Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you were in the Military and found out that Stargate was real

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do if you were in the Military and found out that Stargate was real

My first thought would be do u know anything about the Ferlings. lol j/k i would find out if anything from the show was even close to what it was actually like
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

If I were in the military I would immediately start trying to transfer to that unit.

a time to mourn

Comment

Same, I would find out what I needed to do to get assigned their and do it!
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

If it turned out that the *Stargate* program was real, my mind would be so turned around that the next thing I'd want to reality check was whether or not the actors and stories we've been watching were really part of the real SGC! Heck if everything turned out to be real, I'd join up. If the Stargate program was real but everything else we've been watching was still completely fiction, I'd want to evaluate the "real" program a bit before I signed up. I wouldn't want to work in something like that unless I trusted the people involved. If I didn't trust them I think I would prefer to remain as blissfully ignorant as possible.

FYI: The Vancouver Convention GateWorld Badge is here!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadette
          If I didn't trust them I think I would prefer to remain as blissfully ignorant as possible.
          No way!!! I would definitely try to join up, over and over again if I was unsuccessful!! No matter what the stargate programme is like, I couldn't turn down the chance to travel to diff planets and fight aliens that might be the goa'uld and the wraith!
          sigpic

Comment

If the stargate turned out to be real and I was still in the military, I would resign straight away. The way our governments are for REAL, we would have all been sold to the Goa'uld as hosts or have 24 hours left before Earth was splatted.
            To be fair if the stargate was real the aliens might all be tree-hugging hippies(cool) and come in peace so we wouldn't need a military (hooray!).

Comment

If I was still in the service and the stargate was real, I would try my darndest to convince TPTB that the stargate program could not survive without a Navy corpsperson.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
                To be fair if the stargate was real the aliens might all be tree-hugging hippies(cool) and come in peace so we wouldn't need a military (hooray!).
                True but it is also reasonable to assume that there is at least one race hell bend on dominating the Galaxy
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

My first thought would be "Dammit, why didn't I go to the Navy like my daddy did?" Then I'd think "Oh well, sure, sign me up - uh - science and research only. I'd hate to miss General Hospital just to save the world."

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Like many of you have already posted, I would do anything and everything to become at least in some capacity, part of the SGC, or whatever they would call it in real life. I can't even imagine a more exciting and vital job to have than being a part of something as important as the stargate would be.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd get myself assigned to the SGC

Ace
                      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I'd try and get assigned to be a pilot on the Daedalus, failing that at least to pilot one of the 302s. Failing that I'd settle to be on SG-1, but I'd want to pick and choose who I have on my team, I'd keep Teal'c and Sam and then give Daniel an office job, he sucks with a gun, I'd get rid of Mitchell as well just because I've always hated Farscape. In their places I would have Jonas back and then I would just have some random token hot woman as a fifth member of my team. Anything less than that and I wouldn't bother as they just seem to do recon and have to follow everything SG-1 says even if the leader is a higher rank than the leader of SG-1.
                        "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
                        Woman:What
                        Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Knowing me id either try and get assinged to the unit or just stowaway myself and try to get myself onboard Deadalus or something like that.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

If I found out that it were real, I'd do my utmost to get the gate transferred to MY organisation and run the programme MY way in my OWN big shed.

Then I'd step back into reality and realise I will NEVER have that sort of clout.

So the transfer forms would start rolling of the printer and heading off to where the air's really thin.

Comment

I would run around and scream like a little girl, then beg to meet an Asgard!

Comment

Working...
                              X