No announcement yet.

A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if those kids had come through in today's age. Internet, cell phones a plenty, twitter etc!

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      I also couldn't help but wonder if after there people return (who had been on Earth for 3 months) if life on that planet starts to change. I can see the children that went through the gate and saw what life was like on Earth wanting to have the technology too. And it altmently being the start of further development and the loss of the simple farming life.
      It could provide Earth with leverage when negotiating for mining rights.

Comment

It's doubtful the Edoran villagers even stayed on earth. They were probably sent to the Land of Light for the three months. They certainly wouldn't have been allowed loose on earth, and where at the SGC would they have been housed? And even if they were housed at the SGC, they wouldn't have been given access to any of the technology there.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          It's doubtful the Edoran villagers even stayed on earth. They were probably sent to the Land of Light for the three months. They certainly wouldn't have been allowed loose on earth, and where at the SGC would they have been housed? And even if they were housed at the SGC, they wouldn't have been given access to any of the technology there.
          I think that they would have been sent to another planet too. It would be a lot easier on the Edorans to continue with their lives much as they had done. They could offer them assistance with temporary housing, and seeds and animals so they could continue to be self sufficient. This makes more sense too since they were avidly looking for a way to get Jack back, and as a result the refugees back to their families and friends. Changing their lives too much would have made returning more difficult for them and caused issues for the Edorans too with trying to come to terms with a totally different way of life.

Comment

Niiiiiice! So much emotion in this ep - Carter, Teal'c, O'Neill.

Unfortunately we never learn if O'Neill and the woman really had a child - would have liked to know.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Maybe they did, and they would have shown it had they gone back.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                Niiiiiice! So much emotion in this ep - Carter, Teal'c, O'Neill.

Unfortunately we never learn if O'Neill and the woman really had a child - would have liked to know.
                I always thought that the placement of Laira's hands on her abdomen, the last time we see her, was supposed to make us wonder.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Maybe they did, and they would have shown it had they gone back.
                If SG-1 was being made today, TPTB might give us webisodes. They could film a short clip before breaking the sets. The next year, they release a webisode where we check in on Laira and her friends (with or w/o a new baby). *sigh* now i'm daydreaming of new SG-1 episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                  I always thought that the placement of Laira's hands on her abdomen, the last time we see her, was supposed to make us wonder.

If SG-1 was being made today, TPTB might give us webisodes. They could film a short clip before breaking the sets. The next year, they release a webisode where we check in on Laira and her friends (with or w/o a new baby). *sigh* now i'm daydreaming of new SG-1 episodes...
                  I would be ok with webisodes.. Even if they were only say 30 min long.

Comment

I'd be okay with webisodes if they were 8-10 minutes long. Something is better than nothing.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This one was interesting. Not one of my favorites though...
                      sigpic

Comment

I own the script, signed by RDA himself.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I own the script, signed by RDA himself.
                          Any secrets in it?
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            Any secrets in it?
                            No idea -- I haven't read it so I don't know what sort of cut scenes are in there. Maybe I should do that some time.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Want to keep it in mint condition FH?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I like how O'Neill gates to this planet in Shades of Grey, it was one of the best Stargate transitions of all time - both planets visible on the same screen. I haven't checked if the planet actually looks the same as it did here though.. probably not enough of it to tell as O'Neill immediately gates out.

Comment

Working...
                                X