No announcement yet.

Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually deeply dislike humour on screen and in video games, and occasionally get negative reception on the Internet about this as if sense of humour was my fault. But this episode was an exception. I liked "Urgo" and was looking forward to watch it again. I suspect it is because the team and General Hammond remained true to their character and never participated in the jokes.

In hardly any other case would I be glad for the team to be arrested or their state of mind questioned. But here it was necessary. I suppose it was good that they didn't bring in the crazy doctor McKenzy to keep the color of the story brighter.

My favorite scene is the description of the defibrillator, where Urgo applied language in such an unusual way – I haven't heard before about the device actively defibrillating. Any person or child could have asked those questions.

The ending could have been different and less patronizing, when the people placing demands aren't actually paying or sacrificing anything towards that goal.

Comment

This is a favorite episode of mine for several reasons:

1. To see the main characters of Daniel, Samantha Carter, Teal'c and Jack act as if nothing is really wrong but you can tell something is 'off' is hilarious.

2. The gulping down of the hot coffee bit by Teal'c and the reactions of his fellow teammates and General Hammond is hilarious to see how they are almost not blinking as they watch him.

3. The mess hall scene with the desserts on the table and how each one of the characters devours desserts before heading back to the briefing room and when Jack goes back to get another piece of pie before leaving it is so funny to watch.

4. The singing bit between the four characters is hilarious to see and listen to, I keep singing along with them especially Daniel because he does have a nice singing voice, it was the second time I had heard him sing, the first time was in an episode of "Saving Hope" he has a really nice voice if you listen carefully.

5. Dom DeLuise's scenes in the medical room where the four main ones see him yet Janet does not has me smiling throughout the scene.

6. The beginning where SG-1 returns through the gate and have a puzzled look on their face when they see that they are surrounded by guns and Hammond is looking at them from the control room and Daniel, Jack, Samantha and even Teal'c have puzzled expressions on their faces like "Huh?"

7. The bit where the team is put into confinement and Urgo first reveals himself to the team and the guard outside the room has no clue as to what is happening and when they greet Urgo and they all say "Hello Urgo" at the same time and he grins and laughs like a giddy school kid like "Yay I did it!"
      sigpic
      Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
      http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

One of the best episodes.

Comment

I never can resist the awesome thrill of this ep!
          Too bad we never got to see Togar, the "as handsome as he is evil" man again. He had quite the technology there...
          He also spoke in that funnily grandiloquent way

Comment

I'm not sure what I like more - Janet's face when she shows Jack the tape of him singing, Jack's reaction, or Urgo imitating Teal'c.

...God, I can't stop laughing.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Dom DeLuise was a scream!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by polkadotfiend View Post
                One of my favourite episodes. I love how Urgo wound them all up and made them all appear insane. Makes me laugh everytime I watch it.
                Makes me laugh how it seemed to be by accident and intentional at exactly the same time.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                  I'm not sure what I like more - Janet's face when she shows Jack the tape of him singing, Jack's reaction, or Urgo imitating Teal'c.

...God, I can't stop laughing.
                  Same here!!!!
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

The first few times, it was funny. These days i skip urgo..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      The first few times, it was funny. These days i skip urgo..
                      On my most recent rewatch, I didn't laugh once I think. However, thinking about Jack singing "Row, row, row your boat" and his comment about not even knowing the words make me laugh now.. Just not when I was watching the actual episode for some reason. Strange

Comment

Maybe because this ep is so different , the fan is expecting some hostile aliens, grave danger or some fierce fight - and he/she gets comedy. It may take some time to like it.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          Maybe because this ep is so different , the fan is expecting some hostile aliens, grave danger or some fierce fight - and he/she gets comedy. It may take some time to like it.
                          I don't mind comedy in Stargate. That's one reason I like Atlantis a lot It just has to be the right type of comedy. Maybe this episode was more fun to make than to watch, I heard Christopher Judge had a good time on set.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            It has to be funny first or it falls flat. That is what is wrong with this episode. Its not funny
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks God we all enjoy different kinds of comedy - maybe Urgo is sth like German comedy.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Not as bad as I remembered, but probably my least favorite ep of the season...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X