that...
                Spoiler:
                "The Tower" was about an ancient outpost similar to the one in Antartica
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                  Hmmm... interesting thanx dr. wier
                  You're welcome.
                  Originally posted by Steve the wraith
                  I got the impression that...
                  Spoiler:
                  "The Tower" was about an ancient outpost similar to the one in Antartica
                  Spoiler:
                  From what I read, I think it was on the Pegasus galaxy website, there was more to it but only the bit with the chair survives and it was orginially like a sister city, which was what the ep was called originally. Could be wrong.
                  The one in Antartica was also part of a city - Atlantis.
                  sigpic

Comment

can u post the link for that info, would like to read more about it. thx
                    There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

Heres the link for more info on "the tower" http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...showtopic=1565

Comment

nox are certainly close.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Camelot, supposedly one of the last episodes, in Sg-1 S9, Camelot is to Avalon, as Merlin is to Arthur, it stands to reason that it could turn out to be an Ancient outpost, ship, armoury, or even a city that rivals Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            Spoiler:
                            Camelot, supposedly one of the last episodes, in Sg-1 S9, Camelot is to Avalon, as Merlin is to Arthur, it stands to reason that it could turn out to be an Ancient outpost, ship, armoury, or even a city that rivals Atlantis.
                            Cool thx for the info.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:

Well according to the book that Daniel finds in Camelot that was built when the ancients first arrived in our galaxy, though it has, presumably, been updated a bit since then.
                              Last edited by Avatar28; 22 August 2005, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X