This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Fansite Help

I am building a stargate fan site at the moment (gradually at the rate I am doing it will be done in about 20-30 years lol and it won't be half as good as gateworld). But I would like to include pictures on my website but I don't know how I get pictures (as in do I need to get them direct from MGM) or if I am aloud them due to copyright.

Could some one please help me as i cannot continue with the site till I know.

Lego Puddle Jumpers forever

you could do a a google search for stargate screen caps...then when you find a site with lots of pictures, email the site owner and ask for his/her permission to use them.

Normally they'll only require that you include a link back to their site.

Hope that helps
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

www.stargatecaps.com is a good site
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

yeah and there's http://www.stargatesg1971.com (i think) too!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

For factual information see http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/index.shtml

and www.stargatehandbook.org
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

So these cap sites do they require me to get in touch with them or are they there for the taking?

Comment

Best to get in touch they probably wont mind as long as you save your own copies rather than hotlinking
              love Torri

Comment

Could you tell us alittle about this site? show us its layot?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Sorry it isn't up at the moment and well I really need a web server (I think I may ahve found one) but tomorrow gonna ask my mate if he wants to give us a hand on it but i got teh domain name registered (have done for some time). I think I was actually quiote lukcy to get the domain name, I was surprised taht it ahnd't gone.

www.thealphasite.co.uk

Comment

You can find lots of hosts at www.freewebspace.net and www.free-web-hosts.com

In my experience Bravehost isnt that good
                    love Torri

Comment

unfortunatly i will require paying hosting so I can ahev a mysql databse and to be able to use php extensions

Comment

Dreamhost.com is good. I also had a domain on hostrocket.com but they're pretty expensive but the service is great.

And about the screen captures, most webmasters allow people to use them for personal use or a part of layouts and whatnot. It's in bad form to download all the screen captures and use them as your own gallery even if you contacted the owner.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Yeah linking to the site is better and it saves you money
                          love Torri

Comment

if i did my own screen caps would i be aloud to use them or would it be counted as some sort of breaking of copyright.

Comment

Try contacting the webmaster of stargatecaps he will know [email protected]
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X