This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Ships Vs. Ori Ships

Now that we know the Ori are building a fleet of ships. I am not sure on the rest of your thoughts (as of now), but I think the Asgard would get stomped on by the Ori. What do you all think?

when we actually show the ships...................

Comment

The Ori have never had a need to build warships and therefore I think it might take them some time to produce a fleet of viable warships. They are certainly advanced enough but they have never had to build these ships before and have no tactics to use the ships with. They are a very powerful race but a full space war is a new idea for them.

Comment

I am sure its new to them "now" but probably over the millennia (when they weren't ascended) some of them probably built ships. I can almost bet on it.

Comment

oh come on!! we just settled the whole Asgard vs Waith thing cant we wait and actually see an Ori ship before we start this?!?!? Seriously either they will be super cool or pirate of the Carribean rejects... once we see then we will be able to tell if a couple of Oneils, Daniel Jacksons, Carters and Jaffa T's can win the day.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I didn't know the Ori had ships...please be sensitive to people trying to avoid spoilers. A differant title would've been a little better.

Comment

To actually think that the Ori have never had ships is weird to me. The Ancients built Atlantis. Its a Frackin' city. Come on people. The Ancient's fled the Ori to are Galaxy. THINK, that's all I am asking. The Ori are Ascended being. They know how to build ships. Or do we have to ask Joe for this thread to?
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

it's not that weird, i think anythings possible with the priors. the ori don't withhold all of the power from the unenlightened like the ancients do. maybe they don't even need ships?? they obviously have super powers and nothing so far has even shown that they use technology at all...pretty much all "magic"

Comment

If the ori ships are built and run by normal people then the asgard should be able to defeat them

But if they are somehow linked to the power of the ori then the asgard are likely to encounter some problems
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

The Ori pretty much have the same tech as the ancients. So its safe to say, the ancients were way more advanced than the asgard. So thats where I am coming from. And sorry Crichton for the spoilers, but they said it in the last episode that they were buidling ships. And I really don't think it needs spoiler tags because the show already aired.

Comment

Althought the asgard have shown some tech that is supior to the ancients such as teloporation that is not point to point which we have not seen from the ancients. After all they have had time since the ancients ascened to work on new tech.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                      O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        oh come on!! we just settled the whole Asgard vs Waith thing cant we wait and actually see an Ori ship before we start this?!?!? Seriously either they will be super cool or pirate of the Carribean rejects... once we see then we will be able to tell if a couple of Oneils, Daniel Jacksons, Carters and Jaffa T's can win the day.
                        agree!
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

FFS again with the Asgard with better technology than the Ancients . The Ancients have all of the things we've seen from the Ori...like I've said countless times I don't think the Asgard have better anything...anyhow, we are weighing knowledge of universe vs. race whos had space travel for 30k years. PRIORS ARE GOING TO WHOOP THE ASGARD SO BAAAAAAAAAAD! P.S. We witnessed ringless transportation technology in Avalon part II. The treasure was transported down.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

A possibility that Ori ships maybe similar to "lantians ship" since both are the
                            same race.

I bet that if SGA team capture a wraith and bring that wraith to earth and sees
                            a Ori ship, the wraith will probably recongnize as "lantian design ship."

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                              A possibility that Ori ships maybe similar to "lantians ship" since both are the
                              same race.

I bet that if SGA team capture a wraith and bring that wraith to earth and sees
                              a Ori ship, the wraith will probably recongnize as "lantian design ship."
                              Ya, you're right. Since billions of years doesn't seperate the Ori and the Ancients. That and now the Ori have "the knowledge of the Universe" so they would put all of the best components of a ship together to create the most superior ship known.

Comment

Working...
                              X