Shawn the Wraith (Wraith from Condemned) Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawn the Wraith (Wraith from Condemned) Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Who loved this guy? Major kudos to James (I forget the actor's last name). This made the Wraith even scarier. We know they use castes as social heirarchy, but their "government" really only goes as far as a Hive Ship. Well, Shawn just made it much more interesting. We see a more cultured Wraith, drinking wine and eating a meal that wasn't living. He managed to be more threatening then a normal Wraith, with this level of culture. He made me think a lot of Christopher Lee's Dracula. Plus the scene where he mentioned killing the Magistrate's old cook was brillaint. A lot like Johnny Depp's line in Once Upon A Time In Mexico. "I love this. It's slow simmered pork in a nice marinade. I love it so much, I go back, and kill the cook."

The best part, he's still around! With his distinctive costume and great attitude, I am looking forward to more of Shawn the Wraith!
    Last edited by Infernorhythm; 12 August 2005, 07:02 PM.
    Rush rocks.

^It's Steve's cousin Shawn.

Yes, excellent addition to the Wraith clan. James Lafazanos makes for great Wraiths.

Comment

you really should put "Spoiler Warning up top"...
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Done and done. Shawn really reminded me of Dracula. Must have been the wine drinking...
        Last edited by Infernorhythm; 12 August 2005, 07:04 PM.
        Rush rocks.

Comment

Yep, i thought he rocked. His line about keeping "his" people fed makes me wonder if he is pretty high up on his hive ship's chain of command. I wonder if he had control over those cruisers that showed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
            Yep, i thought he rocked. His line about keeping "his" people fed makes me wonder if he is pretty high up on his hive ship's chain of command. I wonder if he had control over those cruisers that showed up?
            That's a possibility. Obviously Shawn got there somehow. Riding in style in a Wraith Cruiser doesn't seem out of Shawn's league. But the Wraith have the telepathic connection to their "psychic network" and can probably communicate via telepathy. So Shawn could have "asked" for the Cruisers to stop over when he needed them.
            Last edited by TechnoWraith; 12 August 2005, 07:21 PM. Reason: For Sale: Wraith Cruiser. Low lightyears. Like New! Features: DVD-player, 3600 Watt Stereo System, Rims, Spoiler, Intergalactic Locator, Flame Motif. Call 1-888-Wraith-Ships.

Comment

Haven't seen that ep, but I can see what u mean, just the thought of a wraith drinking wine sounds so weird!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Shawn's definitely my second favorite wraith so far (still can't beat the "original," Steve). He just seemed so suave sitting there drinking wine. I'm sure all the female wraiths just swoon over him. Plus, we actually kinda found out more about his species.
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Wow, I gave the Wraith the nickname and it's sticking. I guess I know how the guy who named Greg (Wraith from Defiant One) must feel. Pretty cool.

Anyway, who else digged his threads? More armor, and more cultured then the other males. Sure, the leather trenchcoat is cool, but this was a cool new design and just worked. Seriously getting Dracula vibes from him. I have to rewatch it again just for him...

Who wants to see Shawn as the big bad, or at least recurring bad for the season?
                  Rush rocks.

Comment

yes, but how did he get named shawn?!?! was it over at gateworld and i missed it or something? or did infernorythym just make that up...

yes, it was kind of weird to see him eating like a human. gave us some real insight there. and the wine part was just strange. "the finer things in life, you know..."
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

^I think Inferno just made the name up.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                        yes, but how did he get named shawn?!?! was it over at gateworld and i missed it or something? or did infernorythym just make that up...

yes, it was kind of weird to see him eating like a human. gave us some real insight there. and the wine part was just strange. "the finer things in life, you know..."
                        Uh, I named him. I tried to go for a more cultured name to go along with his character, while still keeping the average name motif of the male Wraith. We've had Steve, Bob, and the unofficially named Greg from Defiant One. Shawn seemed a bit less common so I chose that.
                        Rush rocks.

Comment

yeah it was a good ep but it just proves that the wraith are more human.and i wonder if we give the wraith heart burn

Comment

If I might be so bold, perhaps "Sean" is a more sophisticated spelling? I always thought of "Shawn" as the Americanized, les formal version of "Sean". But I don't know everything, and name origions is in no way my specialty.

I like how this ep addresses the "flat Wraith" complaints about Season 1. I think they knew they had to flesh out the Wraith more in S2, and from this ep, and the descriptions of upcoming ones, they seem to be on track.

Comment

Rewatched the episode. Shawn grew even more for me. This guy is amazing! I like Shawn better as a name. The spelling is more natural. I don't know. The name "Shawn/Shaun/Sean" just works, so lets at least keep that.

Anyway, onto the character! First off, his costume. Leather breastplate, with a leather strap from shoulder to opposite side of the waist. Layered shoulder armor, with armored limbs in a black scaly leather. All in all, much better then the standard black leather trenchcoat.

The way he acted, suave and cool rocked. As someone said, the female Wraiths must be all over him. The way he talked was utterly brillaint. He managed to instill fear, and seem utterly evil, while still maintaining a cultured, intellegent voice. "I do enjoy the...finer things in life." His mention about providing for the other Wraith obviously would put him at say, the head of a Hive ship (makes me wonder if that's going to be the one in Lost Boys...), and sounds a lot like a mafia don. That's what he is, Dracula meets a mafia don. I love it.

My guess is he caught a ride on the Wraith cruiser at the end and went back to his Hive ship. I hope to see more of him.
                              Rush rocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X