This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting the gates where they are

the ancients brought them on their spaceships i guess.
    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

in the show they don't explain how the gates got to the different planets or if they were built on the individual planets. and there isn't a probable way (as of now) for the ancients to bring them to the individual planets.
    (comments on if i'm wrong would be nice)
    The Clocks aren't exactly coming.. and i like vB code

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
      the ancients brought them on their spaceships i guess.

surely you don't mean the puddle jumpers right?
      The Clocks aren't exactly coming.. and i like vB code

Comment

they have more ships than just puddlejumpers
        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.

Comment

spoiler

auroa for 1

Comment

thats wierd, ?Clock started this thread and his post is second and nimitz reply is first
            but anyway the ancients surely had transport ships, for a race that advanced they must have had some sort of transport ships
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Transportation by ships are one possibility but there are also others, some include, transportation, or also the creation of artificial wormholes, so in this case, the Ancients were able to create and artificial wormhole to a point in space, from another point in space, just a wormhole, no Stargate, and they were able anchor the ends of the wormholes in position, or even have them move, but remain at an exact point on a planets' surface, then they sent the Stargate through and it came out there. Or a combination, they did as I previously said with the wormholes, but also transported the gates through, to assure they ended up in the correct intended positions.

Owen Macri

Comment

Orlin showed how easy it would be to create a Stargate so i think that if any type of Ancient ship could have been used to create Stargates and DHDs.

the Ancients could just have explored space normally and when they came across a suitable planet, build a stargate on the ship and left it behind.

it would probably have been the same way the Tollan got their gate, the Nox went to the planet and built one, or helped them build one

sigpic

Comment

I would think that rather than wasting time and energy "building" a gate, in the traditional sense of the word, they would have simply materialized it, this would be easier and faster as well. Not to mention entirely possible, with the Ancients level of technology at the time.

Owen Macri

Comment

i dont think so owen maybe they would have done that later. And that is freaky that my reply is the first post.I agree with eoin it was probally transpotred with transport ships which would have a hyperdrive.

Comment

That's an interesting idea... rather than trasporting gates whole.. they simply transported the raw materials and naquadah necessary and stored the gate patterns. When they got to the site, they simply used the pattern in a transporter like device and rematerialized the naquadah and other materials in that specific form. That would be very very cool.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Could they not of used Atlantis to distribute the gates??

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                          i dont think so owen maybe they would have done that later. And that is freaky that my reply is the first post.I agree with eoin it was probally transpotred with transport ships which would have a hyperdrive.
                          I think it is very likley.

Re: Unamed, Atlantis apears to be far newer than the gate network.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                            Re: Unamed, Atlantis apears to be far newer than the gate network.

Owen Macri
                            The milky way network at least
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Ya, lol, I should have included that.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X