This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Ancients went back to Earth

I was just going over some older threads, and there was a question about where the Goa'uld got there technology.

There is a theory.
    Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!

According to the SGA Season 1 Episode Before I sleep, the Ancients went back to earth 10,000 years ago because of the siege from the Wraith, while according to the movie RA (RE depending on where you read) found earth 10,000 years ago and took a human host. Now while there is alot of gray areas in that, Being the Ancients went back to earth 10 millenia ago at the same time RA landed on earth and became the pain he was. What are the chances that RA didin't get his hands on Ancient technology and adapt it to his ship? It has been proven that the Ancients made the ring transporter, so RA snatched that, it has been suggested the the Goa'uld hyperdrive is a poor rip off from Ancient design not to mention other technology. Whats your opinion on all of that?

Last edited by jaden10; 05 August 2005, 04:00 PM.

Yes - 'older threads' being the key phrase. What you have said is common knowledge, and was no doubt mentioned in the thread you are trying to resurrect.

But as you have started it up - I have a question for you. Why does it matter that the ancients when back to earth at the same time he showed up. From what has been said in atlantis, the 'last of our people [the ancients]' went back to earth, where they mingled with humans, spreading stories of atlantis.

The point I'm making here is that the ancients were seemingly low on numbers and weren't doing any of the architectural wizadary they used to do. However, as has been said in atlantis, the ancients explored the milky way for millions of years and city left earth millions of years ago, after the millions of years of exploration. They would almost certainly have left much of their civilisation behind, if not on earth (cos lets face it, they packed up and left) then on another planet they encountered. But it's more than likely that they left scraps of their tech behind them on earth, which is how Ra got them - not because there were a few ancients there at the time.

also, 10,000 years is a very rounded term, maybe the last of the ancients died before ra arrived, maybe they went home then left again to another part of the galaxy - who knows? but it's much more probable that the goa'uld got their tech from scraps left behind, I mean, would you like to have to remove all the ring transporters on a planet and not miss one?

Last point - i'm sorry if you take this offensivly, it's really not meant to be an personal attack on you jaden10, but i'm sure I read this thread, and like all the others like it, it has come to the same conclusion backed up by several seasons worth of SG1 and SGA.
    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

No offense taken what-so-ever. I can't say I am a expert in the stargate story line, I keep finding things I don't remember seeing when I watch older episode.
      Yes I know 10000 years is a very rounded number. But it stands to reason that there is a good chance that Ra may have bumbed into a ancient or 2 when it first arrived and stayed there. And I am sure that RA wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a human and a ancient even if his life depended on it. It's just a couriosity that may be worth exploring.

Comment

by the way, human and ancient are the same species, just different evolutionary chains that create it, ancients are just advacned humans because the evolved earlier, well be ancinets in time.
        the goauld are scavengers, therefore if Ra encountered the ancients in his day then he would have nicked anything he could of, they got the sarcofagus, the rings, maybe naquadah(and therefore liquid naquadah and therfore staffs and zats), the stargate, probebly shields and engines also........so the goauld are actually juust ancient rip off, which i remind you is what were becoming ( with a bit of asgard thrown in).
        the specific date is irrelevent, the ancients gene is proof the ancients were on earth a while and probebly inderacted with the goauld but not directly, just played the part of normal human while stockpiling drone to kick their ass in the future.....we dont know, maybe itll be cleared up soon.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
          And I am sure that RA wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a human and a ancient even if his life depended on it.
          lol! Yes, I don't think he could. It is an interesting idea tho, it's just that goa'uld's tech is such a crappy mish-mash that it's almost a certainty that the goa'ulds just stole it without understanding.

But lets continue insulting Ra, afterall, he is pretty thick, it took him a while to realise that that big metal package with a timer onit was going to explode!

It's a shame the ancients never used any of those drones you reckon they were stockpiling. the ancients won't destroy the goa'ulds, the asgard left it too late, the nox love everyone and who the hell are the furlings? Why are all the advanced races unwilling to rid the universe from evil. Does advanced tech make you super lazy or something. It seems to make you super arrogant (the ancients were very arrogant 'til they got their asses handed to them by the wraith, the tollan call us primative, the asgard use us cos we're stupid, etc, etc, etc).
          "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

I think it is a very good idea, I believe the Goa'uld were an incredibly primitive race, even compared to us, when before Ra got his hands on a human host. Who knows if he even had a ship before he came to Earth, as an Unas he could have used the Stargate to travel, then he could have gotten a hold on some Ancient technology and built himself one, and knowledge of the technology and the human race spread throughout the Goa'uld, until they all have developed to a point near where they are now.

Owen Macri

Comment

i think that RA got his hands on ancient tech on other planets in the milkyway he could have adapted that to his ship and got the hyperspace tech weapons and rings

also as there is a stargate first located in egypt that makes me think the ancients were living in that area also typically where RA landed and took his human host

so im guessing that place was also full of ancient tech i.e the zpm sg1 got in mobius it may have been there all along and RA just found it
              "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

Ya, and seeing as the Ancients bascially scattered their technology all over the place before they found their enlightend philosphy of not interfering with lower cultures, they probably missed some stuff.

So, yes, a lot of technology could probably have been found elsewhere in the Milky Way.

Also you have to remember that Ra brought the Egyptian Stargate to Earth, so if the Ancients returned before he brought the gate, they would have ended up living in Antarctica. However it seems more likley that they were going to Egypt based on the clothes they were wearing when they left Atlantis. I am sure they have some version of a M.A.L.P.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                X