This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why did the ancients leave

does anyone have any good ideas as to why they left their home galaxy, Was it due to war, persecution, ideological differences pleas post theories if you have any, oh have they said the name of their home galaxy

well we don't know what their home galaxy is so its hard to say, but millions of years ago, they left the Milky Way because of a Plague which wiped out all live in our galaxy.

they recreated life, then went to Pegasus, but from what we know of Ayiana in S6, when they left they either hadn't cured the disease when they left, or they left to cure the disease and when they did, never came back for her

later they returned to earth, which was 10,000 years ago because they were at war with the Wrath and were losing.

then finally, after they came back here, they Ascended.

the problem is, the PTB's have never given an acruate account of events and thats how i see it, however others who have put more thought into would probably tell you otherwise, but plague, war and ascention is why they left

sigpic

Comment

S9 Spoiler

Spoiler:
      In Avalon we are told that they went somewhere, someone who understands the episodes Avalon, please explain further becuase i dont get it!

Comment

S9 Spoiler

Spoiler:
        The Ancients or Alterrans left their home Galaxy about 50 million years ago(the original earth gate is that old). The journey itself took 1000's of years.

Why they left we don't know but the Ori reffered to them as betrayers, so I'm going with the theory that they left because of religious persecution.
        sigpic

Comment

They went in search of the mythical Furlings.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm guessing it was high property taxes....

Comment

I think the best guess would be that they left due to a falling out with those who are now called the Ori. The fact that they shielded both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies that they saw the Ori as dangerous. And since their views are diametrically opposed to the Ori's, and we know they are somewhat passivist, one would expect them to leave given the situation with the Ori.

Comment

The food they ate was poisoned.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iggep
                  I think the best guess would be that they left due to a falling out with those who are now called the Ori. The fact that they shielded both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies that they saw the Ori as dangerous. And since their views are diametrically opposed to the Ori's, and we know they are somewhat passivist, one would expect them to leave given the situation with the Ori.
                  They do seem passivist. I'm sure they rather run from a fight rather then see it through
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Why not leave? Lets assume that their lives are relativly worry free. Their tech protects them, and they can advance and become an incredible cizilisation. Now, assuming that they are more advanced then us and the majority of their population is not happy to play computer games, millions of years exploring one galaxy doesn't leave much to do. They decided to expand their horizons. It should really be expected. Forinstance, once we filled our little part of the world, we went off exploring (we applies to virtually every civillisation on this planet, not one in particular, incase you were wondering), and explord the world. After a while of doing that, we went around the world in space, then branched out to the moon, sent probes outside the solar system, etc...

Exploring a new galaxy was just the next step...
                    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                      well we don't know what their home galaxy is so its hard to say, but millions of years ago, they left the Milky Way because of a Plague which wiped out all live in our galaxy.

they recreated life, then went to Pegasus, but from what we know of Ayiana in S6, when they left they either hadn't cured the disease when they left, or they left to cure the disease and when they did, never came back for her

later they returned to earth, which was 10,000 years ago because they were at war with the Wrath and were losing.

then finally, after they came back here, they Ascended.

the problem is, the PTB's have never given an acruate account of events and thats how i see it, however others who have put more thought into would probably tell you otherwise, but plague, war and ascention is why they left

thanks!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                        Why not leave? Lets assume that their lives are relativly worry free. Their tech protects them, and they can advance and become an incredible cizilisation. Now, assuming that they are more advanced then us and the majority of their population is not happy to play computer games, millions of years exploring one galaxy doesn't leave much to do. They decided to expand their horizons. It should really be expected. Forinstance, once we filled our little part of the world, we went off exploring (we applies to virtually every civillisation on this planet, not one in particular, incase you were wondering), and explord the world. After a while of doing that, we went around the world in space, then branched out to the moon, sent probes outside the solar system, etc...

Exploring a new galaxy was just the next step...
                        Prior to SG Atlantis's Origins we could probably accept this explanation. But I think the clues are enough now that it would more probably be explained as a consequance of the differences with the Ori. The Ancients shielding of both the Pegasus and Milky Way galaxies would lend some circumstantial weight to that.

Comment

Working...
                        X