Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would convert to Orii's religion, if Priors came to Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would convert to Orii's religion, if Priors came to Earth?

Origin spoiler
    The Priors missionaries was detain by SGC, Mitchell told him that he will never be allow to preach the Orii 's religion to people of Earth. then the Prior burn himself up or something.

Can SGC do anything if the Priors came to Earth and preach the book of Orii?
    if one Prior come to Earth in Secret (by ship?), then he start his little church in some small town, by the time time SGC or the government knew about him , it would be too late.
    Because Earth is not such prefect place, if the Priors can heal a few sick people , offer foods to the staving, security to the people who live in fear.
    Consider Earth is not exactly a prefect happy place with a lot of unhappy people
    Who would join the Orii faith willingly?
    The poor, the staving , the disillusion people of the main stream religion, the Angry teens , unhappy families, the unemploy
    People will start lining up for conversion, the main steam religion would not be able to complete if Orii offer something substantial like power ,foods and good health.
    With the right PR guy , the Orii would be quite popular, if they convert a few celebities,set up missionary in war torn Africa.
    Start a few shelter for homeless.
    my point is that the Priors can be more dangerous and effective if they set themself up as a registered religion with Tax exemption status than spoiler unleash a deadly plague on Earth *****

Six hours of praying a day???

Count me out!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
      Let's hope the Orii don't think of that - that does sound worse than a plauge, lol.

But ... I don't think that most people would go in droves to become part of the Orii religion. Also, the Orii don't seem like do-gooders, they seem mostly like, "do it my way or be cement mixing".

...plus there's the issue of the creepy look...
      Yeah, I mean, I would take one look at them and hide lol.

Comment

Let's hope the Orii don't think of that - that does sound worse than a plauge, lol.

But ... I don't think that most people would go in droves to become part of the Orii religion. Also, the Orii don't seem like do-gooders, they seem mostly like, "do it my way or be cement mixing".

...plus there's the issue of the creepy look...
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          Six hours of praying a day???

Count me out!
          Hallelujah, sista.

*back and feet hurt already*
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Okay, off topic here but...

What just happened to the posting order??

My reply came before your original post O-Ra!

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Okay, off topic here but...

What just happened to the posting order??

My reply came before your original post O-Ra!
              Thank God someone else noticed I thought i was going crazy seeing future posts before they happened I noticed that on a few other threads aswell

6 hours of praying sounds fun. I wonder how much they get paid an hour
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

If my choices are 6 hours of prostration versus being burned to death... I think I can get some quality kneeling time in.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I think stores would sell out of prosteration cushions really fast! But if I could assend at the end of my life I'd consider converting.

Comment

The priors could be quite effective considering how they can offer undisputed proof of the Ori's powers.

Comment

Well, six hours of prosteration would increase the market for pillows, and cushions, and comfortable footwear. Also would increase the amount of drugs being sold to deal with back pain and what-not...

So I'm thinking that the Orii religion would kind of be bad for your back, but good for the economy...

Sorry, I think I can connect just about anything to 'increasing the economy'

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        If my choices are 6 hours of prostration versus being burned to death... I think I can get some quality kneeling time in.

-IMF
                        I'd rather burn.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          I'd rather burn.
                          Ouch. A good knee pillow would do the trick. One could get some good Playstation Portable time in...aslong as you don't play one of those games that force you to cuss suddenly...

Hey Marty, there's a profit to be made! Quick! To the Martymobile!
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI sounds cool but they are just weird and prostration would be bad for my knees
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Not me. I don't care what they'd do to me, I'd never convert.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X