This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarah/Osiris/Daniel

This post is to discuss the relationship of ...you got it Daniel and Osiris/Sarah Post her pics, quotes, screen caps, jokes,chit chat, why you love them so much,and what there relationship could have been. Well get to it|| if you wish to that is

I'm so happy you made this thread. I love the character of Sarah/Osiris and her interactions with Daniel. I love seeing Daniel and her together; I think they have some of the best chemistry of anyone I've seen on Stargate, and if I had to pick a pairing, they'd be it. She created a wonderful window into Daniel's past and a serious, passionate, and captivating plot arc.

I was asked recently if I'd want to see her brought back to the show, and I'm very ambivalent. It's a question I've been pondering for a long while. I disliked Chimera and how it was done, though I loved the interaction I got between Sarah/Osiris and Daniel. My version of it is splicing all the dream sequences together with the 40 second reunion at the end. On one hand, yes I'd love to see her again, but because of Chimera I'm uneasy at how she'll be handled and wonder if it would be better just to leave her to my imagination than take the risk of being unhappy with another appearance. I really don't know. Although if someone told me that she would be in an upcoming episode, I would surely be bouncing around in sheer delight for the rest of the day.

A few things to share:
    • There's a short fanfic piece I'm fond of, but I can't seem to find it in my bookmarks *really frustrated*. I'll see if I can track it down.
    • ***talking about Abyss and Meridian below***
      This right here is probably one of the biggest reasons I love Mr. Mallozzi. It's from an old interview with him, but I can't provide the link right now, sorry.
      With only one season left to go for our four main characters how would you like to see them all at the end of season six, character wise? This doesn't necessarily mean how they will actually end up, but what you as a writer would like to do with them."

A: How would I like to see them? Well, if it was up to me, I’d be tempted to end things much the way the producers of Cheers ended their run: in the knowledge that our characters will continue to do the things we’ve grown to love them for. If I was told to "wrap things up", I’d like to see Bratac pass on the mantel of leadership to Teal’c. The Goa’uld finally defeated, Teal’c will return to a free Chulak a hero. I wouldn’t want to have either Jack or Sam leave the military but, if Jack decided to retire I’d certainly like to see him and Sam living happily everafter. Daniel must make the ultimate sacrifice to save Sarah. Taking a page from Orlin’s book, he DE-scends, assuming human form. He and Sarah join Carter (the new team leader, while Jack is off fishing with the kids) to continue their off-world explorations.
      Please don't take this as bashing, because it's not, but considering the things I've been unhappy with in Stargate in the past two years, I really wouldn't have minded the series ending like this at the end of season six. It would have been near perfect for me. I don't have much of an opinion on Sam and Jack, but I love this ending, especially the beautiful end to Daniel's ascension arc, giving up enlightment in which "[he] can't imagine doing or being anything other than what [he is]" (Abyss) in order to finally be able to save someone close to him from the horror of the Goa'uld, to which he's already lost so much. It would have been a perfect resolution to his very personal history with the Goa'uld. And in particular it would have been the perfect compliment to Meridian, in which he ascends to make a bigger difference because he feels he's failed Sha're and Sarah.[/GUSHING] I do appreciate the series living on, but this would have been really great too.

Comment

Yay! I found the fanfic link: Vindication I love it. It's so simple, but paints such a stunning and realistic AU of what could have happened.

And here's the link to the Joe Mallozzi interview: The Comfort Zone: Q&A with Joe Mallozzi
      It's at the very bottom. He's so wonderful. Reaching out to the fandom even back then.

Comment

See:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/anloplo/011.jpg
        http://mitglied.lycos.de/anloplo/009.jpg
        http://mitglied.lycos.de/anloplo/010.jpg
        http://mitglied.lycos.de/anloplo/012.jpg
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem
          Yay! I found the fanfic link: Vindication I love it. It's so simple, but paints such a stunning and realistic AU of what could have happened.
          Squee!

Hem. So, my take on the whole relationship is that it is insanely complex. Of course, it's really a triangular relationship, Osiris-Daniel-Sarah, but Osiris' feelings towards Daniel are coloured by Sarah's and Sarah is effectively locked out of any active role until Osiris is removed.

Osiris is a Goa'uld and, as such, doesn't much care for people as such. From Hathor, we know that one of the reasons the Goa'uld favour human hosts is that the sex is better, but it's rare for them to demonstrate much in the way of fuzzy feelings. So, what are Osiris' feelings for Daniel?

Well, from Revelations she appears to be upset that Daniel is dead, but then again she seemed willing to do him some pretty severe damage in Last Stand. I suspect then that she didn't so much feel an affection for Daniel as a possessive desire. Physically, Sarah's body responded to him and for a Goa'uld, where a relationship of any kind exists, they have to be - and I can't think of any other phrasing, I'm afraid - on top.

Moreover, there exists the strongest relationship of all for a Goa'uld: Vengeance. In The Curse, he beats her, resisting her attack and sticking her with a tranquiliser. Because of her, she is forced to flee from a handful of humans. Then in Summit/Last Stand he drugs her, attacks her and humiliates her in front of Yu. In Revelations, perhaps she is annoyed that he is dead because it means that he's got away from her. This take is held out by the fact that she is willing to kill him in Chimera; it's okay for him to be dead, as long as she does it.

Sarah's emotions must be even more conflicted. She was clearly the driving force of the relationship with Daniel; she wanted him and he seems to have been happy to go along with it, but she put the hours in. The relationship proper lasted only two months and he pushed her away; she almost certainly was pretty bitter about it. She then didn't see Daniel for at least six years and when he came back he couldn't tell that there was a scheming alien wrapped around her brainstem.

Tell me that isn't going to smart.

So she spends three years watching herself commit various atrocities, before finally being released. What is she going to feel now?

Well, Daniel has changed a lot since their parting and she's seen - and felt - the sharp end of that when they met on the space station. She - or Osiris - may well also have sussed that his key objective was to learn the location of the lost city, then to rescue her and again, that's going to hurt. he will also be a constant reminder of what happened to her; it will be hard for her to be close to him.

And Daniel: Well, he's loved and lost since then and his feelings for Sha're seem to have been stronger than his feelings for Sarah. He feels responsible for Sarah and is clearly fond of her, but I don't think he was ever in love with her.

So in general, I see the relationship as a tragic one, which will never come to fruition, but which could inflict considerable angst trying.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I loved the Sarah character. She showed us a lot about Daniel's past and who he was before he became who he IS (as if that makes ANY sense). I thought she was a complex, important character and deserved more resolution than she got. I don't know that there are any plans to bring her back again, and that's just a shame. Her relationship with Daniel, romantic or otherwise was too important to have just been swept under the carpet. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TracysTrails
              I don't know that there are any plans to bring her back again, and that's just a shame.
              The actress is busy working in England - if she had time I am sure they would have brought her back
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                The actress is busy working in England - if she had time I am sure they would have brought her back
                She's a very talented actress so I can see why she would busy. I'd like to see a nice long run of this new era of Stargate, and at least one more visit from Sarah Gardner before all is done.

Comment

Originally posted by TracysTrails
                  She's a very talented actress so I can see why she would busy. I'd like to see a nice long run of this new era of Stargate, and at least one more visit from Sarah Gardner before all is done.
                  That would be nice - she has appeared in Dr. Who recently

See her IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0687491/
                  love Torri

Comment

Working...
                  X