This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking advantage

Surely the Wraith have power sources even though their ships are partly biological, if we could down enough wraith darts we could incorporate their power systems into Atlantis therefore providing slightly more power to the city. What would be quite cool is just installing the asgard teleportation device and have it linked to the life signs detector so that when a Wraith is detected in Atlantis then the teleporter sends it into the atmosphere. Simple way od dealing with them easily. Or straight into the ocean. Either way they probably die unless they happen to have just fed upon a few hundred people so they then are invincible.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

The only way to power Atlantis properly is to use a ZPM - so we may as well concentrate on finding more
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      The only way to power Atlantis properly is to use a ZPM - so we may as well concentrate on finding more
      Yeah that's right and as for adding asgard beaming technology to Atlantis the wraith found a way to block it from entering their ships so they might work out how to block it on Atlantis. If not it might work but there'll be no more fight scenes there. The wraith will have to be beamed into outer space as no living thing could survive there unprotected.
      Last edited by Dr Weir; 14 August 2005, 02:12 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Atlantis needs ZPMs but Earth also needs all the knowledge they can handle so knowing how the Wraith power a ten thousand + year old ship would be nice... then again finding out how the Ancients do the same would be even better.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I wonder how many ZPMs the Wraith captured during their 100 year war with the Ancients. More importantly, i wonder how many they still posess.

Comment

I doubt they got many - the things powered by ZPM's were the most fortified
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
              I wonder how many ZPMs the Wraith captured during their 100 year war with the Ancients. More importantly, i wonder how many they still posess.
              There's no evidence that they need them or captured any, but if in brotherhood humans were given the job of keeping one safe from the wraith so maybe the wraith did want them. Also if ancients ships were captured they could have had zpms, but from before I sleep the wraith seemed more interested in destroying them. They might use a diff power source through and not know how to produce the zpms. The wraith might just keep some around just as trophies from winning the war.
              sigpic

Comment

Given their level of tech, I doubt they were integrating ZPMs into their system unless they've managed to use them as a model for creating their own power systems. My reasoning is that given the number of ships and the amount of them in hibernation they'd have:
                1.) needed to replace the ZPMs in which case they'd have to know how to build one, making capturing them unnecessary.
                2.) If they can't build them then wiping out those who can was a bad move and they'd be as hungry for a power replacement as they are food.
                3.) They had ships before the war with the ancients so their power systems must have been at least half decent and fully integrated.
                4.) If they have ZPMs they shouldn't be so slow in getting around and as a result have no problems getting to the Milky Way

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                X