Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last five episodes of SG1 have just felt a bit flat to me! I think its the whole no real team spirit! Once Carter gets back I think it will start to feel a little bit more like SG1 and then I will look forward to a season 10 of SG1

Comment

The team was broken up and just got put to gather it will take alittle time to get back to where it was.
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

i think there will be season 10 of SG1, the tptb said they were going to end S9 with a cliffhanger, so there must be something after that
        and seas 3 of SGA, well if they make a S10 of SG1, bound to be a S3 of SGA

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          Sliders was good till the last season when they dropped Jerry O'Connel. Till then is was great... If they had brought him back the show could of lived.... Sg1 on the other hand is still great I want to see it go on.
          yeah i agree, the first 3 seasons especially were great
          then they had a falling out with Jerry O'Connel, and it went down hill from there, they believed they could do better without him, they were wrong

luckly, stargate doesn't have that problem, its still a good and still getting good ratings
          and theres no reason y it cant carry on for awhile longer yet
          would seem pretty stupid for sci-fi to cancel one of there highest rated shows

Comment

I would defenitley LOVE a season 10 & season 3!

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Hopefully the big-wigs at sci-fi know they'd have a riot on their hands if they dared take away our stargate shows. Wise up sci-fi, stick with something good.
              And you truly believe they care, about fans? They care about one thing, as demonstrated by the newly cut intro's to both shows....the bottom line.....MONEY. When and if they can't make enough money from sponsers, they will cancel the series faster tha you can say SG-1 rocks. So keep watching, so the sponsers will have an audience to "sell" to.

Sad fact, but a very real one. They could care less about fans.......we don't pay their inflated salaries, do we?

Sorry for sounding so negative, I'm not having a very good day....maybe I better take my leave.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

in the third season of atlantis they should have an episode showing who the "hot zone" virus creaters r & in SG-1 season 10 they should have an episode showing the return of the "foothold" aliens.

Hallowed are the orii especially orii7

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

I believe renewal for both shows is already a lock. SciFi would not cancel their highest rated shows without something that at least has the potential for higher ratings to replace them. SciFi doesn't have any proven replacements and they would be taking an awful chance replacing either one with something new and unproven. What if the new shows tanked? What would they do then?? Nah. SciFi isn't canceling their meal tickets.

OK, what about MGM/Sony?? What people don't seem to realize is that SG1 is just as big if not bigger in countries other than the U.S. That along with the DVD sales in all those countries is probably making MGM/Sony a pretty sizable chunk of change.

I would be extremely surprised if any of the big three are canceled - especially with the ratings as solid as they have been this year. Remember, the decision will be made based on the first 10 episodes. We are already halfway there. Even if ratings slip a bit from here there simply will not be enough data to suggest the dip would continue.

If ratings go south from here, we should be worried about S11/S4 - not S10/S3. Once again, I feel another year is already assured. I just hope they announce it soon so there isn't a plethora of "Should there be another season?" threads.

Comment

Gotta agree with you. Personally, I can't wait to be watching these shows next season. And I don't see the ratings plummeting this season either. Most of the future episodes look even better than what we've already seen. I can't wait to see how things play out in the stargate universe.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think the shows are in danger for a while. Just look at the new casting choices if you want more evidence. I remember looking down the cast lists of Trek episodes and going 'who are these people?' But when I do the same for new Stargate episodes I'm like 'WOW!' More on that in another thread . . .

Frankly, I am more concerned about the series being cancelled for reasons outside SciFi's control. I am still haunted by a dream I had a few days ago where whatshisname dies so the SGC had no commander and they could never finish season 9. Of course there have been shows which have survived the death of a star ::cough::8simplerules::cough:: . . . but that was network TV which is another issue altogether.

~Sarah, who thinks it's unfair to compare Gateheads and Trekkies (yes that's what I *like* to be called)
                      Last edited by startrekempress; 29 August 2005, 10:40 AM. Reason: Forgot a parenthesis . . . can't lose my reputation can I?
                      Call me Sarah . . .
                      • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                      • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                      • Trek forever!

Comment

I don't think we need to worry, barring a ratings crash later on, which, again, I don't think we need to worry.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait for next season. And hopefully, the season after that too. I love these shows, and BSG too. Friday night is the best tv entertainment I get all week. I like the directions all three shows seem to be headed in.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                          X