This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible spin off's

ok.... we all know that SG1 isa gonna come to an end, be it this year or in ten years time. so what type of spin offs would you like to see?

personally i would like to see one with the ancients, i mean it actually follows the ancients and no humans as it would be interesting to find out excactly how they met their demise and stuff.

i know that some people will say that this idea is boring as they were all powerful and there won't be much action but the ancients had there fair share of action (wraith, plague and orii) and so following the mythology of the ancients would be very interesting especially that alliance thing with the four races and the trial and tribulations it took to create it.

another possible spin off is one where we follow a ship like the deadelus but that would be tooooo star treky and would just be copying.
    my Blog, please visit and leaved a comment

Furings.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I don't think the idea about watching the end of the Ancients would be boring, but maybe it is not enough material for a full series. It would make a great mini-series, though, sort of like Battlestar Galactica's mini-series, showing the Ancients' demise.

I would like to see the Furlings in a spin-off at some point . I'm really curious about them and their origins, so any show that deals with the Furlings at all would be a winner in my book.

Comment

I had a thought the other day after watching The Ties That Bind and seeing the lucian Alliance. A sort of Stargate crime division, An agency that tracks intragalactic criminals and tries to take down organized crime. On one hand I think it's wacky... on the other I'm fascinated by the possibilities.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Maybe a story in the past about the four great races, and that meeting place from 'Torment of Tantalus' is seen. I also want to see what happened to the Ancients, that would be cool!
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I wouldn't mind Stargate: 2050 or something along that lines...it's the future now, Stargate Command is still around but now SG teams have much more high-tech weapons and gadgets. They still use the stargate, but also star ships.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

ur right a mini series about the ancients will be excellent.

also nice idea about a series based on the smugglers in the stragate universe... perhaps a series about crime fighters and smugglers in those backwater planets struggling to survive after the demise of the goauld.

the furlings will be an excellent topic as we know little about them so the wirters will have a blank slate and not have to worry about it making sense in the stargate universe which will hopefully mean they can do more stuff with the charecters, however one pitfall i see is that the writers will have to get rid of the pre concieved notion that we (the viewers) have of the furlings which is one of a cute race that are furry and like dolls so maybe the writers will change their name to something much more better and the name furlings is just a "nickname" for the "furling".

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                I wouldn't mind Stargate: 2050 or something along that lines...it's the future now, Stargate Command is still around but now SG teams have much more high-tech weapons and gadgets. They still use the stargate, but also star ships.
                Star Gate: The Next Generation

Comment

Originally posted by sq40
                  Star Gate: The Next Generation
                  LOL, but then we are going to need to have a stargate with a space station

Stargate: SS9 (space Station)

then one where they are stranded from the homebase

Stargate Atlantis (i know very original)

then a prequel, but that's already been doen (the movie)

Comment

I miss the Goa'uld, so perhaps a spin-off focusing on them regaining power... Or more specifically.... I don't know.... Sobek? Then they could say that the Goa'uld they killed at the feast, wasn't really him... He had swapped bodies with someone else, and he since then has been working on something secret

Yes, wishful thinking...

Comment

Given the stargate can go most places, a starship one would be most pointless! The only way a starship one could be done is if a ship got stranded in some other galaxy (the foothold aliens galaxy perhaps) and it came across various alien cultures trying to get home and gradually learning more about the "foothold" aliens before outsmarting them in the last disapppinting episode where the sexy female alien falls in love with the second in command. (where did that come from???) they also meet an obligatory friendly alien on a random planet who they take with them as he is outcast from his former home.

But as you say, that would be copying if you interchange foothold for borg, and change the odd detail.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I really can't see the point of any spinoffs. I want StarGate to carry on as long as possible, but I don't want to see it go down the Highlander road. Possibly if they still have unfinished stories then they could do a couple of mini-series to tie up all the loose ends. Topics like the Furlings/Ancient Alliance etc would draw in huge viewing crowds. Although I hope they are all gone into from SG-1 & SGA rather than any more spin-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by alterran1
                          personally i would like to see one with the ancients, i mean it actually follows the ancients and no humans as it would be interesting to find out excactly how they met their demise and stuff.

i know that some people will say that this idea is boring as they were all powerful and there won't be much action but the ancients had there fair share of action (wraith, plague and orii) and so following the mythology of the ancients would be very interesting especially that alliance thing with the four races and the trial and tribulations it took to create it.
                          I like it This would definitely be my choice I'm personally very interested in knowing how the Alliance was formed and what obstacles may have come up. And yeah, all the history, about how they separated into two groups, the plague and the wraith (although we're gonna get a lot of that in the upcoming eps and seasons).
                          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I have the prefect idea for a spin-off! Stargate: Destiny! It's mine! Mine I tell you! No, check it out. I've been working on it for a while.

And Stargate: Horizon isn't bad either.
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                              Maybe a story in the past about the four great races, and that meeting place from 'Torment of Tantalus' is seen. I also want to see what happened to the Ancients, that would be cool!
                              what we can do is have earth build a third battlecruiser, and while in action fighting the ori, the battlecruiser is suck into a black hole and travel back in time to when the four great race were still around, there they learn more about the furling, ancient, nox and asgard and try to find a way back.

Comment

Working...
                              X